All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

Heard he got a better offer from a Turkish (delight )side, the smarties that are the Dundee board put him off saying the job was no picnic

back to being paid Buttons at alloa for jim .

28482014786_cf493b8d3d_b.jpg

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Heard he got a better offer from a Turkish (delight )side, the smarties that are the Dundee board put him off saying the job was no picnic

back to being paid Buttons at alloa for jim .

If you feel the need to put the attempted puns in bold then you yourself know they’re shite. 

6 hours ago, NEFarab said:

Another absolute minter from the Dee.

You've out spent half the top flight and failed on two occasions each season to play your way out of the Championship, all the while your fans (like you, from outside Dundee) wept like 4 year olds on national television. 

Just remember who put you there next time your mummies drying your eyes, honey. x

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Far rather have McPake appointed working with Strachan than Goodwin on his own. 

Lack of any footballing oversight is why the club is in such a state in the first place.

Strachan's footballing insight into his failure with Scotland was "the players are too small"...

Good luck with his transfer targets...

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Strachan's footballing insight into his failure with Scotland was "the players are too small"...

Sounds like we won't be signing any short arse lightweights then. Sounds good to me. 

End of the day, if it was between having McPake and Strachan or Goodwin by himself then we’ve 100% made the right decision. McPake wasn’t my first choice, neither was Goodwin but I’d give them my full support who ever is in charge.

1 minute ago, Moo said:

End of the day, if it was between having McPake and Strachan or Goodwin by himself then we’ve 100% made the right decision. McPake wasn’t my first choice, neither was Goodwin but I’d give them my full support who ever is in charge.

I think it could come down to whether WGS is in it for the medium-long term. Sounds similar to our situation pre-Gus joining as DoF. If football oversight is what you need, then it needs to be in place regardless of who the manager is.

Presumably Jimmy Nicholl (if the rumours are true) would be doing the hand-holding while Strachan would be more strategic.

It definitely makes sense to me. 

Looks like McPake as 1st team coach. Strachan to oversee youth development and an experienced assistant coach. Jimmy Nicholl was mentioned in the Scotsman.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Admittedly he didn't cover himself with glory in that quote, however his record of getting decent performances from average players was good.

Arguably our biggest error was hounding him out and bringing the ginger Judas in as national manager.

I suspect Strachan would be good in the DoF role, but question if he can devote the required time to it.

Edited by Green Day

Just now, Green Day said:

Arguably our biggest error was hounding him out and bringing the ginger Judas in as national manager.

There was no error in sacking Strachan, he'd failed multiple times. The error was hiring McLeish, purely because he was cheap and available.

I’m just putting it out there but sacked in January would be my forecast. I will as always back the manager with illogical, blinkered loyalty but this is an extremely high risk appointment. Goodwin at least had cut his teeth and shown potential.