All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Strachan's footballing insight into his failure with Scotland was "the players are too small"...

Good luck with his transfer targets...

That comment was taken entirely out of context, and has continued to be used out of context ever since.

The man has a pethora of experience playing football at a high level, has also been a relatively successful manager since the 1990's. If he's not qualified to act as a football-minded bridge between our owners/executives and the coaching staff, then I'm left wondering who on earth would be, especially so given Dundee's relatively minuscule stature in the wider footballing world.

Very, very angry man/woman. Not declaring their team means they’ll be a dab.
My dab mates have gone into hiding since last Sunday. I’m going to rejoice in slaughtering them once they come out of hibernation like Robbie Neilson celebrates going to extra time and penalties. [emoji4]

Fanny

Tune has changed a bit over the last few hours, now that the backroom for McPake has been announced. Clear backing by folks with great experience at high levels, a clean slate to work with and is evidently very popular in the locker room... if ever there was a situation for a new manager to cut his teeth on a true challenge, this will be it. Still can't pretend I don't have reservations, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Jazza has planned and it could end up paying off very well, so I'm up for the journey.

Well, I'm happy with McPake. Just one game but our final game of the season was possibly our best - not that's saying much. With a half decent keeper we could have won with 9 men. The football was good to watch with good attacking intent with players already playing with more confidence by not being restricted in what they were allowed to do. Could do with more goals through-out the team but a good stall set out. Yes it's a risk, all management appointments are, just glad it isn't a super experienced McIntyre MkII 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Get on at me all you like, but don't you dare stick on a gif of the most embarrassingly shit performance in a football movie ever.

^^ Has never seen any of the 'Goal' films.