All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Haha believe it or not since I've been watching my young lad play football I havnt seen many scouts from Dundee who go watch fairmuir or certainly the younger ages as I know they are quite a successful club in the older ages.

Aye, you're right G. I also have only seen United scouts at the youngsters games since we moved down. Good luck for your boy mate.

15 minutes ago, Dele said:

He is - IMO - at the very best, a bottom half of the bottom 6 midfielder. 

Can't agree with that - He's positionally lacking, but had the potential to be a bit of a beast in midfield for us.  Still only 23.

While I’m optimistic that McPake will sign the right players....

People saying he will sign quality players really need to stop believing this. It’s probably the same people who believed in McCann, then believed in McIntyre. 

Just now, jupe1407 said:

Does the DISC still have that sand-based skin-shredding c**t of a pitch?

Nah, changed into the astro style that soccerworld use. In fact, that's putting it down - it's very good.

Just now, srw said:

O’Hara played well once every 10 games for us, he isn’t good enough for anyone in the top 6. 

He was 21 when he played for us and learning a new position. Harsh.

Also, re signings of rather lack of signings. This is something else that boils my piss about us. EVERY FUCKING YEAR we seem to fanny about in the close season, watch gettable targets sign for rivals then end up making panic signings at the last minute. It's fucking infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nah, changed into the astro style that soccerworld use. In fact, that's putting it down - it's very good.

Thank f**k. I mind playing a friendly on that fucker a few years back and watching in horror as our RB launched into a full length sliding tackle to take out a winger. It wasn't pretty. Not played at Soccerworld for years either, our Saturday team used to train there in winter, not long after it opened. It was utterly fucking baltic 😂

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was 21 when he played for us and learning a new position. Harsh.

In the few seasons since it appears he's still struggling to learn that position. He's now approaching mid 20's and still hasn't learnt what to do in his role?.. That's not a very good look. 

Good luck to him if he comes back up, he always gave his all I just don't thi k he's anywhere near good enough as a midfielder for what Kilmarnock will be looking to achieve. Not even as back up. 

46 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Disagree. Dundee absolutely missed him in the middle of the park last season.

43 minutes ago, Dele said:

He is - IMO - at the very best, a bottom half of the bottom 6 midfielder. 

Hence why Dundee missed him last season.