All things Dundee FC

The Championship is not a league to be in, but I think you get a better class of poster and debate on the forum.  

Odd season. If Moussa had not missed that penalty in the first game, then we may still have had McCann as a manager. Likewise, had Millers penalty gone in against Kilmanock, then we would be clear  and safe by now. Can’t quite believe how we have fallen away since then. 

The American may have made mistakes, but they have given our managers the best backing since the madness of the Marr brothers tenure. Let’s hope it does not end the same way. 

2 hours ago, mychurch said:

The Championship is not a league to be in, but I think you get a better class of poster and debate on the forum.  

Odd season. If Moussa had not missed that penalty in the first game, then we may still have had McCann as a manager. Likewise, had Millers penalty gone in against Kilmanock, then we would be clear  and safe by now. Can’t quite believe how we have fallen away since then. 

The American may have made mistakes, but they have given our managers the best backing since the madness of the Marr brothers tenure. Let’s hope it does not end the same way. 

That was the turning point for me. If he'd scored that we'd be in a totally different situation, IMO. 

St.Mirren have picked up 12 points since that penalty was missed and we've picked up 3.

The only good thing about the Championship is about 33 of your 36 leagues games will be on a Saturday at 3pm.  2 or 3 Friday night 7pm affairs on BBC Scotland IMO.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The only good thing about the Championship is about 33 of your 36 leagues games will be on a Saturday at 3pm.  2 or 3 Friday night 7pm affairs on BBC Scotland IMO.

And you don’t have to put up with the old firms shit too tbf. 

1 minute ago, NEFarab said:

And you don’t have to put up with the old firms shit too tbf. 

Yep, no urinating in the streets/outside pubs.  I'd rather not see a fat 50 year old ***s tadger with piss coming out of it again thanks.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, no urinating in the streets/outside pubs.  I'd rather not see a fat 50 year old ***s tadger with piss coming out of it again thanks.

Literally reek havoc on towns and cities across the land and then wonder why their allocations get cut. 

That was the turning point for me. If he'd scored that we'd be in a totally different situation, IMO. 

St.Mirren have picked up 12 points since that penalty was missed and we've picked up 3.

Think you're right, but sort of knew he'd miss. Should have scored from open play. Pretty similar to the chance in Perth a few weeks ago. Unable to convince himself to use his left and thinks too much.

I remember listening to the first game, 1 up and supposedly coasting, playing good stuff and looking like a slick outfit according to the pundits.

Missed penalty and Hamilton had his melt down and the season has been continual shit ever since.

7 hours ago, dd23 said:

Think you're right, but sort of knew he'd miss. Should have scored from open play. Pretty similar to the chance in Perth a few weeks ago. Unable to convince himself to use his left and thinks too much.

I remember listening to the first game, 1 up and supposedly coasting, playing good stuff and looking like a slick outfit according to the pundits.

Missed penalty and Hamilton had his melt down and the season has been continual shit ever since.

Not that it really matters now, but we actually never had the lead in the opening game. St Mirren scored pretty early, and then about 5 minutes later Sir Elton rattled in a beauty from distance. Then we had umpteen chances to score - all fluffed - until Mendy was brought down in the box in the 2nd half only for Moussa to float in a very tame penalty (only to be matched in ineptitude by Kennys attempt vs Killie). Then late in the game JackHam broke out into a tapdancing routine while trying to get cute with the ba', and the rest is history.

Yep, we were very decent that game. The amount of dangerous crosses flashing across the six yard box that nobody got a touch on was both infuriating and hilarious. After the penalty (and absolute sitter about a minute later) you knew something calamitous was about to happen. It did, the rest of the season. 

10 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

DigOut, when Kenny hit that travesty of a penalty (I'm convinced Miller's never hit a worse penalty in his life even if you go back to his schoolboy days) I felt for the first time that coupled with the garbage season we were having that maybe it just wasn't on the cards for us to get anything good coming our way.

It was an exciting game, the fans were into it, Nelson looked the real deal as did Dales and we went forward with a purpose that looked very promising at least in the 1st half. The 2nd half was played mostly in our half with us counter attacking and that is where we come to Miller's penalty. It was all setup for the major feelgood factor to kickstart our season - Kenny Miller shooting toward the Bobby Cox - with what would've been the last kick of ball sending Dens into a frenzy........ and then he dribbles the ball towards the corner of the net with a shot that my Granny could've saved (and she's deid, miss ya Gran, she was a major Dee). 

The air let out of the stadium that day and I felt crestfallen. Now we've had quite a number of these kicks to the stomach this season, but that was the one for me where I thought we're fecked.

