All things Dundee FC

Doolan could be a decent pick up for The Dee. He didn’t fit into Gary Caldwell’s plans but that doesn’t make him a bad player. Probably went a bit stale as the club slumped. A new beginning at Dens could be just what the doctor ordered. He was third or fourth top scorer in the history of the Premiership the season we went down.

He’s a top lad and you lot better be nice to him. Likes a goal vs The DABs too. 

Does this mean we’re getting Kenny Miller? 

Thank you.

According to Wiki he’s got a great first touch. Something we’ve not had in a striker for donkeys years and someone up front like that makes an enormous difference. Sort of Steven MacLean type. I’m quite excited by the prospect. Kenny Miller is incredibly fit and mobile for his age but his first touch is absolutely brutal.
The only negative is he lives in and supports the Killie junkies, hence it’s a no from me.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

According to Wiki he’s got a great first touch. Something we’ve not had in a striker for donkeys years and someone up front like that makes an enormous difference. Sort of Steven MacLean type. I’m quite excited by the prospect. Kenny Miller is incredibly fit and mobile for his age but his first touch is absolutely brutal.
The only negative is he lives in and supports the Killie junkies, hence it’s a no from me.

This isn't any better but he grew up a Celtic fan, (v unusual for that part of the world) though he obviously has a massive affection for us. Or he did until about 5 weeks ago anyway...

7 hours ago, Fifespud said:

His last goal shows up the talents of our new ‘star’ CH brilliantly emoji23.png

I'm going to say we will be lucky to get a combined total of 10 games from Davies and Meekings next season. McPake should register himself as a player for back up. 

Last time we were in this league we had Peaso up top and he was a similar age if not older. The boy ran the show that year and was our top goal scorer, possibly the league as well but that’s just a guess. A good blend of experience and youth could get us out of this league at the first time of asking.

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

Last time we were in this league we had Peaso up top and he was a similar age if not older. The boy ran the show that year and was our top goal scorer, possibly the league as well but that’s just a guess. A good blend of experience and youth could get us out of this league at the first time of asking.

Third-top with 17, behind Rory Loy (20) and Kane Hemmings (18) (whoever they are...).

In fact, 50% of the top-10 scorers in the Championship that season were past, present or future Dundee players.

Edited by The Master

Hope to f**k we don't sign doolan, mainly because of the meltdowns people will have. We really need to realise that the doolans of the world is what we will be looking at now. We arent going to get real quality. 

Hemmings / Stewart aside when have you had a striker of real quality in the last 10 year?

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hemmings / Stewart aside when have you had a striker of real quality in the last 10 year?

Yes, let's exclude the two best strikers we've had in the last ten years just so the answer is "there hasn't been one".

I'm sure we could all randomly exclude perfectly valid answers to questions to suit an agenda.

"2018/19 aside, have Arbroath ever managed to be promoted higher than the seaside league in the SPFL era?"

25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Never thought I'd read lichtie playing down Simon Murrays quality.

Yes, let's exclude the two best strikers we've had in the last ten years just so the answer is "there hasn't been one".
I'm sure we could all randomly exclude perfectly valid answers to questions to suit an agenda.
"2018/19 aside, have Arbroath ever managed to be promoted higher than the seaside league in the SPFL era?"

Haha raging.

It was implied that you will now not be looking at strikers of real quality because you had been relegated. When you haven't really had any aside from a couple for a long time anyway, wouldn't turn your nose up at Doolan.

Second answer is of course yes.