All things Dundee FC

Mammoth losses yearly that make you completely and utterly reliant on an owner with no connection to the club.

Relegation which will bring a shortfall of around half a million.

Shell out a five figure fee for an average central midfielder who doesnt score or create :lol:

Never change Dundee.

13 minutes ago, Deelicious said:

Reports that Queens left-back Jordan Marshall is set to sign as well, St Johnstone also linked.

We wont be able to compete with your offer of regular first team football.

13 minutes ago, Deelicious said:

Reports that Queens left-back Jordan Marshall is set to sign as well, St Johnstone also linked.

I'd just like to get in before RandomGuy and state that Saints had no interest in ever signing such a poor player from a level below where they operate. 

Just now, DigOutYourSoul said:

I'd just like to get in before RandomGuy and state that Saints had no interest in ever signing such a poor player from a level below where they operate. 

Robert Thomson reporting it so it must be true.

I quite like, on the face of it, what McPake has done with Marshall and McGhee - without knowing a great deal about either player. 

Both are 22 and have played over 100 senior games. Young and very experienced at that level. Although a little older Byrne has also played a lot of games for his age.

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:
2 hours ago, Deelicious said:
We're set to sign Livi midfielder Shaun Byrne

Interesting approach from Dundee going with a 2-6-2 next formation next season.

Not sure we’ve got 6 experienced midfielders at the club right enough. 

Edited by Yenitit

21 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I quite like, on the face of it, what McPake has done with Marshall and McGhee - without knowing a great deal about either player. 

Both are 22 and have played over 100 senior games. Young and very experienced at that level. Although a little older Byrne has also played a lot of games for his age.

Sensible signings, maybe the penny’s dropped at the club about making safe sensible signings since the debacle of the transfer windows since the Inverness pair signed. 

41 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, Yenitit said:
Takes about 5 minutes to judge a player when they’re shite.

I mind when Tommy stuck 20 pound on Carlo Monti being top goalscorer after watching him in pre season.. :-(

Ooft 

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We wont be able to compete with your offer of regular first team football.

Or a decent Living Wage for that matter, lol.

Again joking apart, I was engaged on a system commissioning project when your stadium was built, in 1990, if I remember correctly.

Tightly run enterprise/business even then.

You should spend more time encouraging the local population to actually attend and appreciate, rather than spouting nonsense on here.

Late lunch finished now, bye.

Best regards 

Edited by This Charming Man

1 hour ago, Chateau Lafite said:

So far it’s a record this year! No ICT players. Thanks to Jazza for breaking the mould. There were not many successes in that trend.

They came to Dundee successes.  Fuck knows what your club does to players.

1 hour ago, Chateau Lafite said:

So far it’s a record this year! No ICT players. Thanks to Jazza for breaking the mould. There were not many successes in that trend.

It looks like we are going to be trying the same thing, but with QOS this time...

Just now, The Gifted Sub said:

How in the world anyone can determine James Vincent and Danny Williams successes at any level surprises the f**k out of me.

Being part of a team that won the Scottish Cup and having the deckchairs and fat Cubans out by about mid-January because we had 3rd and Europe already sewn up probably did it.

Nick Ross and Josh Meekings were part of the same team.