All things Dundee FC

22 minutes ago, Dariusz said:

Is this official? Screenshot_20190528-191840_Facebook.jpg

I reckon that's just last season's top in a weird light. You could buy it from the club shop minus the sponsor so maybe someone's bought it and stuck that logo on it, whatever it is. 

When evaluating Goodwin's achievements as a young part-time manager, he's played a blinder so far. Kept them up in a league of full-time teams and continued in the aftermath of Alloa's great recent record of hiring managers (Paul Hartley pre-collapse and Jack Ross). With the right staff behind him (WGS in an advisory role would be magic too) and the budget to easily scout for quality players, he could become a fantastic manager. I'm all ready for a bit of positivity and will be supporting him fully.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 minutes ago, Dariusz said:

Facebook Screenshot_20190528-194051_Facebook.jpg

From what I could muster looking at their Facebook page, just looks like a Dundee-based clothing brand trying to drum up something to get eyes on the page. The Dundee shirt is the exact same to this season's shirt, just with the company's logo replacing McEwan Fraser. Same with United it seems. 

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Goodwin's achievements as a young part-time manager, he's played a blinder so far. Kept them up in a league of full-time teams and continued in the aftermath of Alloa's great recent record of hiring managers (Paul Hartley pre-collapse and Jack Ross). With the right staff behind him (WGS in an advisory role would be magic too) and the budget to easily scout for quality players, he could become a fantastic manager. I'm all ready for a bit of positivity and will be supporting him fully.

This appointment leaves me a bit worried if it happens simply because I was hoping for an experienced manager who’d been known in the past to be able to build competent sides. Never saw any of his sides so don’t know what sort of style we’ll play. Is it attack minded, defensive, what’s his preferred formation, is it only 1 up front, will he let youth players get a chance in the 1st team, what sort of contacts in the game does he have?

Maybe harsh but someone like McCall would’ve been a safe pair of hands and someone who could attract players. Right behind him from the off tho and hope he’s a massive success. Smashed a couple of dabs by all accounts during his playing days so alls good!

I don't really understand the outrage at players having release clauses in contracts either. If I'm capable of playing Premier League football, there's no way I'm signing a deal to play for a club who flirted with relegation the previous two seasons without one.

The clauses, the people agreeing to them, and the players who insist on them aren't the problem. Garbage management by idiots who should never have been in the job, and the resultant relegation activating the clauses is the issue. In short, don't get relegated and you don't lose your best player for peanuts.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Dundee Utd fucking HATE Jim Goodwin. so it's quite fitting he's rocking up over the road with his lovely cheeky big smile!

Top guy, good young manager, totally wonderful b*****dry as a player. What's not to love?

The only downside is that Albert Mongoose will be unshakeable from your threads next season, such is his mouth-frothing hatred for oor Jim.

PS - Can we have Nathan Ralph?

I don't really understand the outrage at players having release clauses in contracts either. If I'm capable of playing Premier League football, there's no way I'm signing a deal to play for a club who flirted with relegation the previous two seasons without one.
The clauses, the people agreeing to them, and the players who insist on them aren't the problem. Garbage management by idiots who should never have been in the job, and the resultant relegation activating the clauses is the issue. In short, don't get relegated and you don't lose your best player for peanuts.

Agree with this [emoji106]

30 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He really wound those fuckers up, for some reason :lol:

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Dundee Utd fucking HATE Jim Goodwin. so it's quite fitting he's rocking up over the road with his lovely cheeky big smile!

Top guy, good young manager, totally wonderful b*****dry as a player. What's not to love?

The only downside is that Albert Mongoose will be unshakeable from your threads next season, such is his mouth-frothing hatred for oor Jim.

I'm sold. 

Get him in. 

When evaluating Goodwin's achievements as a young part-time manager, he's played a blinder so far. Kept them up in a league of full-time teams and continued in the aftermath of Alloa's great recent record of hiring managers (Paul Hartley pre-collapse and Jack Ross). With the right staff behind him (WGS in an advisory role would be magic too) and the budget to easily scout for quality players, he could become a fantastic manager. I'm all ready for a bit of positivity and will be supporting him fully.

We should ask Alloa who they will appoint as Godwin’s successor and cut out the middle man!

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

If he was appointed, would be happy with Goodwin.

Thank you.

Image result for goodwin elbows utd player

Good evening

With respect and homage to Biggies loyal long service and superbly enjoyable posting this evening it would appear the probable future management team DO enjoy the finer things in life!!!

Best regards5ced93afc3059_FloodlightDelight.jpg.015d9fa5b32c8c64ec7b0235dc458da7.jpg

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

If he was appointed, would be happy with Goodwin.

Thank you.

Image result for goodwin elbows utd player

Biggie you strike me as a guy who likes to be quite controversial, I think there was a particularly nasty incident between Jim and a dab player called Craig Severin which might be why the dabs dislike him.  Think he was ex Hearts. 

Edited by Yenitit