All things Dundee FC

Doug Cowie is our record appearance holder with 446 appearances. Barry Smith is second with 368 league appearances. Cammy Kerr is currently at 111 (According to Wiki). He has a decent outside chance of claiming that.

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Doug Cowie is our record appearance holder with 446 appearances.

I looked it up on Wiki - they have him at 341. I'm not doubting you for a minute but how is Wiki so far out? Also, amazing he wasn't a one club player. 

Edited by Dele

8 hours ago, Dele said:

I looked it up on Wiki - they have him at 341. I'm not doubting you for a minute but how is Wiki so far out? Also, amazing he wasn't a one club player. 

Wiki’s ‘Senior Career’ summary box on the right only includes league appearances and goals.

10 hours ago, Dele said:

Had to source it from the Dundee site as I knew wiki was wrong for him. I have Barry Smith as making 400 appearances as well, but went with wikipedia as I couldn't remember exactly.

Therefore I'd imagine Kerr is closer to 150 overall appearances.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

James McPake is our 5th non-Scottish appointment. Can you name the other 4?

Bit of a stretch to call McPake non-Scottish, he was born and raised in Scotland and got 1 cap for Northern Ireland through a grandparent.  Anyway Bonetti and Kernaghan are the only other two that spring to mind (without Googling).

Edited by EpicMike

20 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Coco the clown?

He's Dundonian. More interestingly, his full name is David Bowman Smith. 

21 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Bit of a stretch to call McPake non-Scottish, he was born and raised in Scotland and got 1 cap for Northern Ireland through a grandparent.  Anyway Bonetti and Kernaghan are the only other two that spring to mind (without Googling).

Bonetti and Kernaghan are 2.

17 minutes ago, Dele said:

Simon Stainrod. 

Yup.

Finally one would likely require most to use Google, but it's Billy McCanndless.

Edited by Ludo*1

Someone on Twitter saying we are looking at Yves Ma Kalambay.

ETA: Probably talking nonsense as it appears to be deleted now.

Edited by Ludo*1

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Someone on Twitter saying we are looking at Yves Ma Kalambay.

Because he's played with McPake (I think) and is a free agent is the only reason anyone has mentioned him.  

Jazzer can't go signing old mates like McIntyre.  

3 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

Because he's played with McPake (I think) and is a free agent is the only reason anyone has mentioned him.  

Jazzer can't go signing old mates like McIntyre.  

Just checked - McPake joined Hibs in 2012 whereas Ma Kalambay left in 2010. I know he was known as a bit of a bombscare at Hibs and he appears to have been a permanent understudy since leaving them having made 10 appearances in almost as many years. That said... he's bound to be an upgrade on Hamilton.

Just checked - McPake joined Hibs in 2012 whereas Ma Kalambay left in 2010. I know he was known as a bit of a bombscare at Hibs and he appears to have been a permanent understudy since leaving them having made 10 appearances in almost as many years. That said... he's bound to be an upgrade on Hamilton.
As long as shots are in the top corner he should be fine. Just can't deal with stuff right at him.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are we planning on signing players this summer?

Good afternoon

Nope, it would appear not I'm afraid.

I for one am back in training just in case of the worst. Have been jogging to the drinks cabinet and back.

Kinda hoped the legs (spindles) would blind the goalkeeper with the glare.

All joking apart, if we're saying the same next weekend, that would be concerning!!!

Best regards 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are we planning on signing players this summer?

Transfer window opens on Tuesday, officially, and I think a lot of clubs are holding off announcing deals until it's all signed/sealed/delivered.

We've already had Airdrie and Ziggy Gordon announce things then have them proven wrong this Summer.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Probably difficult at the moment, with most of these posers out of the country, swanning around nightclubs/beaches etc.

Thank you.

Good evening

Rightly or wrongly, I fear the boat has sailed on the days when men with the calibre of Brian Clough  would have reigning European Champions walking from the train station to the away stadium.  Last Decembers performances and attitude of Glen Kamara spring to mind I'm afraid and I see he's already making noises regarding a move to the English Premiership.

James McPake really has to choose wisely. Judge the character of the man just as closely as the ability.

Earlier postings had me also checking previous managers' records and figures on wikipedia.

Not so Secret Agent McIntyre's win ratio was 9.68%. There really is no answer to that!!!!

Best regards 

Edited by This Charming Man

57 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Good evening

Rightly or wrongly, I fear the boat has sailed on the days when men with the calibre of Brian Clough  would have reigning European Champions walking from the train station to the away stadium.  Last Decembers performances and attitude of Glen Kamara spring to mind I'm afraid and I see he's already making noises regarding a move to the English Premiership.

James McPake really has to choose wisely. Judge the character of the man just as closely as the ability.

Earlier postings had me also checking previous managers' records and figures on wikipedia.

Not so Secret Agent McIntyre's win ratio was 9.68%. There really is no answer to that!!!!

Best regards 

FFS. If you don't laugh at that you'll cry, so I'm going to laugh: :lol:

Spoiler

:bairn

1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

FFS. If you don't laugh at that you'll cry, so I'm going to laugh: :lol:

Hide contents

:bairn

I finally worked it out (Because I'm a boring b*****d):

Jim McIntyre - 9.68%
Alan Kernaghan - 24.32%
Dave Smith - 25.93%
Simon Stainrod - 26.47%
Jim Duffy (02-05) - 30.22%

That's our 5 statistically worst manager since Willie Wallace led us in 1899.

Our 5 best:

Tommy Gemmell - 51.11%
Bob Shankly - 50.59%
George Anderson - 49.24%.
Jocky Scott - 48.44% (08-10) (Highlights the ridiculous decision of punting in 2010 IMO)
John McCormack - 46.81%