All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can only judge him against us, but he looks a Championship striker. Miscontrolled a few balls and, when he had a free unchallenged shot from 12 yards, missed the target by about 6 yards wide.

Probably has the pace to cause bother against centre halves who cant anticipate movement that well.

He came on against you lot when we were trailing in both games. Once 2-0 and yesterday just minutes before you got your 2nd. Think it's overly harsh to judge him in a team bereft of confidence when he's coming on with that team already getting beat.

He's a player that needs support and he's a bit injury prone but he looks like he could be a top, top striker if given the chance. The fact McIntyre prefers Craig Curran after having money spent on you must be soul destroying for the lad.

Have just sent this to jnelms@dundeefc.co.uk

Dear Mr Nelms,

It is with a heavy heart that I find myself in the position of having to write this e-mail. 

I've been a Dundee fan for as long as I can remember. I've seen us play in cup finals (winning and losing), play in Europe, win promotion and secure tremendous results home and away, sometimes against all the odds. I've also seen relegation, cup exits to lower league teams, thumping defeats at home and away and two administrations.

However, I've never been more disheartened and disillusioned with the club than at present. We seem to be drifting aimlessly to relegation, with very little shown on the pitch to give any hope that we may be able to stage any kind of upturn in our playing fortunes.

I have to say that the blame for this lies fairly and squarely on the shoulders of the team manager. Mystifying team selections, baffling substitutions (or lack thereof) and post-match interviews that seem to leave us all wondering if he has been watching the same games as the rest of us, all contribute to the all-consuming sense of a doomed inevitability to the remainder of this season. I know that it is easy for fans to say that they would have picked this player or that formation or made that substitution or this tactical change, but I know of absolutely no Dundee fan, from either face-to-face or online contact, who has the slightest bit of confidence in the manager. I'm not saying that I know what I would do differently that would definitely give us a chance, but it has become clear to me that Mr McIntyre absolutely does not have the necessary skills to do this.

I take no pleasure in urging someone to be made unemployed, but I can see only positives from relieving him of his duties. Firstly, there is a chance that a new manager/management team would be able to change things up, either personnel-wise or tactics-wise for the final, crucial 4 (or maybe even, hopefully, 6) games of the season. Secondly, a new manager would have some competitive fixtures to assess the playing and coaching set-up for next season, rather than relying exclusively on pre-season friendlies.

Conversely, the dangers of not making a change are not just limited to almost certain relegation. There is a very real possibility that I, and no doubt hundreds (or even thousands) of other season ticket holders will not feel that it is worthwhile renewing their ticket for next season. The financial impact will compound the errors of this season and make it more difficult to push for promotion next season. There is also the, in my opinion, very real danger of following the example of Partick Thistle and making a poor start to next season and be more likely to exit the Championship downwards, rather than upwards. The most pressing danger, apart from relegation is that fans will, as I believe has already started, simply lose heart and stop actively following the club, as defeat follows defeat, poor play continues and the air of despondency lingers.

I hope that you and the Board of Directors will take the brave step of making a swift, decisive change to give us even the tiniest glimmer of hope for salvaging this season. I have absolutely no doubt that the manager has tried to do what he thought was best for the club, but I believe that tough choices have to be made, and made now. I hope that I can see Dundee FC playing Premiership football next season, and I hope that you agree with me that there is nothing more important at this stage than giving us a fighting chance throughout the next few weeks.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope it gives you an idea as to the deep-rooted love I have for the club and the desire I have to see us maintain our rightful place at Scottish football's top table.

Kind Regards,

I doubt it'll make a difference, but at least it feels like I'm doing something!!

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He came on against you lot when we were trailing in both games. Once 2-0 and yesterday just minutes before you got your 2nd. Think it's overly harsh to judge him in a team bereft of confidence when he's coming on with that team already getting beat.

He's a player that needs support and he's a bit injury prone but he looks like he could be a top, top striker if given the chance. The fact McIntyre prefers Craig Curran after having money spent on you must be soul destroying for the lad.

As I say, he got out muscled quite easily, had a poor touch which ended chances, and when he finally got through on goal, and had a free hit from 12 yards, couldn't even get it near the target.

But I've only seen about 30 minutes of him when your entire team has given up around him.

