All things Dundee FC

When St Mirren sacked Stubbs there was a similar outcry from the media saying it was a terrible decision. Sometimes I think they ( media) come out with these statements without really having a f'n clue about what has been happening. 

Let's face it , unless its about 2 Glasgow clubs they couldn't really give 2 fuks anyway. 

1 hour ago, srw said:

Thats like buying a car with no engine, bodywork or interior. Youve purchased an air freshener, thats all you have for your money.

Kind of my point.  But, at least you've got an air freshener.  

21 minutes ago, Munoz said:

When St Mirren sacked Stubbs there was a similar outcry from the media saying it was a terrible decision. Sometimes I think they ( media) come out with these statements without really having a f'n clue about what has been happening. 

Let's face it , unless its about 2 Glasgow clubs they couldn't really give 2 fuks anyway. 

Good afternoon.

Absolutely spot on my good man, well said indeed!!!

Here on the east coast we merely smile and wave at these so called professional media clowns.

Two good coaches Tanner says, referring to Neil McCann and Jim McIntyre, maybe he's correct, however they certainly were not or even approaching competent managers.

Best regards.

Dundee FC Board prove that they precisely the kind of people to take decisive action, two months after a crisis....

Better late than never, will hopefully see a bump in season ticket sales (at least until they announce the next hopelessly underwhelming manager) if nothing else. 

Tanner said some stupid stuff, but lets focus on this one sentence …….

"The fans who undermined Jim McIntyre and their club by blocking Billy Dodds' appointment,  should be ashamed".

So would Dodds have made a difference? Who knows.  Were Dundee right to fire McIntyre? Absolutely. 

But did JM think that Dodds would have helped? Was Dundee's assessment of JM made on the basis of results he achieved with BD? Was JM coming into a very difficult appointment? Did the BD situation make JMs job harder? 

The answer to these questions is yes. The fact that we fans put our 'feelings' ahead of the possible saving of the season is unforgivable. Tanner is right, we should be ashamed. 

There are a lot of lessons to be learned from what has been perhaps Dundee's worst ever season. A lot of blame to go around. The best we can hope for is that lessons are learned, and mistakes are not repeated. But that includes us as well. 

It's time for us fans to learn what it means to support the club. It means doing whatever it takes to improve the chances for the team on the park to succeed. Irrespective of our 'feelings'.

It's as simple as that.

18 minutes ago, Dark Blue Dick said:

Tanner said some stupid stuff, but lets focus on this one sentence …….

"The fans who undermined Jim McIntyre and their club by blocking Billy Dodds' appointment,  should be ashamed".

So would Dodds have made a difference? Who knows.  Were Dundee right to fire McIntyre? Absolutely. 

But did JM think that Dodds would have helped? Was Dundee's assessment of JM made on the basis of results he achieved with BD? Was JM coming into a very difficult appointment? Did the BD situation make JMs job harder? 

The answer to these questions is yes. The fact that we fans put our 'feelings' ahead of the possible saving of the season is unforgivable. Tanner is right, we should be ashamed. 

There are a lot of lessons to be learned from what has been perhaps Dundee's worst ever season. A lot of blame to go around. The best we can hope for is that lessons are learned, and mistakes are not repeated. But that includes us as well. 

It's time for us fans to learn what it means to support the club. It means doing whatever it takes to improve the chances for the team on the park to succeed. Irrespective of our 'feelings'.

It's as simple as that.

Absolute fucking nonsense. I'm a happier man getting relegated without Billy Dodds being employed by a club he elected to try and liquidate than I would be having been saved by the now assumed miracle man.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Absolute fucking nonsense. I'm a happier man getting relegated without Billy Dodds being employed by a club he elected to try and liquidate than I would be having been saved by the now assumed miracle man.

Let me get this straight. You are happier that we are relegated, than we employed Billy Dodds and stayed up? 

Just now, Dark Blue Dick said:

Let me get this straight. You are happier that we are relegated, than we employed Billy Dodds and stayed up? 

Indeed and I would suggest the majority of Dundee fans would be the same.

To confirm, I am happy we didn't employ a man that voted to liquidate my club. The notion that he'd have been some miracle worker in any case is absolutely deluded. But even if he was the second coming of Alex Ferguson, aye, still f**k him.

Disappointed in this as it probably means Dundee will be at least somewhat competent next season.

Also where is the evidence for Dodds being some sort of great super coach?