All things Dundee FC

56 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Is it not a bit of a tourist town? For caravans etc? 

I think there is two caravan parks there and a 'pleasureland' which is just they 2p machines that push other 2p's out once there's enough at the edge. That's it. The amount of junkies in that wee toon is unbelievable. 

41 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I always though Arbroath was near Berwick to be honest

SNS-13521257-Kilmarnock-Dundee.jpg-808x1024.thumb.jpg.4a88558e228dd835213fe6a0bb7ad80d.jpg

Edited by Dele

10 minutes ago, Dele said:

I think there is two caravan parks there and a 'pleasureland' which is just they 2p machines that push other 2p's out once there's enough at the edge. That's it. The amount of junkies in that wee toon is unbelievable. 

The high street is like 'Dawn of the Dead'. IMO.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Looks like Danger's been on the sherry again, don't worry though, he'll be tucked up and sound asleep by now.

Thank you.

I think Margaret's gone slightly overboard with the meds in the Ovaltine. 

4 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Define better, do you think we are able to recruit English championship players or do we only have enough clout for league 2/non league?

I'm going to say that if we were unable to attract or afford English Championship players while we were in the top league then we're unlikely to be getting any when we're a league below. 

3 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Couple of teams have released players anyone stand out so far?

Edjenguele.

You should take a look.

He’d probably be able to get himself fit to get on the pitch at least once unlike Andrew Davies. :lol:

Edited by NEFarab

We're being linked with Elliot Parish, presumably to be back up to Clark. 

Assume he'd be an upgrade on Cammy Bell?

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Clark won't be at saints beyond August. 

Wonder if that's the thinking. Get a decent, cheap, option in now, just incase he goes and we're left with just Sinclair. 

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's an upgrade on Jack Hamilton so sad to see him go.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His control of his area is very poor (he very rarely comes for any cross) and I do think he is often over rated a lot by fans but he is very consistent and a good shot stopper. He's the perfect deputy 'keeper and I think he could come in for a run of games in an organised defence and be a much more calming influence than a youth.

I've not seen Cammy Bell this season so don't know how he has been but I think you'd be aiming a bit better than Parish if it was to replace Zander Clark although that might be challenging. Motherwell now have two good 'keepers so I think Trevor Clarkson would make most sense to try and go for if he was obtainable.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

His control of his area is very poor (he very rarely comes for any cross) and I do think he is often over rated a lot by fans but he is very consistent and a good shot stopper. He's the perfect deputy 'keeper and I think he could come in for a run of games in an organised defence and be a much more calming influence than a youth.

I've not seen Cammy Bell this season so don't know how he has been but I think you'd be aiming a bit better than Parish if it was to replace Zander Clark although that might be challenging. Motherwell now have two good 'keepers so I think Trevor Clarkson would make most sense to try and go for if he was obtainable.

I think Cammy Bell played 4 games, faced 11 shots on target and conceded 7 goals, the ones he did save, were trundlers. 

So if hes capable of saving a shot, he'll be an upgrade.

I think we're trying to get a cheap keeper in quick, who will be able to be a deputy for Clark, but could also step in and do a job until we properly replace Clark. Just solid squad building.

Speroni is leaving Palace. Player manager please.

Much like McCann if he comes in and does pish his image for me will go down hill , can’t deal with 2 legends going down the swanny so soon

Seriously though, Speroni is arguably one of the most loyal footballers going and I don't mean in the Sevco sense. We'd have more chance of signing him for a year than we ever would Charlie Adam whom is regularly touted. 

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Seriously though, Speroni is arguably one of the most loyal footballers going and I don't mean in the Sevco sense. We'd have more chance of signing him for a year than we ever would Charlie Adam whom is regularly touted. 

Speroni is fairly settled in London with his family now, I'm sure he looks back fondly on his time at Dundee but doubt he's going to completely uproot and head north to play in the Scottish Championship.

25 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Speroni is fairly settled in London with his family now, I'm sure he looks back fondly on his time at Dundee but doubt he's going to completely uproot and head north to play in the Scottish Championship.

Steve Simonsen had a family in London and travelled up.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Steve Simonsen had a family in London and travelled up.

Stevie Simonsen wasn't on Premier League wages and couldn't afford to retire comfortably and focus on his restaurant like Speroni can.