All things Dundee FC

“We've changed our philosophy since bringing Jim in. We wanted 300 games at a certain level, we wanted a certain win percentage, then we talked to loads of people. Everyone thought Jim was the right person but he couldn't get it done”.

Nelms changed the philosophy after binning McCann and now he has changed the philosophy after binning McIntyre.  Is there any point in tying yourself down to a philosophy?  Keep your options open in the first place.  Pretty basic stuff.

Also who are the “loads of people” Nelms spoke to about McIntyre.  If he was asking anyone with even a very basic knowledge of the club he would have been advised in no uncertain terms that McIntyre’s appointment was less than inspiring.  More importantly he would have been left in no doubt that the appointment of Dodds would not be acceptable to the vast majority of the fans.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

“We've changed our philosophy since bringing Jim in. We wanted 300 games at a certain level, we wanted a certain win percentage, then we talked to loads of people. Everyone thought Jim was the right person but he couldn't get it done”.

Nelms changed the philosophy after binning McCann and now he has changed the philosophy after binning McIntyre.  Is there any point in tying yourself down to a philosophy?  Keep your options open in the first place.  Pretty basic stuff.

Also who are the “loads of people” Nelms spoke to about McIntyre.  If he was asking anyone with even a very basic knowledge of the club he would have been advised in no uncertain terms that McIntyre’s appointment was less than inspiring.  More importantly he would have been left in no doubt that the appointment of Dodds would not be acceptable to the vast majority of the fans.

image.jpeg.57b5450a714976d7c4975e1d91ae3fd4.jpegimage.jpeg.934284c939a7a873e258cdbeae436e4e.jpegimage.jpeg.773bf80dac60337c8018ba47f3f9955f.jpeg

On 5/13/2019 at 21:17, Dark Blue Dick said:

Hi Jupe,

I'm not claiming that Dodds would have made a difference. I'm not claiming that at all. 

What are the facts? The fact is that JM wanted dodds as assistant. The fact is that the board evaluated JM record based on his working with Dodds. The fact is that by blocking Dodds, we made our new managers difficult job even harder. And that's my complaint - that we made his job harder. 

You say that there's no evidence that Dodds would have made a difference. Well, compare JMs record with Dodds, and without. Now that still doesn't prove that Dodds would have made a difference, but it is certainly a data point. 

This season was a disaster. And it's been coming. Root cause for me is the failure to appoint a competent manager. I think we got unlucky with Hartley, but McCann and then McIntyre were abysmal.  My complaint is that regardless of what we thought of McIntyre, we fans made his job harder - when we should have done everything we could to support our team in its hour of need. 

You are a bore. It doesn't matter what the argument you are perputating is, morally why would you want someone back who wanted you gone. It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face, now will you please stop boring us on this issue? 

You are a bore. It doesn't matter what the argument you are perputating is, morally why would you want someone back who wanted you gone. It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face, now will you please stop boring us on this issue? 
Quite. My complaint is the when the club is deep in the shit, then perhaps "cutting off your nose to spite your face" maybe isn't the best policy.
But I'm sorry that my posts bore you. You know what bores me? Being in the f**king championship next year.

38 minutes ago, Dark Blue Dick said:

Quite. My complaint is the when the club is deep in the shit, then perhaps "cutting off your nose to spite your face" maybe isn't the best policy.
But I'm sorry that my posts bore you. You know what bores me? Being in the f**king championship next year.

Jim, we know that you're hurting right now. As you were hurting when we wouldn't let your playpal and jug eared rat Doddsy come along for the ride. Can you please stop spamming the Dundee forum now, thanks.

42 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Here's the full Nelms interview (per Walking Down the Provie Road Podcast's tweet):

Cracking interview from Nelms.

Only thing that bothered me was that he seemed to be getting interviewed by Charlie Adam's agent.

12 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

For all the folk greetin about our £20 gate price, just had a look at Dundee's prices next season. 

GATE PRICES FOR 2019/20

Adult – Premium £30, Cat A £26, Cat B £24

Students/O65’s/Disabled – Premium £22, Cat A £19, Cat B £16

U18’s – Premium £15, Cat A £12, Cat B £10

U12’s – Premium £8, Cat A £5, Cat B £2

£30 for a visit to Dens? Probably better off in hospitality. Thank you.

Those prices are absolutely ridiculous. Based on that it would be £90 for my wife and I to attend with our boys for, presumably, a Dundee derby. £1 per minute of championship football watching the likes of Josh Todd and Craig Curran. I simply can’t afford nor justify that and I’ve long been dreaming about the day I get to take my sons to Dens for the first time. Total piss take. There should be a cap on gate prices to make it affordable for everyone or we will just watch the attendances dwindle to f**k all as younger generations lose interest in local clubs. Who can blame them. When did football become an elitist sport?

Just now, K.T said:

Those prices are absolutely ridiculous. Based on that it would be £90 for my wife and I to attend with our boys for, presumably, a Dundee derby. £1 per minute of championship football watching the likes of Josh Todd and Craig Curran. I simply can’t afford not justify that and I’ve long been dreaming about the day I get to take my sons to Dens for the first time. Total piss take. There should be a cap on gate prices to make it affordable for everyone or we will just watch the attendances dwindle to f**k all as younger generations lose interest in local clubs. Who can blame them. When did football become an elitist sport?

My biggest gripe is I would’ve like to have seen a lower price for people aged 18-21. They’d be the ones who would tend to create the atmosphere instead of the auld brigade who think they’re rocking up to Dens to watch people with the abilities of Cox, Ure, Gilzean etc!

Jim, we know that you're hurting right now. As you were hurting when we wouldn't let your playpal and jug eared rat Doddsy come along for the ride. Can you please stop spamming the Dundee forum now, thanks.
I've made my point, and I can see there is no visible agreement with my opinion on this forum. So I see no merit in continuing the discussion.
But if you persist in quoting my posts, don't be shocked if I reply .........
DBD

Neil McCann must have taken his pills before they played the Nelms interview last night as he was reasonable about it all.

Even when asked some "difficult " questions on the Toxic comments.

I guess he was pre warned this time and I do wonder if he has a switch at times.

30 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The 'Kevin Nisbet to Dundee' rumour only perpetuated by me is alive and well.

Also I guess Josh Todd is in this game.

Question is why? Unless McPake has ambitions to be kept on permanently, or just wants to watch a game of football, there's no real reason for them to be there.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Question is why? Unless McPake has ambitions to be kept on permanently, or just wants to watch a game of football, there's no real reason for them to be there.

I can only imagine they'd get a look at the one incoming player they know of for next season.

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why not?

I imagine they have been told to put together some kind of foundation plan for the incoming gaffer or at least information on opposition.

The last person we had that took notes at games was Hartley. McPake used to go to matches with him so maybe something he picked up from Paul.

Point I'm trying to make is it doesn't hurt. It certainly won't damage us in any way and might be of some use some how. I wouldn't be opposed to McPake being a number two to someone more experienced.

13 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

10 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Pipe doon Jagfox, thistle will be Category B - £24. 

Cheeky bastirts always in hospo at Dens!