All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Stevie Simonsen wasn't on Premier League wages and couldn't afford to retire comfortably and focus on his restaurant like Speroni can.

Speroni's restaurant shut down about 18 month ago. He plans on playing on till his mid 40s (Well, he did at the start of the season anyways) and I'd argue that being on Premier League/English Championship wages for the best part of 15 year is a positive rather than a negative if we were to propose a season with us tbh.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Speroni's restaurant shut down about 18 month ago. He plans on playing on till his mid 40s (Well, he did at the start of the season anyways) and I'd argue that being on Premier League/English Championship wages for the best part of 15 year is a positive rather than a negative if we were to propose a season with us tbh.

If he's keen to keep on playing and isn't too bothered about money then I'd love to have him back at Dundee, I just imagine he'll prefer a club near the South East as Dundee is one hell of a commute from London!

As someone with a lot of experience of both places I can say categorically that London and Dundee are like different worlds. Different advantages and different challenges. It will depend very much on the individual and what they want for their family at that stage in life. In summary - can't hurt to ask.

12 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

If he's keen to keep on playing and isn't too bothered about money then I'd love to have him back at Dundee, I just imagine he'll prefer a club near the South East as Dundee is one hell of a commute from London!

Probably! I'm not totally disagreeing with you, but I think we'd be insane not to ask even on a part time deal much like Simonsen was with us. 

23 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

f**k me, here we go.....before the nights out he’ll have been spotted in kingsway Tesco, opened a restaurant up in Perth Road, signed a 2yr deal as player manager and shagged John Nelms Mrs!

If that was the blonde sitting next to Nelms on Saturday, there’s a queue  :thumsup2

I would say give Shelley Kerr a shot.

Firebrand sort of leader who bemoans the lack of professional lady managers. Not only would she be dogged to get the job done, she would also not be another clubs reject.

21 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The high street is like 'Dawn of the Dead'. IMO.

You should fit right in then.

21 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I think Margaret's gone slightly overboard with the meds in the Ovaltine. 

I’m glad I still have the capacity to wind up the Funsters.  There’s genuinely nothing worth posting about on the United threads and there’s still a very good possibility that we won’t go up.  So pissing off you lot is about as good as it gets at the moment.  :lol:

Fun fact; I used to live in the same building as Julian Speroni and shared the lift with him a couple of times.  He’s a big guy.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s genuinely nothing worth posting about on the United threads

Is that why you've come out with "DC Thompsons are useless and it's horrible I pay them £25,000 a year for advertising"? 

:lol:

36 minutes ago, Dele said:

Is that why you've come out with "DC Thompsons are useless and it's horrible I pay them £25,000 a year for advertising"? 

:lol:

It’s nice that you’ve joined my fan base.  Just so you know I charge for autographs.

Edited by Granny Danger

As Dundee's time in the Premiership comes to an end, what do people think our best 11 was across all seasons? I wonder what could have been accomplished if we had the following 11 on the books at the same time:

• GK: Bain
  • LB: Aurtenetxe
  • RB: Kerr
  • CB: O'Dea
  • CB: Caulker
  • MF: Thomson
  • MF: Kamara
  • MF: O'Hara
  • AM: Harkins
  • FW: Stewart
  • FW: Hemmings

13 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

No.

Loved him. Knew when to put his foot on the ball, knew when to get rid. Hardly moved out the centre circle though so I see how some would disagree. 

I'd also have McAlister ahead of O'Hara, now I remember him.