All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, but what about rumours...

Who turned up? I know for example, Dieng was back in London about 6ish hours after the FT whistle yesterday.

Offer is still on the table to Scott Fox apparently. I think we've maybe been pursuing him under McIntyre.

5 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Offer is still on the table to Scott Fox apparently. I think we've maybe been pursuing him under McIntyre.

This is the first thing that sprang to mind:

18 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Jack Hamilton maybe isn't so bad...

A surprisingly good turnout at Player of the Year last night. While the DSA were saying beforehand it was close to a sell-out, I was concerned that meant clubs had bought tickets from the DSA but with no indication of whether or not they'd managed to sell those tickets on to their members.

Obviously the mood wasn't as high as previous years but there was a certain air of defiance and dare I say it muted optimism.

There were some notable changes, though: the players weren't announced in and the winners of the individual club awards were announced by Charlie Duthie rather than the clubs themselves. I guess they didn't want to risk handing an open mic to people who had already had a few by the time the presentations came around.

Darren O'Dea made a speech thanking everyone for his time at the club. He addressed his sending-off head on by making a joke about talking for longer than he was on the pitch on Saturday. 

McPake spoke a bit before presenting the Andrew De Vries trophy. His comment about having an eye for under 18s got arguably the best laugh of the night. Obviously non-committal about the manager position but reaffirmed what we knew, about him wanting to be a manager at some point etc.

A couple of good laughs from the legends Q&A: Brian Irvine, Ian Ferguson and Matt Lockwood were all asked about their time at Dens. Keith Wright also got a few words in when he presented the goal of the season (his namesake Scott's free-kick against Livi). 

There didn't seem to be too many players there, with Wright being the only loan player - probably because he was getting the goal of the season (no vote this year - clubs were just asked to nominate in advance).  Off the top of my head: Paul McGowan, Cammy, Meekings (remember him - seemingly still club captain), O'Dea, Ralph, some of the young lads, Miller. There were more but because they weren't announced we didn't really notice them coming in until they'd basically reached their table.

Ralph nearly had a clean-sweep of awards, with only one club dissenting (they gave it to O'Dea instead). Ralph was also the players' player of the year, and Callum Moore got young player.

Alan Rough was a late stand-in for Tam McManus as the guest speaker. He was fine; a few good laughs, although you tend to find it's the usual formula with ex-players: some obviously exaggerated (if not made-up) stories about their playing career, with some standup-style jokes thrown in.

1 hour ago, The Master said:

A surprisingly good turnout at Player of the Year last night. While the DSA were saying beforehand it was close to a sell-out, I was concerned that meant clubs had bought tickets from the DSA but with no indication of whether or not they'd managed to sell those tickets on to their members.

Obviously the mood wasn't as high as previous years but there was a certain air of defiance and dare I say it muted optimism.

There were some notable changes, though: the players weren't announced in and the winners of the individual club awards were announced by Charlie Duthie rather than the clubs themselves. I guess they didn't want to risk handing an open mic to people who had already had a few by the time the presentations came around.

Darren O'Dea made a speech thanking everyone for his time at the club. He addressed his sending-off head on by making a joke about talking for longer than he was on the pitch on Saturday. 

McPake spoke a bit before presenting the Andrew De Vries trophy. His comment about having an eye for under 18s got arguably the best laugh of the night. Obviously non-committal about the manager position but reaffirmed what we knew, about him wanting to be a manager at some point etc.

A couple of good laughs from the legends Q&A: Brian Irvine, Ian Ferguson and Matt Lockwood were all asked about their time at Dens. Keith Wright also got a few words in when he presented the goal of the season (his namesake Scott's free-kick against Livi). 

There didn't seem to be too many players there, with Wright being the only loan player - probably because he was getting the goal of the season (no vote this year - clubs were just asked to nominate in advance).  Off the top of my head: Paul McGowan, Cammy, Meekings (remember him - seemingly still club captain), O'Dea, Ralph, some of the young lads, Miller. There were more but because they weren't announced we didn't really notice them coming in until they'd basically reached their table.

Ralph nearly had a clean-sweep of awards, with only one club dissenting (they gave it to O'Dea instead). Ralph was also the players' player of the year, and Callum Moore got young player.

Alan Rough was a late stand-in for Tam McManus as the guest speaker. He was fine; a few good laughs, although you tend to find it's the usual formula with ex-players: some obviously exaggerated (if not made-up) stories about their playing career, with some standup-style jokes thrown in.

Apologies for the pedantry but it's Iain Ferguson.

I had almost forgot about Meekings until I saw him trying to sell a tenner bag of Herbalife to his fellow subs on the bench on Saturday. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4262334/dundee-scottish-football-jim-duffy/
Can't say I enjoy the title of the article, but I feel Jim Duffy has a valid point. What I wouldn't give for the consistency of Motherwell/St Johnstone.

Decent enough article but did st Johnstone not come up and finish 3rd under McInnes?

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Decent enough article but did st Johnstone not come up and finish 3rd under McInnes?

Finished third under Lomas. Highest McInnes managed with Saints was 8th, although he left midway through the Sandaza season.

He's not right at all. The only manager in that time period who can feel aggrieved at being sacked was Jocky after we finished 5th with him. He says "need to be realistic" then goes on to say when we were in the Championship finishing second was failure. So he's totally contradicted himself there considering most of the time frame he's looking at, was spent there.

Hes getting quite a bit of paper columns off of repeating the same shite over and over again. He can't complain about social media having a bigger say when he's only garnering attention because he is a failed manager here. You can add that Paddy Barclay into this. Less is more. 

54 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4262334/dundee-scottish-football-jim-duffy/

Can't say I enjoy the title of the article, but I feel Jim Duffy has a valid point. What I wouldn't give for the consistency of Motherwell/St Johnstone.

Pish.

This was our 5th season in the Premiership, all we wanted was to be safe, no one was speaking about challenging for Europe, top 6 etc, our goal was a pretty simple. Unfortunately, two abject failures of managers have cost us.

Football people are pretty fvcking moronic, in no other job would getting sacked after 8 months of failure be seen as a shock. If you walked into a job tomorrow and were not up to it, youd be bulleted within the month, your arse wouldnt hit the door, let alone have time to collect a massive payoff.

Edited by srw

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Neil McCann and Billy Dodds keep saying on SportSound that you lot have unrealistic expectations.

As funny as it is I don’t think it’s unrealistic for any team to expect more than 5 league wins in a season. 

We are left with..

Jack Hamilton
Calum Ferrie

Cammy Kerr
Nathan Ralph
Andrew Davies
Josh Meekings
Kerr Waddell

Paul McGowan
Jesse Curran
Callum Moore
Josh Todd