All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's got a very good job with Cadbury and would need a good offer to go back to full-time football.

I'm unsure if you're trolling me here :lol:

Could be a range of things:

Strachan put a stop to the Goodwin appointment.

Goodwin didn't want Strachan.

Goodwin had a change of mind.

McPake's ideology matched Strachan's more after the board spoke to Strachan.

Nelms had a change of mind.

We were never at any point about to appoint Goodwin and the papers just ran with it since we spoke to him.

Goodwin thinks something else is coming up (St Mirren).

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

McPake =  yes man  ? .

McPake has never struck me as a yes man. I do think he'd appreciate working with a guy of Strachan's stature though. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Could be a range of things:

Strachan put a stop to the Goodwin appointment.

Goodwin didn't want Strachan.

Goodwin had a change of mind.

McPake's ideology matched Strachan's more after the board spoke to Strachan.

Nelms had a change of mind.

We were never at any point about to appoint Goodwin and the papers just ran with it since we spoke to him.

Goodwin thinks something else is coming up (St Mirren).

Was it not yesterday you started talking, officially, to Strachan according to the papers? 

They also ran a story Goodwin had told Nelms his transfer targets.

Could add those up and maybe get a solid rumour.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Was it not yesterday you started talking, officially, to Strachan according to the papers? 

They also ran a story Goodwin had told Nelms his transfer targets.

Could add those up and maybe get a solid rumour.

Nelms could easily have told Strachan his top 3 or 4 candidates proposals to take us forward and asked for Strachan's input.

It's not a rumour, cause I'm just throwing it out there, but that's not exactly inconceivable and it's not poor leadership either if the board are desperate to get Strachan to overhaul the club.

This is so fucking depressing.

Good luck to McPake, nothing but respect for the guy but I felt we really needed an experienced, steady figure to galvanise the club and set us on the right direction.

Hopefully this is where Strachan steps in...

Okay, so although the rich experience that Strachan could bring at the helm in a part-time DOF role would for sure benefit the club; are other folk not worried about his use of the excuse of the “genetic makeup” for the failings of his Scottish squad ? Just seems he could be a little more out of touch with the Scottish game itself and could veer us in a direction that could go awry and we would have to endure laughable excuses like that.

But again on paper, with his contacts and experience within the elite levels of club football could almost surely help McPake.

Apparently Goodwin has a good job with a confectionery company.

A wee bit disappointed tbh. The whole ‘the DABs fucking hate him’ thing was very stimulating. However we need to remember they fucking hate McPake as well, so that’s a bonus.

Hopefully Strachan and Jimmy Nicol turn up too.

15 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I do know Goodwin is on a big wage with Cadbury 

Good evening

Could very well be at this very late stage of negotiations Jim Goodwin's been approached regarding the Kilmarnock vacancy???

What will be, will be.  

However it comes back again to this apparent inundated with applicants nonsense.

Best regards

James McPake :lol: what a dreadful appointment. This is a guy who only a couple of weeks ago said he “wasn’t sure if was ready to be a manager.” That surely should send alarm bells ringing. Why on earth does this Nelms chap think he’d be a good choice to get Dundee back in the Premiership? What a fanny!