Edited by CanadianDee

Not that it really matters now, but we actually never had the lead in the opening game. St Mirren scored pretty early, and then about 5 minutes later Sir Elton rattled in a beauty from distance. Then we had umpteen chances to score - all fluffed - until Mendy was brought down in the box in the 2nd half only for Moussa to float in a very tame penalty (only to be matched in ineptitude by Kennys attempt vs Killie). Then late in the game JackHam broke out into a tapdancing routine while trying to get cute with the ba', and the rest is history.
Aye fair dos. I couldn't go to the game so my recollection is from the radio. The thing i remember is the commentators saying his good they looked after we scored. Much in the vein of "there's only one team going to win this now, and that's...."

Been sent this so thought id share it

It is with regret that we have felt the need to put the following in writing regarding the current situation with Dundee and affairs at Dens.

As a DSA affiliated club we would like the DSA to take this matter further and provide fans with a constructive response.

I have copied in all other clubs as per your distribution list as I would think our club is not alone in these thoughts and would welcome any other opinions?

Below has been drafted following comments / thoughts / views from our members:

‘The Ferry Branch Dundee Supporters Club, as one of the largest supporters clubs within the Dundee Supporters Association (DSA), would like to express our utmost concern regarding the current situation at Dundee Football Club.

While we welcome the continued ownership and financial input from Tim Keyes, and wholeheartedly appreciate the initial stability this brought to football club, we have serious issues with the management of the Club on and off the pitch. 

● John Nelms - We commend John's enthusiasm and efforts towards the new stadium plans and fully endorse the move to a new stadium, however his decision making regarding football matters is hugely flawed. His managerial appointments have been disastrous. There is clearly a role for John on the Board but his input into football decisions should be limited at best. The Club urgently requires a proper Board comprising of individuals with a far higher calibre of football knowledge. Managerial appointments should not be made based on a farcical list compiled by Mr. Nelms with no proper interview process. 

● Jim McIntyre - Jim has proved to be a dreadful appointment despite being given a healthy budget to rebuild the team in January. He has lost confidence of the support, apparently the players also and now has one of the worst records of any Dundee manager, including a pathetic record breaking run of 8 defeats and counting. Even the most loyal supporters, long standing season ticket holders, are indicating they will not renew season tickets if Mr. McIntyre remains in his position. The fact Mr. Nelms has not addressed this appalling level of performance from the manager is staggering and has invoked a level of apathy and frustration within the support that is unprecedented at Dens. 

● Communication - Simply non-existent. Truly appalling from Mr. Nelms, the supporters have been given barely any information despite our ever more precarious position in the SPL. A half-hearted attempt at appeasement by Mr. Nelms inviting a hand picked selection of individuals to meet with him is not acceptable. 

● Season Tickets - Hard to imagine how badly this has been handled. Expecting fans to pay top end SPL prices for possible Championship football is quite incredible. Notwithstanding one less home game in the Championship fixtures. If the Club continues to take the support for granted, offering no communication and expecting fans to pay top prices for season tickets and admission prices then this will lead to further discontent and an unsustainably low level of sales. We understand the importance of season ticket sales, but cannot justify these prices based on the current product on display at Dens. 

● League Position - An utter disgrace. 1 win at Dens all season is totally unacceptable. Added to this considerably grim achievement is the 3 miserable defeats by Championship sides in the Cups this season. The lack of apparent concern at Board level is both baffling and worrying. Relegation will be catastrophic for the Club and will represent a dreadful failure to capitalise on a situation where we are the only Premiership team in the City. Mr. Nelms is fully accountable for allowing this situation to spiral out of control.

● Going Forward - Dundee fans are desperate to support the Club and equally desperate to help in any way we can. This has been demonstrated on many, many occasions notwithstanding incredible support during 2 periods of administration. We are a stoic support but there is a limit to what can be tolerated. The current situation, with relegation looming and a total disconnect between fans, Board and manager, cannot and will not be tolerated. 

Dundee Football Club is a magnificent football club with huge historic significance and a large, fantastic support. Despite our horrendous form, over the last 3years in particular, the level of support has been remarkable. Given the generous budget provided in part by Tim Keyes, there is absolutely no way this Club should be fighting relegation every season. The reason we are is due to dreadful managerial appointments.This has to change immediately. 

If the Club is to survive any relegation then it will once again require our fantastic fans to rally round. At present that is unlikely unless major changes are made to the structure of the Club at Board and managerial level. ‘

Regards

Carol 
Ferry Branch Secretary

Literally reek havoc on towns and cities across the land and then wonder why their allocations get cut. 

Love the dees and arabs uniting to condemn the two unwiped arse cheeks from the weeg and their glory hunting/ ambulance chasing/ always the victim never the accused followers!

Semper-peh [emoji110]

The Ferry Branch, one of the largest? They struggle to fill a minibus (*note, this is where United fans or Tam turns up and makes obvious joke). 

I haven't even read the rest of the statement but I'd hazard a guess it's as embarrassing as that starter. 

Minter. 

Just now, Dele said:

The Ferry Branch, one of the largest? They struggle to fill a minibus (*note, this is where United fans or Tam turns up and makes obvious joke). 

