All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

You’d be better asking yer ma I’d say.....

I shit you not, my mother has literally zero interest in football,but when I sent her that pic to ask if she thought it looked like my old man she said...

Screenshot_20190522-221711_Messenger.thumb.jpg.e95ffa6d51d1a74e19835210dc7c02c6.jpg

:huh:

The last few seasons have been awful.

I for one am looking forward to the championship. 

Total horseshit year after year and if we appoint Mcpake or Miller it'll be time to have a sabbatical for me.

The decisions made and players played that have got us where we are were voiced by people like me from about 3 years ago.

That's the worst thing and the reason I'm losing the will to care as much. We're run like a joke and anyone with a brain couldve prevented this.

The Dabs will horse the Midden aswell.

Thank you.

I have no real issue with McPake being given the job provided we bring in Strachan or another appropriate hire in a DoF/Advisory capacity to oversee things. Miller is a weasel however and I don't want him having any managerial involvement at Dens at all.

We can't just appoint McPake only to find out in a year or so that he's not up to it, bin another entire squad, and spend another year mid-table in the Championship. There has to be some sort of oversight from a footballing perspective in terms of contingency and continuity, so at least there's an element of coherence in signings etc if push comes to shove and we need to replace the manager after all.

Similarly no problem with Goodwin or Adams provided that's under the same arrangement. I'm not a fan of Robertson as I think that would represent nothing more than a 'meh' appointment, a sideways step, and not what we really need right now. I think we're in a similar situation as to when Hartley was appointed, in that we need to put measures into place that ensure the ship is steadied right now, but also make an appointment that would hypothetically be someone who can take us up to the Premier, solidify our status there, and continue to build for the future. I don't see Robertson as that guy. I think he's more of a limited but steady pair of hands guy, you know what you're getting, but it's also obvious you're not getting anything beyond what you see either.

I have no real issue with McPake being given the job provided we bring in Strachan or another appropriate hire in a DoF/Advisory capacity to oversee things. Miller is a weasel however and I don't want him having any managerial involvement at Dens at all.
We can't just appoint McPake only to find out in a year or so that he's not up to it, bin another entire squad, and spend another year mid-table in the Championship. There has to be some sort of oversight from a footballing perspective in terms of contingency and continuity, so at least there's an element of coherence in signings etc if push comes to shove and we need to replace the manager after all.
Similarly no problem with Goodwin or Adams provided that's under the same arrangement. I'm not a fan of Robertson as I think that would represent nothing more than a 'meh' appointment, a sideways step, and not what we really need right now. I think we're in a similar situation as to when Hartley was appointed, in that we need to put measures into place that ensure the ship is steadied right now, but also make an appointment that would hypothetically be someone who can take us up to the Premier, solidify our status there, and continue to build for the future. I don't see Robertson as that guy. I think he's more of a limited but steady pair of hands guy, you know what you're getting, but it's also obvious you're not getting anything beyond what you see either.

Why would goodwin or adams need a dof like strachan? Fair enough McPake as its his first senior role. Strachan and McPake could be a good pairing no?

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Why would goodwin or adams need a dof like strachan? Fair enough McPake as its his first senior role. Strachan and McPake could be a good pairing no?

Because Adams has worked under a similar structure to great success before and Goodwin's only experience is of a part time club.

34 minutes ago, Aufc said:

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Because Adams has worked under a similar structure to great success before and Goodwin's only experience is of a part time club.

Pretty much what Ludo says, and it's not only about assisting the next manager, it's about ensuring some sort of coherence and continuity at the club beyond the next manager whoever that turns out to be and however long he lasts. It's something that DFC has been desperately lacking for god knows how long. The last time it should have been addressed was when we appointed Hartley, and the shambles of the last two appointments and the subsequent signing and binning of the entire playing squad window to window is largely because of that lack of oversight. We simply can't afford to risk that happening again and again simply because the appointment of one single employee doesn't work out. It's a daft way to run any business, including football clubs.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The last few seasons have been awful.

I for one am looking forward to the championship. 

Total horseshit year after year and if we appoint Mcpake or Miller it'll be time to have a sabbatical for me.

The decisions made and players played that have got us where we are were voiced by people like me from about 3 years ago.

That's the worst thing and the reason I'm losing the will to care as much. We're run like a joke and anyone with a brain couldve prevented this.

The Dabs will horse the Midden aswell.

Thank you.

3EFN.gif.859d6b37fb47d7cbc55efc50a5f55bdb.gif

"To be 100% clear, this approach from Dundee FC was entirely unsolicited..." Inverness Caledonian Thistle not happy with Dundee over move for John Robertson. https://t.co/1twWYxcr3T

This seems a bit bizarre even for us.

Either he applied for the job and is lying to ICT about it, we’ve asked to speak to a manager that didn’t apply despite going through an application process, or we’ve approached him to invite him to apply and ICT have had a major overreaction to it.

This seems a bit bizarre even for us.

Either he applied for the job and is lying to ICT about it, we’ve asked to speak to a manager that didn’t apply despite going through an application process, or we’ve approached him to invite him to apply and ICT have had a major overreaction to it.
Clearly option 2 and you have been called out as being c***s for it.

Just because there is an application process, doesn't mean there isn't also a bit of head hunting.

You basically did a Falkirk but without the knowledge that the manager you were illegally approaching was a snake and likely to welcome it.

If Robertson told us to bolt on Saturday night, I doubt we’d have followed up on Sunday.
Me thinks Johnny boy is a bit of a cocktease.
Statement from ICT clearly says he didn't respond to your approach on Sat

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:
11 minutes ago, rodallegabombs said:
If Robertson told us to bolt on Saturday night, I doubt we’d have followed up on Sunday.
Me thinks Johnny boy is a bit of a cocktease.

Statement from ICT clearly says he didn't respond to your approach on Sat

How, exactly, do you approach someone and they know you've approached them if they didn't respond to it? 

The club have sent John a WhatsApp message? 

Edit : I reckon John has applied. Why would this take until Wednesday to come out otherwise? 

Edited by Dele

How, exactly, do you approach someone and they know you've approached them if they didn't respond to it? 
The club have sent John a WhatsApp message? 
Edit : I reckon John has applied. Why would this take until Wednesday to come out otherwise? 
Not got voicemail in Dundee?