All things Dundee FC

25 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Nathan who?

Bought my season ticket today and I’d somehow convinced myself I was going to find WGS and Charlie Adam picking up their DFC duvet covers in the shop when I got there. Sadly I was disappointed. Not sure how the draw works for the LC - does the seeded team not get the shiteiest opponents at home? If not I really fancy the trip to Cove.

I think you'll get Raith and Cove away if they were the 3rd and 5th teams drawn.  

23 minutes ago, srw said:

I thought he was very over rated, Holt was better than him IMO.

Fairdo’s. I thought Jon was better at reading the game, blocking crosses and more composed, basically an all around better defender. Each to their own tho. 

Good luck to Ralph, I don’t think we can grudge him a move, he gave his all for us and has to look out what’s best for him and his family. 

Im with those who are excited for next season, that usual false optimism that’s crushed by seeing someone like Moussa leading the line on the first day of the season. 

As shite as it is being in the championship, if we get the managerial/player recruitment right (and it’s a big if as always with us) then we could be at least competitive. Would love to see a title race with United, that’s got to be better than barely surviving for seasons on end, getting pumped at least once every 2 weeks then ultimately getting relegated. 

Whether we are in that position by the start of the season, only time will tell. But Il remain eternally hopeful.....

thank you. 

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

We've never had so many sellable assets as we have had in recent years and we've somehow contrived to get about 36 pence in total for the lot of them, bar Hendry. We could have seen a decent return on Bain, Caulker, Kamara and now Ralph but it looks like he's going for buttons at most. 

How much did you get in total for Bain, Caulker, Kamara, Stewart and Hemmings?

Bit mental if you got more for Hendry than all them combined. 

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

Investing in potential is great but it should be to improve your football side first and foremost IMO. If you look at St Johnstone, they actually spend a long time investing in potential but a lot of it isn't seen because it's masked by boring late 20s unfashionable players.

3 regulars through our own youth system, 2 Perth born players also now regulars, and an average squad age (according to the manager, I've not checked) of just under 25. Next season we're on course to have 9 players aged 24 or under in the squad.

Only three players over 30 (Craig (32), Davidson (31), Foster (33)) played more than 10 games last season.

We still get classed as a team full of ageing journeymen though...

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Looks like Keyes is prepared to bankroll this season - keeping the playing budget on par with last season.

My first priority would be a hard as nails midfielder - not unlike Mr Goodwin himself, a creative midfielder and two beasts at centre half.

Exciting news - and yet slightly terrifying. How long can they keep this up? Also better get some proper fucking scouting this off-season.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How much did you get in total for Bain, Caulker, Kamara, Stewart and Hemmings?

Bit mental if you got more for Hendry than all them combined. 

Allegedly Celtic paid a nominal fee to secure his services on loan then he was free to leave, nada for Caulker, a reported £50k for Kamara although I've seen £20k mentioned elsewhere and around £500k for Stewart and Hemmings I think. 

You fermers can have Ralph for £150k if you pay in cash by noon tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Allegedly Celtic paid a nominal fee to secure his services on loan then he was free to leave, nada for Caulker, a reported £50k for Kamara although I've seen £20k mentioned elsewhere and around £500k for Stewart and Hemmings I think. 

That's an incredibly bad record, considering the quality of those players.

We've already got a better left back signed up m8.

27 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Allegedly Celtic paid a nominal fee to secure his services on loan then he was free to leave, nada for Caulker, a reported £50k for Kamara although I've seen £20k mentioned elsewhere and around £500k for Stewart and Hemmings I think

According to the accounts from 2018 on the DFC website it was a bit more than that.

I'm guessing Stewart and Hemmings are the two players in question in the 2017 column, Hendry would be the 2018 entry after the cut to Wigan?

5ced7824870aa_ScreenShot2019-05-28at19_02_54.png.688e52144a359649fdf7e9e54d681241.png

Happy to be corrected and all that.

Edited by capt_oats

I really don't get this. He owes us nothing, if he come here and things didn't go for him, the club would be doing whatever they could to get him off the wage bill; think of the players we sacked when we went into administration. There's maybe a few players who have some sort of sentiment for various reasons but footballers are just doing a job like any other.
Agree. Utter nonsense. A player's career can be over with one mis-timed tackle. You have to take the cash when its offered.

Goodwin a done deal, then?
I love that man. Hope he wins you the title and also fucks Morten.

Looks like it mate.

I haven’t followed his progress at Alloa but he seems really highly rated. Potential to be an absolute diamond.

Thank you.