All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

I find it strange that a lot of folk would have been happy to persevere with Jesse Curran on the basis that it’s step down in standard yet seem to have it in for Jack Hamilton despite the same thing being true.

I don’t think signing a new keeper at this stage will be the difference between us winning the league or not. Far more important that we find a striker.

I think the issue is that had Curran had a couple a bad games the overall effect on results is unlikely to have been catastrophic. When a keeper has a couple of bad games, it almost certainly costs you points. 

I hope Hamilton starts the season well, it'll be good for his confidence. The last thing we need is a keeper being the boo-boys target, especially if we've not signed any real alternative. 

I find it strange that a lot of folk would have been happy to persevere with Jesse Curran on the basis that it’s step down in standard yet seem to have it in for Jack Hamilton despite the same thing being true.

I don’t think signing a new keeper at this stage will be the difference between us winning the league or not. Far more important that we find a striker.

I honestly can’t see the comparison. I was one of Curran’s biggest critics but he undoubtedly had the ability to run at opponents at speed with the ball. A league down, where the rest of players tend to be a bit slower, less aware this could have been used to great effect. It doesn’t matter anyway, he’s gone.

I suppose you can argue that in this league Hamilton should come under less pressure and might get a chance to regain some confidence, but I fear he has already lost the majority of the fans, including me, and it’s hard to see a way back. I won’t be booing him however.

1 hour ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

Jesse is still a young lad with tonnes of potential. I have a lot of hope for him.

Hamilton though is the square root of useless. It's not even a confidence thing. 

The championship being a different level/easier division idea I disagree with completely. It's comprised of people who have had a lot of premiership experience and people chomping at the bit to get recognised.

I think a decent keeper is the absolute most crucial thing we need this year and without it we are going nowhere. There is no point hammering in 4 up the pitch if you have Hamilton tripping over his own foot and letting in 6.

I agree we need a striker but totally disagree about Hamilton and Curran the point has already been made about the difference of playing outfield or in goal in a lower league. We we’re told by hearts fans he would make mistakes and it only took one league game to prove them wright! Curran could make 5 mistakes a game and it wouldn’t cost us goals. I hope I’m proved wrong and Hamilton has a great season as I think he’s going to be our keeper but I certainly won’t be booing him or any other Dundee player like some others probably will.

was told that you guys are / were interested in Stevie May. From someone who worked for Tony Asghar

Would be surprised if this happened. May has not been banging in the goals but I’m sure Dons fans are reasonably happy with his overall contributions and McInnes seems a fan. I don’t think Aberdeen have that many strikers either?

Doubt he would fancy dropping down a division, even just for one season as we steamroll our way to the title

Thank You

The Courier quoting McPake in saying we missed out on Ben turner.

“I said to him that I was on the lookout for centre-backs and that it was close with Ben Turner and Jordon Forster.

“We got Jordon over the line but unfortunately missed out on Ben.

2 minutes ago, DerryDee said:

The Courier quoting McPake in saying we missed out on Ben turner.

“I said to him that I was on the lookout for centre-backs and that it was close with Ben Turner and Jordon Forster.

“We got Jordon over the line but unfortunately missed out on Ben.

His comments on Kerr Waddell leaving make interesting reading. He claims that Kerr asked someone from within the club to put out a statement saying that he'd left the club, then when the club did so, he took to social media to claim he found out he'd left the club on Twitter :blink:

4 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:

His comments on Kerr Waddell leaving make interesting reading. He claims that Kerr asked someone from within the club to put out a statement saying that he'd left the club, then when the club did so, he took to social media to claim he found out he'd left the club on Twitter :blink:

Yeah its a bit of a strange one, from what I have seen Waddell has deleted his twitter account now and is training with Arbroath. I would of liked to of kept him but best to move on now and focus on bringing another CH in. 

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

For a guy that has a family emergency, Andrew Davies is fair floating about on Twitter promoting his faux herbalife shite.

Glad I am not the only one to notice that haha. McPake also said the player is in top condition ha. I think he's most likely trying to find another move, especially as we were trying to bring both Forster and Turner in. May would be a good signing for us but with both Perth & Paisley Saints & Utd also interested I don't personally think we will be seeing him in a Dee shirt anytime soon.

Edited by Steve Bee
ETA