All things Dundee FC

(Question 5 - Gordon Chisholm I think @ QOS, tried to sign Bob Harris)

Anyway, regarding squad numbers. Save number 33 for the young man below to return, even if a fee is involved.

Another wonderful decision by the self proclaimed footballing expert, aka Mr Neil McCann. 

Best regards597afb97db18e-536x372.jpg.b6502e42c732fafa76d48450065f645b.jpg

Edited by This Charming Man

Answers:

1. Gary Smith.
2. Martyn Corrigan
3. Chris Pozniak and Rhian Dodds (Wee bit of a trick question with Rhian being born in Scotland tbf!)
4. Kenny Black
5. Kenny Brannigan
6. Darren Williams

Did we not play QOS after the doughnuts comments and the boy got pelted with doughnuts or did my mind imagine it? I don’t think it was quite like doughnuts raining down on him from the terracing, but that’s how it should have been.

4 minutes ago, K.T said:

Did we not play QOS after the doughnuts comments and the boy got pelted with doughnuts or did my mind imagine it? I don’t think it was quite like doughnuts raining down on him from the terracing, but that’s how it should have been.

Mad that Bob Harris has pretty much fell out of the game and he's only 31 and has been playing in non-league football down South since 2017.

I don’t know enough about these things but should we not learn our lesson re fucked players?

Last I heard he was going to Cove.
I'm in agreement. Happily be wrong but can we not look at signings that dont or havnt had major injury issues. I still worry for our central defenders. On paper seems alright but then again last season they were nowhere to be seen.
Hopefully the treatment table wont be busy this coming season .

Beer festival was good. Also good having good weather

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have Dieng back - Easily better than Hamilton.

I'd have O'Sullivan back - Championship is his level.

Scott Wright would be a coup.

Seriously?? Dieng?? He's pish, how many rebounds did teams score against us last season?? the boy just canna push a shot wide always back into danger.

12 minutes ago, Web said:

Seriously?? Dieng?? He's pish, how many rebounds did teams score against us last season?? the boy just canna push a shot wide always back into danger.

Dieng will go on to have a decent career IMO. He bailed us out more than he was at fault for.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Dieng will go on to have a decent career IMO. He bailed us out more than he was at fault for.

I disagree, some crucial goals he could have done better with.

Just now, Web said:

I disagree, some crucial goals he could have done better with.

To be fair to him, I don't think many keepers would have looked impressive in that side. Glad the McIntyre era is a closed chapter in our history now.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair to him, I don't think many keepers would have looked impressive in that side. Glad the McIntyre era is a closed chapter in our history now.

To be fair to him, he may go on to have a good career but he needs to improve we can do better than him.

1 minute ago, Web said:

To be fair to him, he may go on to have a good career but he needs to improve we can do better than him.

Can we at least agree that Jack Hamilton is not that person? Good to see you back btw Web, been a few year!

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Can we at least agree that Jack Hamilton is not that person? Good to see you back btw Web, been a few year!

Indeed we can agree on that, aye but where have all my posts gone ??

Quiz:
1. Which CH did we sign in the 06-07 season on loan from Cowdenbeath?
2. Which defender did we sign on loan from Motherwell in the 07-08 season?
3.  Which two Canadian players plyed their trade for Dundee in 2008?
4. Which Airdrie manager were we denied permission to speak to when trying to find a replacement for Alex Rae?
5.  Which manager was angered for thinking we could get their star player for, '2 bob and a donut'?
6. Which former Sunderland player was signed by Alex Rae in 2008?

I only know 1 Canadian, and it was Chris Pozniak.

This ^^^

And also you’re right with your next comment we can do better.

Ludo you’re also right - Hamilton is not the man. Utter dog shite.

I think Parish was/is better than those 2. Obviously he fat grass thinks so too.

I thought O’Sullivan had a bit about him. Robson - not so much.

It’s a completely different recruitment strategy, at this stage I’m liking it. I also McPake spoke well in his wee interview on the official site.

The squad is still paper thin. I’m expecting 6 further signings.

Surprised so many people are giving it the "if he's fit and on form then he'll be a great signing" re: Fyvie. Does nobody think that's exactly what the DABs thought before us?

If he was capable of being a top player in this league then they wouldn't be letting him go. Naive to think it'll be different for us IMO.

Edited by RawB93