I haven't even read the rest of the statement but I'd hazard a guess it's as embarrassing as that starter. 

Minter. 

Got to say Dele, thought it was well written, and agree with all of it.

Carol needs to learn that using ‘notwithstanding’ a few times doesn’t make up for the constant use of ‘SPL’ this making her statement completely uneducated and tinpot. I mean seriously, if you are going to address the club in such a way make it accurate.

20 minutes ago, Dele said:

Minter. 

Na, can't be arsed.  You're like that dog that's been run over and just needs put out it's misery. Just want the season to end now.

50 minutes ago, Eh Peh Skeh said:

Love the dees and arabs uniting to condemn the two unwiped arse cheeks from the weeg and their glory hunting/ ambulance chasing/ always the victim never the accused followers!

Semper-peh emoji110.png

I dislike Dundee through natural footballing rivalry. 

I fucking despise both of them for reasons that go beyond competitive football matches. 

Edited by NEFarab

49 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Been sent this so thought id share it

It is with regret that we have felt the need to put the following in writing regarding the current situation with Dundee and affairs at Dens.

As a DSA affiliated club we would like the DSA to take this matter further and provide fans with a constructive response.

I have copied in all other clubs as per your distribution list as I would think our club is not alone in these thoughts and would welcome any other opinions?

Below has been drafted following comments / thoughts / views from our members:

‘The Ferry Branch Dundee Supporters Club, as one of the largest supporters clubs within the Dundee Supporters Association (DSA), would like to express our utmost concern regarding the current situation at Dundee Football Club.

While we welcome the continued ownership and financial input from Tim Keyes, and wholeheartedly appreciate the initial stability this brought to football club, we have serious issues with the management of the Club on and off the pitch. 

● John Nelms - We commend John's enthusiasm and efforts towards the new stadium plans and fully endorse the move to a new stadium, however his decision making regarding football matters is hugely flawed. His managerial appointments have been disastrous. There is clearly a role for John on the Board but his input into football decisions should be limited at best. The Club urgently requires a proper Board comprising of individuals with a far higher calibre of football knowledge. Managerial appointments should not be made based on a farcical list compiled by Mr. Nelms with no proper interview process. 

● Jim McIntyre - Jim has proved to be a dreadful appointment despite being given a healthy budget to rebuild the team in January. He has lost confidence of the support, apparently the players also and now has one of the worst records of any Dundee manager, including a pathetic record breaking run of 8 defeats and counting. Even the most loyal supporters, long standing season ticket holders, are indicating they will not renew season tickets if Mr. McIntyre remains in his position. The fact Mr. Nelms has not addressed this appalling level of performance from the manager is staggering and has invoked a level of apathy and frustration within the support that is unprecedented at Dens. 

● Communication - Simply non-existent. Truly appalling from Mr. Nelms, the supporters have been given barely any information despite our ever more precarious position in the SPL. A half-hearted attempt at appeasement by Mr. Nelms inviting a hand picked selection of individuals to meet with him is not acceptable. 

● Season Tickets - Hard to imagine how badly this has been handled. Expecting fans to pay top end SPL prices for possible Championship football is quite incredible. Notwithstanding one less home game in the Championship fixtures. If the Club continues to take the support for granted, offering no communication and expecting fans to pay top prices for season tickets and admission prices then this will lead to further discontent and an unsustainably low level of sales. We understand the importance of season ticket sales, but cannot justify these prices based on the current product on display at Dens. 

● League Position - An utter disgrace. 1 win at Dens all season is totally unacceptable. Added to this considerably grim achievement is the 3 miserable defeats by Championship sides in the Cups this season. The lack of apparent concern at Board level is both baffling and worrying. Relegation will be catastrophic for the Club and will represent a dreadful failure to capitalise on a situation where we are the only Premiership team in the City. Mr. Nelms is fully accountable for allowing this situation to spiral out of control.

● Going Forward - Dundee fans are desperate to support the Club and equally desperate to help in any way we can. This has been demonstrated on many, many occasions notwithstanding incredible support during 2 periods of administration. We are a stoic support but there is a limit to what can be tolerated. The current situation, with relegation looming and a total disconnect between fans, Board and manager, cannot and will not be tolerated. 

Dundee Football Club is a magnificent football club with huge historic significance and a large, fantastic support. Despite our horrendous form, over the last 3years in particular, the level of support has been remarkable. Given the generous budget provided in part by Tim Keyes, there is absolutely no way this Club should be fighting relegation every season. The reason we are is due to dreadful managerial appointments.This has to change immediately. 

If the Club is to survive any relegation then it will once again require our fantastic fans to rally round. At present that is unlikely unless major changes are made to the structure of the Club at Board and managerial level. ‘

Regards

Carol 
Ferry Branch Secretary

Nelms was allegedly "close to tears" when he read this.