All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

I notice that DFC are advertising for someone to take on the job of Deewok.
We could do worse with either of McCann or Mcintyre as candidates, this time at last their true role as jokers would be gainfully employed.....

Link, plz.

17 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

I notice that DFC are advertising for someone to take on the job of Deewok.
We could do worse with either of McCann or Mcintyre as candidates, this time at last their true role as jokers would be gainfully employed.....

Neil McCann's gainfully employed again spouting his special brand of knowledge/shite and to be brutally honest I would not trust Jim McIntyre in this role.

However once we sign a new keeper young Jack Hamilton is still under contract. Keep him occupied if nowt else.

Best regards

21 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Also, re signings of rather lack of signings. This is something else that boils my piss about us. EVERY FUCKING YEAR we seem to fanny about in the close season, watch gettable targets sign for rivals then end up making panic signings at the last minute. It's fucking infuriating. 

v Brechin

Hamilton (1/2 time Ferrie)

Kerr Davies (1/2 time Meekings) McGee Marshall

McDaid (say 75min Mulligan) McGowan Byrne Todd (say 65 Robertson)

Nelson Curran

Clearly we need a keeper and striker x2 (for Curran and back-up) + cover elsewhere. Once we see them in action together it may well become clearer as to where we need to strengthen. EVERY YEAR there will be agents asking too much (even Kerr Waddell's agent is hoping to get someone to pay a development fee. I'm pretty sure he'll, and I'll be happy with this, be back in the squad). Once we get closer to the deadline we should pay realistic fees for players that fit our budget. I think we have, over the last few years paid massively over the odds for a lot of our players. Well done this season for targeting the right long term prospects and then waiting for (6?) senior higher quality, for the Championship, signings. It infuriates me that we have previously gone for a bigger squad with a lot of budget wasted on signings not worthy of even a place on the bench.   

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We should definitely have more signings in by now.

Hopefully it's not a sign we're struggling to get our targets. Furthermore each day that passes with Hamilton being photographed training gives me a feeling of hopelessness.

Three in before Spain at least you would think. Comical if not.

Thank you. 

An account on twitter EFL_hub tweeted today that Ben Turner is to sign for a Scottish Premier League club after telling Mansfield he’s moving on. Hopefully they’ve got the Premier League bit wrong. Not sure if they’re info is usually good or not. 

Obviously friendlies don’t matter but it’ll be a big ask of our 16 year olds to compete with Nottingham Forest next week. 

30 minutes ago, DieDee said:

v Brechin

Nelson Curran

Clearly we need a keeper and striker x2 (for Curran and back-up) + cover elsewhere. Once we see them in action together it may well become clearer as to where we need to strengthen. EVERY YEAR there will be agents asking too much (even Kerr Waddell's agent is hoping to get someone to pay a development fee. I'm pretty sure he'll, and I'll be happy with this, be back in the squad). Once we get closer to the deadline we should pay realistic fees for players that fit our budget. I think we have, over the last few years paid massively over the odds for a lot of our players. Well done this season for targeting the right long term prospects and then waiting for (6?) senior higher quality, for the Championship, signings. It infuriates me that we have previously gone for a bigger squad with a lot of budget wasted on signings not worthy of even a place on the bench.   

Not 100% sure but It's unlikely Dundee would be due a Development Fee for Waddell now anyway if they have not offered him a new deal 60 days before his last contract ran out , which looks unlikely they did with him now training regularly with Arbroath as I say though I am not 100% sure of the rules on Development Fees.

30 minutes ago, DieDee said:

v Brechin

Nelson Curran

7 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Just applied to be Deewok. Even snuck in a wee "Thank you" at the end.

It may just be the jiynts, but this could be the best thing I've ever done.

When you're finished your shift will you pull the heid aff it?

24 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Just applied to be Deewok. Even snuck in a wee "Thank you" at the end.

It may just be the jiynts, but this could be the best thing I've ever done.

If/when you get it, please make sure to taunt the DABs after we smack them about.

1 hour ago, Louis Litt said:

A quick scan of his previous team's forums suggests that he's a decent player but is made of glass.

Sounds about right.

Requirements for Signing with Dundee 

• been injured in the last 2 years
  • been injured in the last year
  • been injured at any point of your career

Requirements for Signing with Dundee 
  • been injured in the last 2 years
  • been injured in the last year
  • been injured at any point of your career

Plus the ability to withstand the most vile and personal verbal abuse from the home fans! [emoji4]

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Plus the ability to withstand the most vile and personal verbal abuse from the home fans! emoji4.png

of course , you would stand no chance if you couldn't absorb the absolute pelters from the fans