All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

When Rangers died there was a place in the top flight.

Dundee, who finished 24 points behind Ross County in the First Division, a league which had no playoff between it and the one above, were also promoted.

So Dundee have Rangers to thank for a totally undeserved promotion (although I agree they should have come up rather than no team be relegated from the top league).

indeed we benefitted from the rangers folding...but I believe that Dundee took no part in the following discussions regarding the rangers punishment....but we've not benefitted for the last 3 seasons though;) we might need to thank them next season though :lol:

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

When Rangers died there was a place in the top flight.

Dundee, who finished 24 points behind Ross County in the First Division, a league which had no playoff between it and the one above, were also promoted.

So Dundee have Rangers to thank for a totally undeserved promotion (although I agree they should have come up rather than no team be relegated from the top league).

We had a season on par with this due to that promotion and that promotion arguably sent us back a few year. We were extremely lucky the Yanks came in that next season or we were fucked, yet again.

11 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Didn’t go on Saturday and won’t be back until McIntyre has gone. The appointment of McIntyre completely sucked any enthusiasm I had from the start.

This season is done. It would take nothing short of Jesus himself showing up and banging in the goals.

I'm excited about the championship. If the yanks for whatever reason decide to stay, it could be enjoyable playing for something rather than just survival.

Anyone saw the latest with Wagner? A DAB asked him to do a video about us going down and he rejected them saying he wouldn't do it because he's 'friends' with Dundee FC.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Anyone saw the latest with Wagner? A DAB asked him to do a video about us going down and he rejected them saying he wouldn't do it because he's 'friends' with Dundee FC.

Hahahahaha chuck that one in the trophy cabinet anaw. 

This season is done. It would take nothing short of Jesus himself showing up and banging in the goals.
I'm excited about the championship. If the yanks for whatever reason decide to stay, it could be enjoyable playing for something rather than just survival.
I admire your positivity. The prospect of the Championship excites me about a much a the thought of Ann Widdecombe in a bikini.

Almost every time we've gone it's strangled the club, sometimes to the edge of extinction.

Much as this season and last have been abysmal I fear similarly abysmal afternoons at Dens if McIntyre remains against the fellow also rans.

It is a brutal league with a brutal effect on a club the size of Dundee.

It gives me the fear.

17 minutes ago, dd23 said:

I admire your positivity. The prospect of the Championship excites me about a much a the thought of Ann Widdecombe in a bikini.

Almost every time we've gone it's strangled the club, sometimes to the edge of extinction.

Much as this season and last have been abysmal I fear similarly abysmal afternoons at Dens if McIntyre remains against the fellow also rans.

It is a brutal league with a brutal effect on a club the size of Dundee.

It gives me the fear.

You had me at Ann in a bikini :wub:

19 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Didn’t go on Saturday and won’t be back until McIntyre has gone. The appointment of McIntyre completely sucked any enthusiasm I had from the start.

Was there on Saturday, and after that embarrassment, I'm the same as you, will not be back until this clown is punted.

On 23/04/2019 at 16:32, Dele said:

What are the games like in the Championship? 

If McIntyre gets the bullet, I might consider getting a ST now. Wasnt ever getting one in top flight due to too many midweek games due to internationals etc. 

Good point about BBC Scotland/Alba games on a Friday.  The 'good old days' were 3pm kick offs pretty much guaranteed.  Couple of pints in Frews and off to the match.

It produced one of the most honest, emotional crowd reactions I have seen. Out on our feet with a threadbare squad and losing to Raith Rovers we somehow got a win with a Neil McCann goal in the last minute hooked in with his back to goal.  I will never forget the crowd at the end. Everyone stayed. All on their feet cheering a team, some of whom could barely summon energy to walk of the pitch.

Against Raith Rovers?! Who knew?! 

9 hours ago, Crawford said:

I've already seen it on social media creeping in with the talk of 'well at least we'll win a lot next season' and 'it'll be nice to score some goals' and 'great chance to win a title'!! How quickly people forget? I remember when we went down in '05, and I was a young naive Dee and I said to my Gramps much the same thing, and he told me not to get too excited, and was he ever right. Next thing I know we're getting slapped around by big style by Airdrie, and Clyde, and QOS maybe even Brechin too! When we got relegated we had won 8 games, in the second tier the next season we won 9! Here I was thinking we were going to be almost unbeatable down there, what a riot that was taking 7 off Airdrie.

I don't think the Yanks know what a pit of quicksand the Championship can be. Bigger type clubs like Falkirk and Partick fighting for their lives, and the Pars have just pulled themselves to safety recently and lets not forget that they plummeted down to 7th in the 3rd tier in recent history before arresting the descent.

But then again I'm a dafty because I'm still somehow thinking that if we can beat 'Well (no reason to believe we will), and that if Livi beat Accies then we'll be 5 points behind them when we meet in which case we could close to within 2 pts with twa games remaining. I'm a fecking mug. Oh and this will also require whatever players the CLOWN puts on the pitch to just ignore whatever he told them to do, and quickly organise themselves on the pitch.

58 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

I've already seen it on social media creeping in with the talk of 'well at least we'll win a lot next season' and 'it'll be nice to score some goals' and 'great chance to win a title'!! How quickly people forget? 

I don't think the Yanks know what a pit of quicksand the Championship can be. 

Evening all.

CanadianDee is absolutely spot-on  in what he forecasts if/when the expected drop transpires . 

This current collective would not hold their own for two minutes in such a competitive league where teams would enjoy coming to Dens in search of a scalp,  best not to think about away games at this early stage.

Only solution, McIntyre out, ASAP.  Swiftly followed by numerous players unless a superior footballing brain, ie manager can be secured who can see something positive we don't . 

This fellow McIntyre not only embarrasses himself but more  importantly our club.

Russell Brand quotes/jokes, "This is merely a moment in time, it will pass". 

How long this moment lasts will no doubt be costly to the current owners who have nowt but good intentions for our club, imo.

Best regards.

4 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

I've already seen it on social media creeping in with the talk of 'well at least we'll win a lot next season' and 'it'll be nice to score some goals' and 'great chance to win a title'!! How quickly people forget? I remember when we went down in '05, and I was a young naive Dee and I said to my Gramps much the same thing, and he told me not to get too excited, and was he ever right. Next thing I know we're getting slapped around by big style by Airdrie, and Clyde, and QOS maybe even Brechin too! When we got relegated we had won 8 games, in the second tier the next season we won 9! Here I was thinking we were going to be almost unbeatable down there, what a riot that was taking 7 off Airdrie.

I don't think the Yanks know what a pit of quicksand the Championship can be. Bigger type clubs like Falkirk and Partick fighting for their lives, and the Pars have just pulled themselves to safety recently and lets not forget that they plummeted down to 7th in the 3rd tier in recent history before arresting the descent.

Apart from the last few seasons I never remember the relegated Premiership teams doing as badly as they are recently. They might have went down and finished mid table but that’s been St. Mirren and Thistle going down in consecutive seasons and nearly being relegated automatically. 

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Apart from the last few seasons I never remember the relegated Premiership teams doing as badly as they are recently. They might have went down and finished mid table but that’s been St. Mirren and Thistle going down in consecutive seasons and nearly being relegated automatically. 

And considering we've already been beaten 3 times by Championship teams this season - Dunfermline, Ayr and QOS - this squad needs absolutely gutted. Once again.