All things Dundee FC

Just now, Chewing Taffies said:

yeh he is defo going to sign for the Saintees when English Championship clubs are making enquiries :lol:

I'm shocked you thought I was being serious.

On 18/05/2019 at 17:45, Dee Man said:

Was Jack Hamilton born in Paisley or something? He fucking loves St Mirren. 

How come your average man in the stands knows exactly what type of player someone is, yet a football manager who is paid thousands of pounds a week to know that, doesn't? 

Hearts fans told us exactly what we were getting with Hamilton and that's what we got.

County and Partick fans told us what we were getting with Woods and they were spot on.

County fans and dabs told us what we were getting with the non-scoring headless chicken that is Craig Curran and it pains me to say they were right. 

It's almost as if Jim McIntyre didn't know what he was doing and f**k knows what McCann was smoking when he signed Hamilton. 

The first prerequisite for the managers job should be that they are avid readers of Pie & Bovril. 

It's the same everywhere.  IMO, non-footballers, the every man if you like, are more intelligent, observant and capable of objectivity and abstract thought.  Footballers and ex-footballers who become managers. are blinded by loyalty to certain individuals, and cannot and will not drop them/change formation and are generally fairly stupid.

I'd read a fan's opinion on a team or individual every day over a pro's.

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'd read a fan's opinion on a team or individual every day over a pro's.

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Steady now

While that may be a a step too far, anyone who has listened to the pundits/ ex pro's for a long time, would know that most are utterly clueless.

Listening to the likes of Boyd, Rae, Commons etc offer next to nothing of interest, equally there are some very good ex players are are excellent, but they are few and far between.

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Nelms with another shit research job.

Doesn't he realise that Robertson said that Dundee fans were the fans from hell?

Surely the fans won't hold that against him? :lol:

32 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Nelms with another shit research job.

Doesn't he realise that Robertson said that Dundee fans were the fans from hell?

I find it hard to blame Nelms here. John Robertson has applied for the job presumably, Nelms has then went to ICT and asked permission to speak to him. 

He can't be background researching everyone who puts a CV in. 

45 minutes ago, Dele said:

I find it hard to blame Nelms here. John Robertson has applied for the job presumably, Nelms has then went to ICT and asked permission to speak to him. 

He can't be background researching everyone who puts a CV in. 

No, but a simple conversation with one or two people that actually supports the club would be a start.

Edited by Shadow Play

7 hours ago, Ylf said:

has anyone heard the dabs and fermers want cammy kerr? few people on twitter saying they heard (rumours) emoji848.png

If I were Kerr I’d be looking to leave Dundee and head to Perth.  They’ve a better manager than anyone Nelms will bother to speak to and the club haven’t exactly made him feel wanted by letting his contact run down like they did.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:
8 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:
No, but a simple conversation with one or two people that actually supports the club would be a start.

What did he actually say? Where did he say it?

I was speaking more generally Harry.  Nelms claims he “spoke to loads of people” before appointing McIntyre.  Who were these people?  Presumably none of them were fans.  

Who did Nelms speak to that thought McIntyre and Dodds would be given a warm welcome and there would be no issues with Dodds being appointed?

I

13 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

If I were Kerr I’d be looking to leave Dundee and head to Perth.  They’ve a better manager than anyone Nelms will bother to speak to and the club haven’t exactly made him feel wanted by letting his contact run down like they did.

Don't think McIntyre rated Cammy. Need a new manager in to make that call but hopefully he stays put, certainly he's been free to sign a pre-contract since Jan so who knows 

2 minutes ago, DieDee said:

Don't think McIntyre rated Cammy. Need a new manager in to make that call but hopefully he stays put, certainly he's been free to sign a pre-contract since Jan so who knows 

McIntyre rated Woods and Curran extremely highly. If McIntyre didn’t rate Cammy, Cammy should take that as a compliment.

Cammy would be better going somewhere he'd get a game rather than Perth. Sitting in the reserves won't do him much good. 

Nelms said he spoke to loads of people before he appointed McIntyre? That's good. He's openly said these are just preliminary interviews, so there's still loads of time for looking at his history. 

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Is he that bad he wouldn't pressure Richard Foster for a game? If so then keep the c**t.

If you're looking for a right back who will rarely lift his head to pick a pass and almost always over hit his crosses, he's yer man. 

31 minutes ago, Dele said:

Cammy would be better going somewhere he'd get a game rather than Perth. Sitting in the reserves won't do him much good. 

Nelms said he spoke to loads of people before he appointed McIntyre? That's good. He's openly said these are just preliminary interviews, so there's still loads of time for looking at his history. 

Who did he speak to?  One minute with one Dundee fan would have highlighted the Dodds situation.  If Nelms did speak to any Dundee minded person did he just choose to ignore them?

Edited by Shadow Play