All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Dele said:

If I was offered the choice of where we are now - relegation - or money I work to earn being given to a man who actively tried to get this club shut down, then yes, I would have and am happy to have been relegated. 

Get it right up the little jug eared rat b*****d. 

billy-dodds-tash.jpg.226abaeae5469a17f8ceb24837d8128d.jpg

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm sorry to say, but this catchphrase is never, ever gonna become popular. Ever.

Unless Broken Matt Hardy makes a return.

Aye Killie and Ayr fans seem to react better to it in all fairness friend

7 hours ago, srw said:

Im sure others will have mentioned this before now, however, where is the proof that Dodds is any use, that we would have stayed up with him at Dens?

DFC supporters have been pretty damn good this season, considering how utterly abject the team has been IMO.

While DFC is my club, there are moral absolutes that can not be crossed for me, I wouldnt support their decision to hire the likes of David Goodwillie or Adam Johnson for obvious reasons, and I wouldnt back them in employing the likes of Billy Dodds. Some may think thats wrong, but tough, its my opinion.

Billy Dodds is a pundit on the BBC, not a world renowned coach at Barca etc etc 

Interesting that attacking the police doing their job (twice at least) fails to breach your moral absolutes?

Interesting that attacking the police doing their job (twice at least) fails to breach your moral absolutes?

You see no difference between swinging a punch at a copper who is goading f**k out of you, and rape?

Just now, Fifespud said:

You see no difference between swinging a punch at a copper who is goading f**k out of you, and rape?

You've deliberately underplayed the former crime. You can fall on either side of the morals argument but you should at least be consistent. 

7 hours ago, Dark Blue Dick said:

I get it. I would have been unhappy with Dodds too. But I would have sucked it up to avoid relegation. 

You prefer relegation to Dodds? yes?

This is a strange hill to die on.

If there was any evidence at all that  Dodds might have made a difference you might have a semblance of a point, but there's none whatsoever. Dodds has very little in the way of coaching credentials and only seems to be highly regarded by fellow pundits in the MSM. Indeed one could argue that the very thing Dodds was meant to improve actually improved anyway. We did start scoring a bit more often under McIntyre, however the defence was consistently terrible. 

"Relegation or Dodds" is a risible point to try and make since there is absolutely no credible evidence that Dodds would, or could have made any sort of difference. 

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

You're talking about a fan of a club who used to sing "he does what he wants" when Goodwillie's "deeds" first became public knowledge. 

What next? Taking Old Man Danger seriously?

14 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

You're talking about a fan of a club who used to sing "he does what he wants" when Goodwillie's "deeds" first became public knowledge. 

What next? Taking Old Man Danger seriously?

I might be a fan of the same club but I wouldn't even try to condone that singing. A proportion of Dundee fans seem to be experts in displaying a complete disregard for any semblance of rationality. 

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I might be a fan of the same club but I wouldn't even try to condone that singing. A proportion of Dundee fans seem to be experts in displaying a complete disregard for any semblance of rationality. 

Dry you eyes ffs. I assume you're referring to McGowan, who has of course acted like a complete c**t. However trying to even put that on the same playing field as Goodwillie's sex offence is just ridiculous. The point you were trying to troll was that we didn't want Dodds - there's nothing irrational about that. 

Just now, jupe1407 said:

Dry you eyes ffs. I assume you're referring to McGowan, who has of course acted like a complete c**t. However trying to even put that on the same playing field as Goodwillie's sex offence is just ridiculous. The point you were trying to troll was that we didn't want Dodds - there's nothing irrational about that. 

The only thing I was trying to equate was srw who wanted players excluded on the basis of morality. All I highlighted was that if you are going to do that you need to be consistent. 

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

The only thing I was trying to equate was srw who wanted players excluded on the basis of morality. All I highlighted was that if you are going to do that you need to be consistent. 

SRW brought up Goodwillie re morality, you then equated that with McGowan. They are hardly the same thing. 

Defending an absolute reprobate with the argument "well, at least he's not a rapist". [emoji38] I'm going to miss you lot. 
Fair play, you made me laugh.

"Whit aboot that boy of yours Mrs. Stalin?"

"Och, gies peace, awa and speak tae Mrs. Pol Pot twa doors doon.."

21 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Defending an absolute reprobate with the argument "well, at least he's not a rapist". :lol: I'm going to miss you lot. 

I don't condone what McGowan has done in the same way a lot of United fans don't condone what Goodwillie did. One is a middle aged thug and the other is a rapist. 

Let's not play top trumps c**t edition and look forward to the inevitable tangerine disaster in the play offs and derbies next year.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I didn’t realise that my list needed to be exhaustive. While I don’t condone McGowans behaviour, it’s really not comparable to those that I mentioned. 

Do you have any other players behaviour that you’d like an opinion on?

5 minutes ago, srw said:

I didn’t realise that my list needed to be exhaustive. While I don’t condone McGowans behaviour, it’s really not comparable to those that I mentioned. 

Do you have any other players behaviour that you’d like an opinion on?

Without trying to indulge in a game of criminal top trumps, he has been convicted of a similar crime twice (or three?) times.  I was merely pointing out that you should be at least consistent if you want to go down the moralistic route.