All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Without trying to indulge in a game of criminal top trumps, he has been convicted of a similar crime twice (or three?) times.  I was merely pointing out that you should be at least consistent if you want to go down the moralistic route. 

What he did was unacceptable, but simply incomparable with the names that I mentioned. 

Getting in a fight, or rape and paedophilic grooming are quite a distance apart. 

57 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I don't condone what McGowan has done in the same way a lot of United fans don't condone what Goodwillie did. One is a middle aged thug and the other is a rapist. 

Let's not play top trumps c**t edition and look forward to the inevitable tangerine disaster in the play offs and derbies next year.

Now it's time for me to leap to his defence.

As someone who is three years older than Paul McGowan....he's definitely not middle aged :angry:

Still think there’s something odd about Darren O’Dea retiring at 32 last week when he could easily have continued playing for another couple of years. Got a feeling his name could be well in the mix.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

Still think there’s something odd about Darren O’Dea retiring at 32 last week when he could easily have continued playing for another couple of years. Got a feeling his name could be well in the mix.

O'Dea looked finished, I'm constantly surprised how many Dundee fans didn't see that.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

I think the word you're looking for regarding his retirement is 'attrition'.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

O'Dea looked finished, I'm constantly surprised how many Dundee fans didn't see that.

He has been on a downward path since his Leeds days and was already heading to 'journeyman' status with a list of clubs by the time he was 25...until we signed him  :rolleyes: .  I can't see any Premier team up here looking for him even as a back-up which leaves lower division football which I presume he can't be arsed with.  Fair enough. 

Great news yesterday.

His position was completely untenable. Easily the worst manager I have seen at Dens. His record confirms this.

We all knew the statement of "Dundee would of stayed up if McIntyre got to work with Dodds" was going to be banded about once the axe fell. 

We all knew it would be the hymn sheet of the roasters in the press and those in Scottish football involved in the old pals act.

What I find obscure is that Dundee fan @Dark Blue Dick would have to even question, and keep questioning about the Dodds situation.

It's like having a guy have an affair with your wife and and ruining your relationship, then going back to him for marriage advice because his mates say he might be good at it.

No fucking way did I want that clown near my club and I am glad the board listened to us. 

I would of found it very difficult to go to Dens and cheer on that man and the cost of relegation is a small one to pay compared to the cost of alienating the majority of the Dee's in the Premier. 

We will be back up again soon and no doubt back down again in years to follow, it is no big deal, we have survived worse and I am glad we did not stay up or get relegated with that arsehole on the books.

I think we are now in an excellent position with very few players on the books and no management team to completely start from scratch. 

All the board have to do now is make the right choice.....

Yes, I do believe our owners are running the club well. They made mistakes with the management selection and will have to live with that. 

I've no idea why "having a rough weekend" would impact on whether I think the club is being run well. Care to elaborate on that? 

Edited by Dele

The media at the time and now seem to be obsessed with the idea that Dodds was an unpopular choice because the fans somehow blamed him for the club entering admin. I think this is why so many seem to be saying that the fans have been unreasonable and that would be fair enough.

We have put up with a lot over the years and have given plenty of players and managers the time to get things right even when they weren’t popular choices. However Dodds simply couldn’t get the job.

If you worked in any company and voted for it to be closed down, would you expect to be able to get a job there a few years later? No. So why on earth would it be possible at a company where tens of thousands of people are irrationally passionate about its future, many of whom raised the money to save the club?

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

A Dee seriously suggesting we go for Gordon Chisholm on Dundee's Instagram page. Oft.

Just proves that some fans are fucking mental idiots.