All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

If it's true he is on a rolling contract, it will not be renewed next season. Unless he pulls off a miracle and keeps Dundee up, someone else will be in charge.

You would hope so. Especially considering when he was appointed Nelms insisted he wanted to see us still finish 7th or so :lol:

3 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Although the words may have came out his mouth, only a lunatic would expect to keep their job after being the worst at it in 126 years. 

1 hour ago, EpicMike said:

If it's true he is on a rolling contract, it will not be renewed next season. Unless he pulls off a miracle and keeps Dundee up, someone else will be in charge.

It’s true he’s on one. The latest rumour is when we go down he can be punted for free and if we stay up he’s due a year’ salary. Let’s hope that’s true. 

1 hour ago, EpicMike said:

I don't think that's what it means. I don't think he'll be in charge regardless but a rolling contract in football is different from an option, it means that he'll always have twelve months left on his current deal (so we'd be liable for 12 months salary if we wanted rid). There may well be something that voids it with relegation though.

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

I don't think that's what it means. I don't think he'll be in charge regardless but a rolling contract in football is different from an option, it means that he'll always have twelve months left on his current deal (so we'd be liable for 12 months salary if we wanted rid). There may well be something that voids it with relegation though.

If we gave him notice today, he would leave on 30th April 2020 - whether he works that or is put on Garden Leave is the question.  Or we try to negotiate a reduced payment to let him go sooner.

11 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Statement just released on the website is a load of waffling shite. 

Would have to disagree with that. It wasn't a plaster statement. It didn't just try to say look at the brilliant shit we are doing. 

Share issue to bring their stake to 75% means tax relief for the stadium build. 

Edit - actually read that again. Fucking shite at the bottom about being a true supporter for going week in week out.

What we are supposed to applaud what we have seen this season?

Edited by Crawford

Good statement at a good time IMO. 
Allaying fans fears of them pulling the plug due to rumours, updating on the stadium - as they don't have to do it every 5 minutes ffs - and saying in not so many words that McIntyre is getting the bullet. 
WTF do fans want? They moan about lack of communication from the board, then get a lengthy statement and complain about it. What did people actually want to read that would've made them happy? 
It's easy to stick the boot in but credit where it's due IMO.

Can only agree.

Some statement :lol:

Macron will be our kit supplier for the foreseeable future, allowing new and exciting opportunities for the fans and the club.

What exactly is exciting about having a new kit supplier?! What new opportunities does this give?!

Our commercial department has made great strides with an overall increase in revenue of approximately 10% each year over the last two years.

Is that not from raising ticket prices to mental levels?

This process starts with consulting our continuously maintained working list of potential candidates for analysis of multiple criteria.

Bollocks that wouldn't be out of place in the 'Corporate and Business talk' thread.

Recently we had changed our philosophy of bringing on younger, inexperienced managers to ones that have had over 300 matches in charge and a win percentage at a level around 40%.  We then take into account what else they have achieved, saving clubs from relegation, winning trophies and how they have managed their recruiting process.

Literally just tailored to say 'McIntyre'. A poor attempt at justifying a poor appointment. 

When we choose a manager, we do this in the knowledge that he can do all of those things and more.  That being said, there is a diligent and stringent process that is implemented ahead of a manager being named.

Yet they got what seemed like the first available guy.

The actual process takes weeks, but to the fans, it appears to happen overnight.

Was McIntyre not appointed the day after McCann was sacked?!

This is the kind of bollocks you get when fans cry "The board have been awfully quiet!". It's a statement for a statement's sake. Still, at least you'll get local pies at Dens in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The actual process takes weeks, but to the fans, it appears to happen overnight.

Was McIntyre not appointed the day after McCann was sacked?!

This is naive in the extreme. 

I'm quite happy as it sounds  like it's painted a clear picture that McIntyre is getting punted at the end of the season but done so in the language that will ensure that he doesn't know that he is gone because he's thick as mince.

I'm sated with the statement, though I am well aware most of it is just empty words. Sounds like they're preparing for the next manager, and the stadium stuff (while I have lost all interest at this point) is nice to hear. Also a bit reassuring to see them expressly saying their intent to stay. Now to just hunker down and start caring again in July.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's either that or the Dundee board were trying to recruit a new manager behind McCann's back.

They were trying to employ a more experienced 'coach' for McCann behind his back so it's not really that silly to think they'd have been looking at other options too. 

What is silly is the those options had Jim McIntyre at the top of the tree. 

A statement is a statement, it's all pretty hollow to me until I see "McIntyre relieved of duties" 

Guest gregteamdee

No vote of confidence in that statement for McIntyre. Thank god for that, he will be away once relegation is confirmed.  

Youth development takes years and years to get right or you can do a United and take youngsters like Armstrong/GMS/Robertson from lower league clubs but not too young an age and put them in the first team. I'd like to see a bit of both at Dens, the likes of Cammy Kerr, Wighton, McDonald and Robertson who were picked up from Dundee at a very young age and go through the ranks and then also have the route of like, Armstrong, Robertson pinch them for lower league clubs and put them in the first team. 

I'm not the target of that statement but to me it reads as a masterclass in obfuscation.

The revisionism starts early in the board's suggestion they’ve been mainly successful in their objectives. Maybe they have somewhere, but certainly not on the pitch and if the club has stabilised financially why does vague news of a further share issue follow a few sentences later? Even then, no detail of why they're doing it or how much money is being raised.  If the only reason is for FPS to increase its shareholding (from what?), why not just buy back shares?

The statement waits until nine paragraphs down – past news of beer festivals and open days – to imply what it means to say: the manager is getting punted. Of course, even this is couched in a defensiveness that extends to  a revealing explanation of their recruitment policy: they create short lists solely from a spreadsheet. That detail exposes all sorts of things: a lack of trust in their judgement, an insensibility to the environment they're working in, and a blindness to the other qualities that might make a good manager at a club like Dundee.

The implication that the manager will go might cheer fans, but what a way to say it. Why put this out when the board  still 'desperately' wants to stay in the division?  If you’re going to sack McIntyre,  the  two sensible approaches are either to cut ties straight away or keep your mouth shut until you've got a replacement in mind. Whatever you do, you don't put out a  mealy-mouthed compromise.

Edited by Mr Heliums