All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Could do with our strikers getting some goals in pre season to boost some confidence. In saying that dont really care where the goals come from during the season as long as we win but be nice to score a good few goals

I always think that the last pre-season friendly should be against some non-league team or 2nd division outfit so that our strikers can get a chance to score a few just before the season starts and get their confidence up. Although, knowing us, we would lose 4-0 to Civil Service Strollers or something....

I know it's only a friendly and should be treated as an exercise. Regardless I still have this lingering dread that we are going to have one of these seasons where we play well but just can't find the net. For me, we really need strikers. (Pointing out the obvious) and a goalkeeper that commands his box. I really hope mcpake has something lined up.  

I know it's only a friendly and should be treated as an exercise. Regardless I still have this lingering dread that we are going to have one of these seasons where we play well but just can't find the net. For me, we really need strikers. (Pointing out the obvious) and a goalkeeper that commands his box. I really hope mcpake has something lined up.  

Agreed i personally couldnt give a f**k about the tippy tappy style of play, give me shots from 25 yards out and scrappy tap ins and all in between as long as there is goals and a decent defence i couldnt care about the style of play we are not trying to improve the image of the national team just get us promoted through graft and goals!

Also i hate to be the voice of doom already but i think we may struggle without a few extra bodies in midfield and we badly, badly need a striker im all for Mcpake selling the feel good factor but we have a team of players who are prone to injuries (lengthy ones at that).

Just my opinion of course.

Although i am glad we have players that are familiar with the league and not from the Romanian 3rd division that had a trial at arsenal, just need a few extra to bolster the squad.

1-1 Paul McGowan.
ETA: 25 yard screamer.

Gowser has been the standout in these friendly games apparently; bossed the midfield in the last game and then scores a pearler in this one? Love it.

Gowser has been the standout in these friendly games apparently; bossed the midfield in the last game and then scores a pearler in this one? Love it.
Gowser, Byrne and Ness has the makings of a very tidy but tough middle of the park.

11 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Has he shaved his head yet?

Has he shaved his head yet?

HOW BAD ASS WOULD THAT BE?? Would have to tattoo teardrops on his face for his every victim he’s either maimed, killed or give a stern talking too

2 hours ago, Eh Peh Skeh said:

Also i hate to be the voice of doom already but i think we may struggle without a few extra bodies in midfield and we badly, badly need a striker im all for Mcpake selling the feel good factor but we have a team of players who are prone to injuries (lengthy ones at that).

Just my opinion of course.

Although i am glad we have players that are familiar with the league and not from the Romanian 3rd division that had a trial at arsenal, just need a few extra to bolster the squad.

Feeling a bit like this too. Pleased with the signings we've made but still short of 4 or 5 players. Would love to say we will win the league but playoffs are our best bet.

Two strikers and a keeper are a must.