All things Dundee FC

I thought it was your typical early pre-season affair. Lot's of nice side passing and almost no tackling at all. The young lad that scored the second goal looks a good wee player. McDaid scored a good goal and looks decent going forward. The new boys strolled it and it's difficult to judge any of them properly from a game like that. Marshall probably the weakest of them. Curran was poor in front of goal as was the young number 18.

Difficult to gauge tbh in what was very much a first friendly of the season.

The American James Murphy looks efficient in the centre, always available and seldom wasted a ball without being outstanding.

However Paul McGowan 2nd half, had a tremendous hunger for the ball and looks to have his appetite back again. Which is good.

Best regards 

Just see the goals from this afternoon. McDaid's is lovely and I think young Cameron has paid the Brechin goalie to let his strike in.

I was right behind it and thought the keeper flogged it. It did bobble in front of him and was well placed. Jordan Marshall is going to be a real threat overlapping.

I thought it was your typical early pre-season affair. Lot's of nice side passing and almost no tackling at all. The young lad that scored the second goal looks a good wee player. McDaid scored a good goal and looks decent going forward. The new boys strolled it and it's difficult to judge any of them properly from a game like that. Marshall probably the weakest of them. Curran was poor in front of goal as was the young number 18.

I thought Marshall was excellent. And we’ve started slagging Curran and young Robertson - I take it we can also say Nelson was poor in front of goal too?

I’m going to predict Craig Curran is going to be a very important player for us this season.

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I thought Marshall was excellent. And we’ve started slagging Curran and young Robertson - I take it we can also say Nelson was poor in front of goal too?

I’m going to predict Craig Curran is going to be a very important player for us this season.

Saying Marshall was excellent is a very big stretch. Curran and the young lad both had decent chances and missed them. Can't remember Nelson missing any decent chance but I may be wrong. 

Not sure what you are basing your prediction on - he was shite last season and was shite for Utd as well. We definitely need a new striker.

Aye a very important player to leave behind in Spain.

2 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Aye a very important player to leave behind in Spain.

Can we not just tie him to the whirly and then go to Spain? 

Hopefully he's been stolen or impounded before we return. 

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I would really like to see Craig Curran recapture whatever it is he had. In fairness never stopped trying, made decent runs in the 2nd half and had a good effort cleared off the line.

Maybe he'll now have the opportunity to think for himself not having the ghost of Kenny Miller constantly moaning / pontificating in his ear.

Anyway, positive thoughts only, he still after all has yet to score.

Best regards 

I would really like to see Craig Curran recapture whatever it is he had. In fairness never stopped trying, made decent runs in the 2nd half and had a good effort cleared off the line.

Best regards 

That’s quite literally all he ever had as a player. He hasn’t lost anything, I’m afraid.

Yours faithfully,

Saying Marshall was excellent is a very big stretch. Curran and the young lad both had decent chances and missed them. Can't remember Nelson missing any decent chance but I may be wrong. 
Not sure what you are basing your prediction on - he was shite last season and was shite for Utd as well. We definitely need a new striker.

Saying Marshall was the poorest is an equally big stretch imo.

I thought Curran started off very well for us last season, a real handful, miles better than Moussa. He then picked up the stomach injury and was forced to play, with Nelson even more fucked, because there was nobody else. Consequently he wasn’t so effective. He never gives CH’s a break, pressurising them constantly, now we’re a league down and most centre half’s are in general less composed, I think he will force a lot of errors leading to chances for Nelson etc. He’s not going to score a barrowload of goals but if he can get to say 12, with his work rate, well in my book that will be effective.

I wasn’t there as I’m currently on holiday but 15+ corners must show we have decent width?

Marshall offers a lot going forward, width wise. If you see the first goal online his tenacity created the chance for McDaid who finished sublimely.

Saying Marshall was the poorest is an equally big stretch imo.

I thought Curran started off very well for us last season, a real handful, miles better than Moussa. He then picked up the stomach injury and was forced to play, with Nelson even more fucked, because there was nobody else. Consequently he wasn’t so effective. He never gives CH’s a break, pressurising them constantly, now we’re a league down and most centre half’s are in general less composed, I think he will force a lot of errors leading to chances for Nelson etc. He’s not going to score a barrowload of goals but if he can get to say 12, with his work rate, well in my book that will be effective.

If you want a striker to run his heart out every week with absolutely no footballing quality I’ll do the job for free.

Craig Curran has scored double figures once in a single season. He reached that glorious milestone on the last day of the season after scoring three in his first two games - against Alloa and Montrose. There's literally no basis to say he will get anywhere near twelve goals this season. 

He is absolutely shite.