All things Dundee FC

Shankland has all the hallmarks of a player who'll scored about 9 in any season following which someone pays decent money for him and gives him a tidy contract. Dobbie is the best striker in this league by a country fucking mile.

Shankland is not worth the money you'd need to throw at him to convince him to do another season down here. I'd of course have him, but if the likes of Sunderland are interested they could blow most Scottish teams out the water and you'd be spunking a considerable amount of your budget on someone who's looked excellent at this level for only half a season.

And before anyone quotes this with a picture of him scoring against us, we were utter aids last year and if Darian Mackinnon could do it then anyone could.

48 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Shankland is not worth the money you'd need to throw at him to convince him to do another season down here. I'd of course have him, but if the likes of Sunderland are interested they could blow most Scottish teams out the water and you'd be spunking a considerable amount of your budget on someone who's looked excellent at this level for only half a season.

And before anyone quotes this with a picture of him scoring against us, we were utter aids last year and if Darian Mackinnon could do it then anyone could.

Yeah, bad aids as well, not good aids.

Thank you.

I signed Shankland for Dundee in football manager 2019 for about 200k and so far, in 19 games he has scored 4 goals. On the other hand, his strike partner Souleymane Coulibaly has scored 11 goals in 20 games. Take from this what you will.

Just found out this evening Kevin McNaughton coaches at Dundee also. ANn ex junior player does also ( for life of me I cant remember name ). And Jamie McBrearty also helps with 16s.

3 times a week mates young lad will be training as of two weeks time for 16s n 18s
Jamie mcbrearty is some boy used to do the away games with him on the ellenbank bus.

On 12/06/2019 at 21:19, 1320Lichtie said:
On 12/06/2019 at 20:57, RandomGuy. said:
I think he'd play well, but any instinct in front of goal has vanished. He was never actually that great, but just pure confidence had him taking chances, in terms of taking players on and hitting shots, that paid off. From what I've seen hes got zero confidence in himself now.

5k a week is nearly more than double their average salary which is around £130k a year. Seems way off. Where'd you hear that?

surely 130 divided by 5 = 26, so you only get him for 26 weeks, ???

56 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I signed Shankland for Dundee in football manager 2019 for about 200k and so far, in 19 games he has scored 4 goals. On the other hand, his strike partner Souleymane Coulibaly has scored 11 goals in 20 games. Take from this what you will.

Nothing. 

Jimmy Nichol has said he'll miss a few games this season due to being on international duty.

I don’t see this being a big issue as McPake will need to make the big decisions himself anyway. Also I’d assume Dave McKay will always be in the dugout as well.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jimmy Nichol has said he'll miss a few games this season due to being on international duty.

It was the same when he was at Cowden. Didn't seem to cause any problems, other than them being relegated. 

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

Nice one, in his prime at 40 and still a better long term prospect than Jack Hamilton imo.

One thing, it's not a Scott Fox return, he's signed for Partick Thistle today.

Best regards

He's easily got 2 seasons in him yet for Ferrie to fully develop and become our number 1 IMO.