All things Dundee FC

19 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Saying Marshall was the poorest is an equally big stretch imo.

I thought Curran started off very well for us last season, a real handful, miles better than Moussa. He then picked up the stomach injury and was forced to play, with Nelson even more fucked, because there was nobody else. Consequently he wasn’t so effective. He never gives CH’s a break, pressurising them constantly, now we’re a league down and most centre half’s are in general less composed, I think he will force a lot of errors leading to chances for Nelson etc. He’s not going to score a barrowload of goals but if he can get to say 12, with his work rate, well in my book that will be effective.

I absolutely agree with you about CCurran Spud, and I also believe that JackHam will get 36 clean sheets this season.

But in all seriousness I hope that Davies, Curran, and JackHam break some of McPake's training camp rules whilst in Spain thus 'forcing' us tell all three that they are to move on as they will not feature for us and we can set about replacing those three asap!

If all the positivity from Morton fans is correct then I’m sure he’ll have no issue getting a full time offer from them. Based on signings he’s be 5th choice with everyone fit at Dens at the moment so can understand why he’s not been kept on
Yup agree with this. However I do worry about them since at least two of them are mega injury prone. Our two new central defenders I dont know if they have a bad past injury wise. I hope not certainly

Waddell tweeting that he only found out he was released through twitter. 

Waddell wasn’t released. His contract ended. At no point have Dundee said he was released. They have said he has left the club after his contract expired. I’m pretty sure Waddell knew when his contract expired and what would happen if he didn’t sign a new one.

I'm okay with having C.Curran as part of a four man strikeforce for the season.

It wouldn't be too unreasonable to expect 12 goals either. He's the sort of head less chicken that will score a few in the penalty box stramash''s that the championship brings. 

Striker and Goalkeeper are essential in the next week or so.

A CB, CM, Winger and striker to then complete the set.

Thank you.

There is not a chance Craig Curran is scoring 12 goals this season. He’s dreadful and his scoring record over his whole career does nothing to suggest he has the ability to hit double figures.

As someone pointed out earlier his only season in his whole career where he managed 10 goals in a season came after scoring a hatrrick in the final game of the season in a game which meant nothing.

His career goals over the last ten seasons in all comps in reverse order from last season 3, 10,7,7,5,1, 4, 7, 8, 7.

There’s not a chance he’s reaching 12 league goals this season

6 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

His career goals over the last ten seasons in all comps in reverse order from last season 3, 10,7,7,5,1, 4, 7, 8, 7.

Bloody hell, thats dismal, if he gets to his favourite number of 7 for us, Id be amazed. He really is a terrible player with no redeeming attributes, Im not giving him credit for trying hard, thats the bare minimum you'd accept from a player. The only thing he does consistently is run into defenders, he really should be picking up more yellow cards, and that sums him up IMO, more likely to get booked than score.

Moussa was inept as a player, he looked like someone walking the streets, who was pulled on the park to make up the numbers, but he was less dislikable than Curran.

Im not overly convinced by Nelson either, we definitely need 2 good strikers to be brought in as a matter of urgency.

There is not a chance Craig Curran is scoring 12 goals this season. He’s dreadful and his scoring record over his whole career does nothing to suggest he has the ability to hit double figures.

As someone pointed out earlier his only season in his whole career where he managed 10 goals in a season came after scoring a hatrrick in the final game of the season in a game which meant nothing.

There’s not a chance he’s reaching 12 league goals this season
Tbf the one difference is that he should be playing for a strong team in a weak league. He only had one run of games for United with Safranko ahead of him and he had like 3 in 5 (I can't remember exactly but it was something similar)and then his other appearances were mostly as a late sub.

I don't expect him to change overnight but it is a massive difference playing in a lower half County side. His last season at County getting 10 goals in that side (even if you took a few off) is a reasonable return IMO.

Do you know who the person is ? I know of 2 youth scouts however I only know one of them via when they played Dundee West (they are a shambles of a club, huge club but a shambles )

Dundee scout was at disc again yesterday. He was watching the game next to us. Think it was fairmuir v Utd social.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'm okay with having C.Curran as part of a four man strikeforce for the season.

It wouldn't be too unreasonable to expect 12 goals either. He's the sort of head less chicken that will score a few in the penalty box stramash''s that the championship brings. 

Striker and Goalkeeper are essential in the next week or so.

A CB, CM, Winger and striker to then complete the set.

Thank you.

Regarding the above, more consistent firepower and the glaring goalkeeping issue are two items we all agree upon.

Now, merely my thoughts, however the fact Lawrence Shankland is speaking to Dundee United he has clearly not ruled out remaining at Championship level.

This being the case why are we not making a fresh approach, after all our American financial input and commitment is not in any doubt. 

Best regards

50 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Tbf the one difference is that he should be playing for a strong team in a weak league. He only had one run of games for United with Safranko ahead of him and he had like 3 in 5 (I can't remember exactly but it was something similar)and then his other appearances were mostly as a late sub.

I don't expect him to change overnight but it is a massive difference playing in a lower half County side. His last season at County getting 10 goals in that side (even if you took a few off) is a reasonable return IMO.

I was at 33 of our 36 league games last season and can guarantee you at no point was Curran on a run of 3 in 5.

I was at 33 of our 36 league games last season and can guarantee you at no point was Curran on a run of 3 in 5.
2 in 5 I meant, he had 8 starts overall.

Not a good record but it's not a huge sample size at this level.

2 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

If we wanted to hear from an arsehole we'd have collectively farted.  Now off you pop you dab c**t. 

You might find me on our thread that you seem to hang about on like a jealous p***k. 🤣