All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Not because you listen to Morrisey, rather because you refuse to condemn his racism and support for extreme right-wing politics.

You seriously have no clue what you're on about, also take this shite to the politics thread.

Must admit, some canny, thoughtful signings from Mr James McPake so far.

Personally a little concerned the real games start soon and we're still at least three main signings short, right through the spine of the team imo.

However I'm sure he has it all in hand, not like previous "managers" we've experienced, panicking at the end of the transfer window.

Best regards

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

IMG_9151.jpg

50 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

It's not the Dundee tartan I used to have. 

My scarf had red as per picture.

There is red in it as can (barely, right enough) be seen in that photo. I'm hoping it's more noticeable IRL. 

They've definitely went for the Dundee FC tartan, though. 

Edit : Are the Scotland flags us or Macron? 

Edited by Dele

17 minutes ago, Dele said:

There is red in it as can (barely, right enough) be seen in that photo. I'm hoping it's more noticeable IRL. 

They've definitely went for the Dundee FC tartan, though. 

Edit : Are the Scotland flags us or Macron? 

Cheers, I must not have been looking closely enough!

Must admit, some canny, thoughtful signings from Mr James McPake so far.
Personally a little concerned the real games start soon and we're still at least three main signings short, right through the spine of the team imo.
However I'm sure he has it all in hand, not like previous "managers" we've experienced, panicking at the end of the transfer window.
Best regards

For me it’s only 2 - a keeper and a striker - absolutely essential.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Yep, agree with you on above Fifespud. 

The third one is an experienced play-maker / game-changer, one Charles Graham Adam.

Honestly, sign him and it's in the bag, imho.

Best regards 

Less worried about a striker, think our goals will come from a few places this season (going on a feeing here).

Def need a keeper.

An experienced playmaker ala harkins or Adams like you say would complete the picture.

13 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I reckon we need 2 strikers. Can't rely on Craig Curran, Andy Nelson and just one more.

I honestly don't think McPake is gonna sign a keeper and we'll regret that.

Still think we'll do bits - Linked with that Ben Turner (Possibly dependent on Andrew Davies leaving?), Zak Rudden (Injured for the forseeable) and a marquee signing such as Charlie Adam.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

What’s the latest with the stadium guys?  Everything still on track?

Why do you care?  All you need to know is that it isn’t going to be ready for this season, after which Dundee will be back in the big league and United will still be in the league you’re getting awful comfortable in.

An update for Granny:

We are going to use your enormous carcass and drop you from height to begin the in prints of our new stadia.

Your obese exterior will then be loaded into the Tay, thus, ending your captivity program on land.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

An update for Granny:

We are going to use your enormous carcass and drop you from height to begin the in prints of our new stadia.

Your obese exterior will then be loaded into the Tay, thus, ending your captivity program on land.

Thank you.

kdE8vR5.jpg

I reckon we need 2 strikers. Can't rely on Craig Curran, Andy Nelson and just one more.

I honestly don't think McPake is gonna sign a keeper and we'll regret that.
Still think we'll do bits - Linked with that Ben Turner (Possibly dependent on Andrew Davies leaving?), Zak Rudden (Injured for the forseeable) and a marquee signing such as Charlie Adam.

Wouldn’t disagree re 2 strikers but I’m trying to be realistic. Happy with the business we’ve done, no weird, hopeful punts. Doesn’t seem like we’ve burst the bank either by recklessly signing a one season wonder on 5k a week.

I can see McPake using McGowan behind Nelson aswell in some games.

Two strikers are needed though along with another winger and centre mid.

That's without mentioning the must of a new keeper.

We need as many in as possible next week or we're way behind in integrating them into the squad. 

You'll win nothing with youngsters. Not true as we know, but it certainly is with the crop we have (average at best).

Thank you.

Yep, agree with you on above Fifespud. 
The third one is an experienced play-maker / game-changer, one Charles Graham Adam.
Honestly, sign him and it's in the bag, imho.
Best regards 

Even if we signed Messi it wouldn’t be in the bag with Hamilton in goal!!!

I find it strange that a lot of folk would have been happy to persevere with Jesse Curran on the basis that it’s step down in standard yet seem to have it in for Jack Hamilton despite the same thing being true.

I don’t think signing a new keeper at this stage will be the difference between us winning the league or not. Far more important that we find a striker.