All things Dundee FC

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was on over £10k a week down South.

Aberdeen pay absolutely obscene wages.

I think he'd play well, but any instinct in front of goal has vanished. He was never actually that great, but just pure confidence had him taking chances, in terms of taking players on and hitting shots, that paid off. From what I've seen hes got zero confidence in himself now.

7F589A88-9DB2-4EBF-A139-F8C551A07E9F.gif

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

5k a week is nearly more than double their average salary which is around £130k a year. Seems way off. Where'd you hear that?

He was in the The Royal boasting about it last week, apparently. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was in the The Royal boasting about it last week, apparently. 

So literally it is a story from a guy in a pub then?

Probably best not to state things like that as fact in case people start to question whether you're just talking shite or not. 

I’d rather have Moussa and Curran up front than May. Sure, they are all utterly awful, but Moussa has that Perth glaikit look about him, and Curran has that Fife inbred look about him, May just looks lost. 

We need forwards though, Miller is useless and Curran couldn’t hit a Twin Trade building with a fitba. 

20 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I don’t think Random is far off with that at all. Graeme Shinnie was one of our highest earners when he left for Aberdeen (I’d guess between £1000-1500 at that time). It was reported his wages were trebled upon joining Aberdeen so it’s quite possible he was on upwards of 4 grand, and that was only his first Aberdeen contract. Given that May came up from down south I don’t think 5k a week will be far off.

I doubt its much off it either, but he's come on here and stated his wages as a fact and then backtracked by claiming his source is that he was 'apparently' telling it to somebody in a pub. 

He acts like he's ITK on here when the reality is probably that he spends a lot of time reading club forums and social media. 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

So literally it is a story from a guy in a pub then?

Probably best not to state things like that as fact in case people start to question whether you're just talking shite or not. 

I'm sure most people know the answer to that question already. 

Looks like Kevin Holt has indeed gone back to QoS.  Exactly the type of player we need at LB but after he got hounded out of the club by "supporters" it's no surprise he's gone somewhere he's not getting pelters every week.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youd probably be surprised at the lack of top flight teams who'd be interested

I really, really wouldn't.

51 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

He acts like he's ITK on here when the reality is probably that he spends a lot of time reading club forums and social media. 

Giving him too much credit there IMO.

2 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I don’t think Random is far off with that at all. Graeme Shinnie was one of our highest earners when he left for Aberdeen (I’d guess between £1000-1500 at that time). It was reported his wages were trebled upon joining Aberdeen so it’s quite possible he was on upwards of 4 grand, and that was only his first Aberdeen contract. Given that May came up from down south I don’t think 5k a week will be far off.

FFS, don't you start as well. 

Imagine for talking sake Shinnie was on £1000 a week at ICT. If his wages increased at Aberdeen by 270% it would be reported as trebled, so that would have him on £2700 per week, not over 4 grand. 

See how easy it is to be miles out?

Stevie May might well be on £5k+ but stating it as fact on the back of a pub story is ridiculous, so less of the sticking up for Boredom please. 

8 hours ago, doogster said:

I'm sure most people know the answer to that question already. 

Looks like Kevin Holt has indeed gone back to QoS.  Exactly the type of player we need at LB but after he got hounded out of the club by "supporters" it's no surprise he's gone somewhere he's not getting pelters every week.

Hartley encouraged everyone to have a go and push up the park in every game. Holt however played negative passes and almost always returned the ball to Bain.

We were all very used to attacking, positive plays so when he made those passes it really stood out. I'll admit even I boo'd him once or twice.

He was a good player. Wasn't setting the world on fire but he wasn't as bad as what we have had since. 

As I said before good signing for them.

47 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Rubbish. :-) he did alright compared the majority of the team. We got lucky with Ralph but he did decent going forward and wasnt afraid to get stuck in.
However I'm sure whoever our next right midfielder is will rip him a new one this up coming season

Aye, he was perfectly ok going forward, but being a fullback and part of our defence it's a fundamental part of his job to be competent at basic defensive duties. That aspect of his game was completely woeful. The difference with Jon was night and day in that regard. I'm not too bothered if my LB isn't creating a goal every other game, or scoring 10 per season, but what no team can afford is a defensive liability that flogs one every other week. His attributes further up the pitch didn't come remotely close to making up for his ineptitude in our defensive third.