All things Dundee FC

Heard we're after Stevie May on loan.  Would imagine we'd have a bit of competition if it is indeed true. 

Would like us to go for Vaughan at Raith.  Good young player with the obligatory questionable injury record.

Vaughan just seems to be one of they players, not worth the risk, chocolate

Think Miller will do very well for you this season by the way

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Have we still only got about 6 players?
I wonder if McPake’s involvement with the youth team means we’ll see a different approach to recruitment going forward.
What would people think if this seasons priority was bringing through youth into the first team and not necessarily winning the league? Of course no one wants to see us consolidate a place in the championship but it may be wise to have the next few years in mind and not just this season.

Kinda hoping we would strive to achieve both these targets this season. Looking after today whilst planning for tomorrow.

The American budget cannot afford another caning, especially after the McCann / McIntyre experience imo.

Best regards as always

1 hour ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Heard we're after Stevie May on loan.  Would imagine we'd have a bit of competition if it is indeed true. 

Youd probably be surprised at the lack of top flight teams who'd be interested, tbf. I'm not even convinced we'd have too serious a try at getting him. His injuries have ruined him.

His wages are over £5k a week though, which will be a stumbling block for anyone trying to get him, even on loan youd imagine.

Youd probably be surprised at the lack of top flight teams who'd be interested, tbf. I'm not even convinced we'd have too serious a try at getting him. His injuries have ruined him.
His wages are over £5k a week though, which will be a stumbling block for anyone trying to get him, even on loan youd imagine.

Over 5k a week at Aberdeen? Surely not

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'd still be a standout in this division, every single team is fucking pants.  Think he'll end up at Hamilton or some shite anyway.

He just wasn’t as good as he was cracked up to be in the first place.

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Over 5k a week at Aberdeen? Surely not

He was on over £10k a week down South.

Aberdeen pay absolutely obscene wages.

3 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

He'd still be a standout in this division, every single team is fucking pants.  Think he'll end up at Hamilton or some shite anyway.

I think he'd play well, but any instinct in front of goal has vanished. He was never actually that great, but just pure confidence had him taking chances, in terms of taking players on and hitting shots, that paid off. From what I've seen hes got zero confidence in himself now.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How do you know how much he's on?

I think he'd play well, but any instinct in front of goal has vanished. He was never actually that great, but just pure confidence had him taking chances, in terms of taking players on and hitting shots, that paid off. From what I've seen hes got zero confidence in himself now.

5k a week is nearly more than double their average salary which is around £130k a year. Seems way off. Where'd you hear that?