All things Dundee FC

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their thread will be absolutely glorious if that's true 😂

It's not really. I'd recommend that you stay right here m9 and I'll DM you any updates.

Thank you!

3 hours ago, ForzaDundee said:

Where about's does Miller live? Not sure how it works as a professional footballer but surely with the money he's made in his career the difference between playing for Dundee and Partick is pittance and rather the hour commute to Dundee would play a part in his decision.

True. Pribably the reason that Doolan will sign for Ayr rather than the Dee, imo.

True. Pribably the reason that Doolan will sign for Ayr rather than the Dee, imo.

Except Doolan has earned a small fraction of what Miller has.

Glad to see him gone. He seems to have lost the ability to score and when you take that away there isn’t, and never has been, much left.

I’d far rather have Doolan than Miller.

Needs to be a pile of signing emojis next week.

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Not fussed either way about Miller tbh. Was hoping he’d be our version of Stephen Dobbie this season but that’s me trying to convince myself.

Ach, get off it.

We've got Andrew Nelson to play that role, though instead of age it's his legs that hurt after a firm jump.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

£1.5k a week is £156k over two years, were you not reportedly asked for £100k to get Shankland?
Nah it was closer to £250k Ayr wanted. Then, you don't know what Shankland might have wanted in personal terms when he maybe knew that he'd have bigger clubs maybe in for him in the summer.

The alternative was to go for young Benjamin Kallman on a loan to buy who seemed a really good player with plenty of potential and had a few good games and then just never give him another shot when he got injured for a few games. We did a lot wrong but how we handled that signing pissed me off a lot and it we signed Shankland, I don't really see how he could have made much of a difference with that level of decision making also prevalent.

Dieng is by far, the best keeper we've had in the air since Rab. Being 7ft made a difference but he was nowhere near awful, spilled a couple of shots in bad places but his all round game was very good (apart from one cross at Hamilton) and he took a lot of pressure off the defence.

He'll have a better career than Dundee when a good coach works on a couple of wee things.

Rab was shite in the air given his size.

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
4 hours ago, Derry1893 said:
its amazing how many people are in the know on pie and bovril , if only they were journalists could make a career out of it !

It does beat Dundee mad so I'm told and last we while we have had an influx of new posters so dosnt seem all that bad

is Dundee mad still active ? 

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Rab was shite in the air given his size.

This. 

He was always nervy with crosses and corners, but genuinely one of the best shot stoppers we've ever had. I'd only rate Geddes in the mid to late 80s ahead of him. Obvs the overall winner would be Tam Carson if we only ever played against United.