All things Dundee FC

21 minutes ago, Dele said:

McGinn was better than Kerr. 

I'd have S McGinn ahead of O'Hara. 

Judging Kerr more on his 16-17 season than his recent form, Kerr/McGinn was a toss up though.

Also, can anyone recall a half decent winger in Dundee's entire top tier spell?

3 hours ago, EpicMike said:

As Dundee's time in the Premiership comes to an end, what do people think our best 11 was across all seasons? I wonder what could have been accomplished if we had the following 11 on the books at the same time:

• GK: Bain
  • LB: Aurtenetxe
  • RB: Kerr
  • CB: O'Dea
  • CB: Caulker
  • MF: Thomson
  • MF: Kamara
  • MF: O'Hara
  • AM: Harkins
  • FW: Stewart
  • FW: Hemmings

Very decent team there. We’ve been doing this regularly down the years where we’re making wholesale changes instead of just the necessary 3 signings to improve things.  

33 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Very decent team there. We’ve been doing this regularly down the years where we’re making wholesale changes instead of just the necessary 3 signings to improve things.  

This is my primary moan about every manager we've had for years.

Even Football Manager's spreadsheet knows that chucking ten and signing ten every window does not work. 

2 hours ago, EpicMike said:

Judging Kerr more on his 16-17 season than his recent form, Kerr/McGinn was a toss up though.

Also, can anyone recall a half decent winger in Dundee's entire top tier spell?

Martin Boyle as long as he was playing Accies. 

21 hours ago, Crawford said:

I would say give Shelley Kerr a shot.

Firebrand sort of leader who bemoans the lack of professional lady managers. Not only would she be dogged to get the job done, she would also not be another clubs reject.

Image result for make this happen gif

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Caulker is there on name and name alone. 

McPake, Gadzhalov, Konrad and even Hendry put in better performances than Caulker did for us.

Caulker showed he was way above the level of most of our centre backs in my opinion, strong in the air and confident on the ball. Not exactly England international level but way better than what I'm used to seeing in Dundee.

Hendry had such a terrible spell at Celtic I totally forget he was actually great for us, in hindsight he probably deserves to be in that 11.

Judging Kerr more on his 16-17 season than his recent form, Kerr/McGinn was a toss up though. Also, can anyone recall a half decent winger in Dundee's entire top tier spell?

As mentioned Boyle. Also worth mentioning the nutcase(can't even remember his name) who ripped the pish out of v the Celtic left back in the 1-1 game at Dens when McPake scored from a corner in the first few minutes. Was obviously a potentially fantastic winger who was just a total screw up, had been before and continued on. Think he went from on the wing to Tankulic's wing man in the glitzy Dundee nightlife.(Roberts?)

7 hours ago, EpicMike said:

As Dundee's time in the Premiership comes to an end, what do people think our best 11 was across all seasons? I wonder what could have been accomplished if we had the following 11 on the books at the same time:

• GK: Bain
  • LB: Aurtenetxe
  • RB: Kerr
  • CB: O'Dea
  • CB: Caulker
  • MF: Thomson
  • MF: Kamara
  • MF: O'Hara
  • AM: Harkins
  • FW: Stewart
  • FW: Hemmings

With the 2 managers they had this season the answer would still have been relegation :) 

Caulkers time at Dens was typical of DFC. 

The signing promised so much, but he was a massive disappointment, he was no better than Meekings who I think is terrible. 

I’ve got to agree we’re not great recruiting and dealing with players.  

Bain, Stewart, Kamara and Hemmings have IMHO been the four best players we have recruited in recent years.  All gone or sold for buttons.  Not good enough Mr Nelms.

Edited to add that I forgot about Hendry.  We played a blinder with Celtic getting what we did for him!

Edited by Shadow Play

21 hours ago, Dele said:

Is that why you've come out with "DC Thompsons are useless and it's horrible I pay them £25,000 a year for advertising"? 

:lol:

He also owns his own business, was a Tory councillor, had a swimming pool in his house, and if that wasn't enough he's a tangerine fuckwit as well.

Top tosser. IMO.

2 hours ago, dd23 said:

As mentioned Boyle. Also worth mentioning the nutcase(can't even remember his name) who ripped the pish out of v the Celtic left back in the 1-1 game at Dens when McPake scored from a corner in the first few minutes. Was obviously a potentially fantastic winger who was just a total screw up, had been before and continued on. Think he went from on the wing to Tankulic's wing man in the glitzy Dundee nightlife.(Roberts?)

Phil Roberts indeed. That was, by far, his best game for us - gave the green bigots a torrid time, but never ever showed anything close to that ever again.

Just for laughs, how bad would a "worst XI of our recent top-flight spell" be??

It's too depressing to even start and type it out...

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

It's too depressing to even start and type it out...

Jesus, what a horrid thought

Hamilton

Horsefield Meggatt Meekings Dyer

Hateley Woods Klok Williams

Yordi Curran

1 hour ago, srw said:

Hamilton

Yordi Curran

I feel like I’ve been watching this side for the last three seasons.

1 hour ago, srw said:

Hamilton

Yordi Curran

I'd have Gomis ahead of Meekings but that's a pretty solid effort.

Arturo would slot in up front.