5 hours ago, srw said:

Miller is finished, its clear to see. He did have a wee patch earlier this season when he got a few goals, but generally he is gone. By all accounts, he is trouble behind the scenes, it happened at Rangers, Livingstone and now at Dens, he seems more interested in sucking up to Rangers on the BBC, than actually trying to be a footballer. I think he will call it a day at the end of the season, either retire completely, or ask to be released from his contract and move on.

Curran however is a never has been, did you see his shot in the first half, the pass back from 20 yards? A strategically placed bottle of water on the line would have saved it, and thats the best effort he has had in his time at Dens. The fact that he has another two years on his contract is nothing short of a monumental fvck up, its an absolute disgrace. I despise non scoring strikers, it shouldnt be a thing. I can handle strikers who create chances, who set up other players often, but his only attribute seems to be running into defenders. 

McIntyres contracts for his old Ross County buddies should see him binned, let alone everything else.

You’re spot on, particularly about the non scoring striker. Combine that with a pretty much non scoring midfield, I’m baffled by who our lunatic of a manager actually thinks is going to score. 

Consigned myself to relegation the minute I read, with disbelief at his appointment as manager. 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I say, he got out muscled quite easily, had a poor touch which ended chances, and when he finally got through on goal, and had a free hit from 12 yards, couldn't even get it near the target.

But I've only seen about 30 minutes of him when your entire team has given up around him.

How many times do you plan on re-stating things for us that you have already said even after it's been explained to you what the the problem with Nelson is?? The problem with Nelson is JM's management of him, and everyone else around him. 

I look forward to you re-stating again your thoughts on Nelsons performance yesterday.

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

Bored to tears in work today and couldn't remember exactly how we received the news of McIntyre's appointment.

Looks like the P&B Dees were more or less spot on about the decision and there were loads of posts warning us about him from County fans.

Very worrying if he gets the first few games in the Championship next season, the damage could be done early enough that we are in the same boat as this season with another new manager playing catch up.

Get him to f**k now.

I dont think we get any credit to be honest. Id say, that his appointment was around 99% destined to fail.

6 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

How many times do you plan on re-stating things for us that you have already said even after it's been explained to you what the the problem with Nelson is?? The problem with Nelson is JM's management of him, and everyone else around him. 

I look forward to you re-stating again your thoughts on Nelsons performance yesterday.

I mean, Nelson scored 4 goals in 6 months at Falkirk in the second tier, and done well in the English non-league football for Darlington.

Claiming he'll become a "top, top striker" based on a couple of games for you lot is just a bit bizarre, that's all.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, Nelson scored 4 goals in 6 months at Falkirk in the second tier, and done well in the English non-league football for Darlington.

Claiming he'll become a "top, top striker" based on a couple of games for you lot is just a bit bizarre, that's all.

Writing him off as a mere Championship lever striker based on 30 minutes worth of action is even more bizarre tbh.

16 minutes ago, Dele said:

Was it not only yesterday you were singing Nelson's praises, RandomGuy? 

No? I think all I've said is he looks like he could be decent for you next season as he seemed to do well for Falkirk in that league.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Writing him off as a mere Championship lever striker based on 30 minutes worth of action is even more bizarre tbh.

His career as a whole so far points to that level, tbh.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No? I think all I've said is he looks like he could be decent for you next season as he seemed to do well for Falkirk in that league.

His career as a whole so far points to that level, tbh.

Callum Hendry's whole career points to him being a League One striker then since he scored 1 in 12 for Brechin.

What a lot of shite you talk.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Callum Hendry's whole career points to him being a League One striker then since he scored 1 in 12 for Brechin.

What a lot of shite you talk.

Well yes, two goals against your rabble of a defence doesnt change that, and ideally he'd be loaned out to a lower level again next season to prove himself.

Sadly, Chris Kane, an absolutely prolific scorer in the same division Nelson scored 4 in 12 in, is so fucking hopeless we've no choice but to play Hendry.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well yes, two goals against your rabble of a defence doesnt change that, and ideally he'd be loaned out to a lower level again next season to prove himself.

Sadly, Chris Kane, an absolutely prolific scorer in the same division Nelson scored 4 in 12 in, is so fucking hopeless we've no choice but to play Hendry.

So what about Andrew Nelson's 4 goals in 5 starts for the worst team in the league suggests he isn't cut out for top flight football?

Ah yes, he miscontrolled a couple of passes when he came on as a sub when we were getting beat in your only 30 minutes of actually watching him.

