All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Youth I'm more than happy to get a chance but we still need more bodies.
Even take away keeper and accept we are stuck with Hamilton we still need a few outside players

Agree with you 100% G_Man, we're all making the same, similar comments since the Brechin opener.

We can't all be wrong and now is certainly not the time to get financial cold-feet, far too much at stake imho.

Best regards

At the very minimum it’s one striker, I’d just about accept Hamilton and Ferrie as the keepers. In an ideal world 2 strikers, a keeper and 1 other just about anywhere if they are half decent - also a CH if Davis ducks off. Think midfields ok, we’ve got cover a LB with McGhee - we’d be reliant on youth cover at RB and in midfield but to be fair they look half decent.

52 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

You cant be serious?
Strikers alone if Nelson gets injured or even Meekings again I'd be slightly concerned.
Youth I'm more than happy to get a chance but we still need more bodies.
Even take away keeper and accept we are stuck with Hamilton we still need a few outside players

I am being very serious. Without bringing anyone in, I think we'll be fine. McPake has brought in solid people, but has a better understanding of the youth players than anyone else. 

I think if he was panicked we would have seen more in. Yes it's a bit bare and that, but again youth players. 

Really have a lot of faith in what we have already. Positivity is a strange thing. I don't like it.

We cant’t solely rely on our youth as back up, there is a massive difference between friendlies and the real thing. We need a few more experienced players. 1 striker minimum, a winger and an amc.

Defensively we are fine and the players we have can cover all the positions. Our 3 centre mids will comfortably be the best in the league and I’m content with young Robertson being back up in there. We need competition for McDaid and Todd though.

Any Dundee guys coming down to Kirkcaldy on Saturday and fancy a pint of real ale. The Harbour Bar does 5 or 6 ales normally and has a pie menu with 9 different pies. From mince to a nice spicy chicken curry a few different steak fillings such as kidney,stilton or just gravy. It's about a twenty minute walk to the ground. If your coming by trai get a taxi at the station. If your driving come into Kirkcaldy and keep on the road that takes you down to the tall flats then right at the roundabout and the bar is opposite the harbour. 

We've got two central midfielders - McGowan isn't a central midfielder and is dogshite in that position. Are people for real? He's Okay behind the striker in a formation such as yesterday but he's shown over many years he's too slow, tactically unaware and technically pish to play there.

Another striker minimum required. We obviously never expected Miller to go and now people are building up their hopes on Curran doing well. For what it's worth I think he'll do Okay but to rely on him as our second choice striker would be madness.

Hamilton is fucking mince and needs replaced, any optimism over our youths can't cloud this.

A winger is needed aswell then we're nearly there. 

I dont expect to win the league straight away or to scoosh the league in any sort of manner but if we want to charge one of the highest season thicket prices in Scotland then we sure as f**k shouldn't be relying on our vastly untested youths.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Any Dundee guys coming down to Kirkcaldy on Saturday and fancy a pint of real ale. The Harbour Bar does 5 or 6 ales normally and has a pie menu with 9 different pies. From mince to a nice spicy chicken curry a few different steak fillings such as kidney,stilton or just gravy. It's about a twenty minute walk to the ground. If your coming by trai get a taxi at the station. If your driving come into Kirkcaldy and keep on the road that takes you down to the tall flats then right at the roundabout and the bar is opposite the harbour. 

A pie with just gravy in it.

Not selling it very well.

You can walk from the train station to the centre in a matter of minutes and the ground aswell in a bit longer if you're not a lazy b*****d aswell.

Thank you.

We've got two central midfielders - McGowan isn't a central midfielder and is dogshite in that position. Are people for real? He's Okay behind the striker in a formation such as yesterday but he's shown over many years he's too slow, tactically unaware and technically pish to play there.
Another striker minimum required. We obviously never expected Miller to go and now people are building up their hopes on Curran doing well. For what it's worth I think he'll do Okay but to rely on him as our second choice striker would be madness.
Hamilton is fucking mince and needs replaced, any optimism over our youths can't cloud this.
A winger is needed aswell then we're nearly there. 
I dont expect to win the league straight away or to scoosh the league in any sort of manner but if we want to charge one of the highest season thicket prices in Scotland then we sure as f**k shouldn't be relying on our vastly untested youths.
Thank you.

I agree McGowan isn’t capable in the top league but have you seen the nick of this league? Every team is fucking dung.

16 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Especially the 'favourites'. 😃

Like it Biggie, even Master David Beckham knows Sweep will come good after all.

On a more sinister note, I see sad-act NEFdab's medication requires administered again. Sad, however a reflection of modern life645593072_download(1).jpg.6565095c5415a1e8c3352479a5bf37ef.jpg

Best regards   

I was in Kirkcaldy a few weeks ago and was in for a pint. Good place and the pie was nice (steak and black pudding).

Hey, just glad NEFdab's using his spell-checker, at least the fingers have some function if nowt else apparently.

I would not wish that he makes a complete DAB of himself. Thankfully also not a true reflection of them all.

Signing out, early start tomorrow, sure DAB man-child will probably read this about lunchtime tomorrow when he awakens.

Best regards

Jack lambert has been signed for Scunthorpe under 23s , what the script with Henvey and Scott , allegedly our next big things why has no one signed them up if they were such a big deal?

it's interesting reading everyones opinions in regard to the squad.

as the recruitment policy has been solid this summer it does fill me with some optimism although it wouldn't be the Dundee we all love if it didn't do things the hard way.

Im of the opinion that I would probably rather spend good money on a proven striker than waste whatever remaining budget on a goal keeper and extra cover in the midfield.

my thinking on the goalkeeper situation is that I do have faith in our new look defence ( I can't remember the last time I said that) and that Hamilton may not be as exposed as he undoubtedly was last season 

what is the latest on the hemmings , Rudden and may situation ?