All things Dundee FC

They were good for us in a better team than Dundee have had in a generation.  God knows what you did to them/formation you played.

I'm not knocking Dundee btw, just defending players who helped the club reach it's pinnacle (as ICT are never going to win the Premiership).

Being part of a team that won the Scottish Cup and having the deckchairs and fat Cubans out by about mid-January because we had 3rd and Europe already sewn up probably did it.
Nick Ross and Josh Meekings were part of the same team.

I left them out because I like the pair of them.

If we had a semi-competent manager or board these last few years we wouldn’t be where we are, but that’s life.

Just now, The Gifted Sub said:

I left them out because I like the pair of them.

If we had a semi-competent manager or board these last few years we wouldn’t be where we are, but that’s life.

I agree.  Far better players than William and Vincent have turned shite once they left a club.

Just now, TheScarf said:

They were good for us in a better team than Dundee have had in a generation.  God knows what you did to them/formation you played.

I'm not knocking Dundee btw, just defending players who helped the club reach it's pinnacle (as ICT are never going to win the Premiership).

Vincent and Meekings arrived broken and had continuing problems at Inverness for quite some time to the point where you guys wanted them out (or at least weren't very upset if they did go). Fair play to Vincent for getting a three year contract but that was madness.

I think WIlliams is the disappointing one. He did look good in the first league game but we changed formation and he was put at wing back and never really impressed. He only really played in his natural position three or four times.

Mammoth losses yearly that make you completely and utterly reliant on an owner with no connection to the club.
Relegation which will bring a shortfall of around half a million.
Shell out a five figure fee for an average central midfielder who doesnt score or create :lol:
Never change Dundee.

Nor does N’Golo Kanté. Byrne ain’t average in the championship. Id be gutted to see him go.

As people have said I like the fact these are sensible signings for players that both knows the game but also are young enough not to have peaked yet, so far Mcpake is doing what should’ve been done from the beginning instead of the usual “jobs for the boys” carry on we usually have

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mammoth losses yearly that make you completely and utterly reliant on an owner with no connection to the club.

Relegation which will bring a shortfall of around half a million.

Shell out a five figure fee for an average central midfielder who doesnt score or create :lol:

Never change Dundee.

"SHELL OUT A FIVE FIGURE FEE"

You should have tried to dramatise it in a tabloid style a bit more IMO. 

It could be anything from £10k to £99k. 

Settle. 

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

On another note what do Dundee fans expect from next season... 

Anything lower than 4th, McPake's career as a manager has to be in serious doubt. 

Wins the league, name a lounge after him. 

7 minutes ago, Dee-funked said:
12 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
What sort of fee do we pay for him?

Nothing to Queens I don't think but there was talk of a potential development fee to Carlisle

Why not any development fee to Queens? He has learned his trade at Palmerston the last 4 seasons, Any official confirmation of Josh Todd signing?