As I said, what a lot of shite.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So what about Andrew Nelson's 4 goals in 5 starts for the worst team in the league suggests he isn't cut out for top flight football?

Ah yes, he miscontrolled a couple of passes when he came on as a sub when we were getting beat in your only 30 minutes of actually watching him.

As I said, what a lot of shite.

Strikers often have random purple patches. Hes got 4 goals in 400 minutes, Chris Kane had 2 goals in under180 just a few months ago.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Strikers often have random purple patches. Hes got 4 goals in 400 minutes, Chris Kane had 2 goals in under180 just a few months ago.

And? I'm not the one commenting on his ability. I said he could prove to be a top striker if he gets a chance. You've said he's not good enough for the top flight. There's a key difference between those 2 statements - in mines, he could easily still turn out to be a dud. In yours, you've passed judgement ludicrously after watching a mere 30 minutes.

If I didn't think you were at it, I'd say you were thick as f**k.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

And? I'm not the one commenting on his ability. I said he could prove to be a top striker if he gets a chance. You've said he's not good enough for the top flight. There's a key difference between those 2 statements - in mines, he could easily still turn out to be a dud. In yours, you've passed judgement ludicrously after watching a mere 30 minutes.

This season has honed my ability to spot a striker who simply wont score goals at this level. 

He'll have a Gavin Reilly career.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, thick, and absolutely fucking tedious.

3 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Have just sent this to jnelms@dundeefc.co.uk

Dear Mr Nelms,

It is with a heavy heart that I find myself in the position of having to write this e-mail. 

I've been a Dundee fan for as long as I can remember. I've seen us play in cup finals (winning and losing), play in Europe, win promotion and secure tremendous results home and away, sometimes against all the odds. I've also seen relegation, cup exits to lower league teams, thumping defeats at home and away and two administrations.

However, I've never been more disheartened and disillusioned with the club than at present. We seem to be drifting aimlessly to relegation, with very little shown on the pitch to give any hope that we may be able to stage any kind of upturn in our playing fortunes.

I have to say that the blame for this lies fairly and squarely on the shoulders of the team manager. Mystifying team selections, baffling substitutions (or lack thereof) and post-match interviews that seem to leave us all wondering if he has been watching the same games as the rest of us, all contribute to the all-consuming sense of a doomed inevitability to the remainder of this season. I know that it is easy for fans to say that they would have picked this player or that formation or made that substitution or this tactical change, but I know of absolutely no Dundee fan, from either face-to-face or online contact, who has the slightest bit of confidence in the manager. I'm not saying that I know what I would do differently that would definitely give us a chance, but it has become clear to me that Mr McIntyre absolutely does not have the necessary skills to do this.

I take no pleasure in urging someone to be made unemployed, but I can see only positives from relieving him of his duties. Firstly, there is a chance that a new manager/management team would be able to change things up, either personnel-wise or tactics-wise for the final, crucial 4 (or maybe even, hopefully, 6) games of the season. Secondly, a new manager would have some competitive fixtures to assess the playing and coaching set-up for next season, rather than relying exclusively on pre-season friendlies.

Conversely, the dangers of not making a change are not just limited to almost certain relegation. There is a very real possibility that I, and no doubt hundreds (or even thousands) of other season ticket holders will not feel that it is worthwhile renewing their ticket for next season. The financial impact will compound the errors of this season and make it more difficult to push for promotion next season. There is also the, in my opinion, very real danger of following the example of Partick Thistle and making a poor start to next season and be more likely to exit the Championship downwards, rather than upwards. The most pressing danger, apart from relegation is that fans will, as I believe has already started, simply lose heart and stop actively following the club, as defeat follows defeat, poor play continues and the air of despondency lingers.

I hope that you and the Board of Directors will take the brave step of making a swift, decisive change to give us even the tiniest glimmer of hope for salvaging this season. I have absolutely no doubt that the manager has tried to do what he thought was best for the club, but I believe that tough choices have to be made, and made now. I hope that I can see Dundee FC playing Premiership football next season, and I hope that you agree with me that there is nothing more important at this stage than giving us a fighting chance throughout the next few weeks.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope it gives you an idea as to the deep-rooted love I have for the club and the desire I have to see us maintain our rightful place at Scottish football's top table.

Kind Regards,

I doubt it'll make a difference, but at least it feels like I'm doing something!!

Image result for applause gif