All things Dundee FC

To be fair to McIntyre yesterday, Kenny Miller was continuously giving the ball away in midfield when he dropped in. What made this worse was the fact that the rest of the midfield pushed on and on 4/5 occasions he played an easy pass straight to a saints player who had a clear run at the defence. I mean Curran should have been sent off, but at least he wasn’t setting up our chances.

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

To be fair to McIntyre yesterday, Kenny Miller was continuously giving the ball away in midfield when he dropped in. What made this worse was the fact that the rest of the midfield pushed on and on 4/5 occasions he played an easy pass straight to a saints player who had a clear run at the defence. I mean Curran should have been sent off, but at least he wasn’t setting up our chances.

Miller is finished, its clear to see. He did have a wee patch earlier this season when he got a few goals, but generally he is gone. By all accounts, he is trouble behind the scenes, it happened at Rangers, Livingstone and now at Dens, he seems more interested in sucking up to Rangers on the BBC, than actually trying to be a footballer. I think he will call it a day at the end of the season, either retire completely, or ask to be released from his contract and move on.

Curran however is a never has been, did you see his shot in the first half, the pass back from 20 yards? A strategically placed bottle of water on the line would have saved it, and thats the best effort he has had in his time at Dens. The fact that he has another two years on his contract is nothing short of a monumental fvck up, its an absolute disgrace. I despise non scoring strikers, it shouldnt be a thing. I can handle strikers who create chances, who set up other players often, but his only attribute seems to be running into defenders. 

McIntyres contracts for his old Ross County buddies should see him binned, let alone everything else.

So who would we keep right now from who we have? I'd be happy keeping Nelson (so long as he's not fucking injured), Ralph, Dieng (although he'll be off anyway) and maybe Wright (likewise). I'd also reckon bringing back O'Sullivan on loan to be a good investment, and I still like Gowser, the wee one that is. Everybody else can piss off to wherever for all I care. Get a coach who has done it before and can martial a team, get the right signings in and THEN I'll feel good about next season.

54 minutes ago, srw said:

Miller is finished, its clear to see. He did have a wee patch earlier this season when he got a few goals, but generally he is gone. By all accounts, he is trouble behind the scenes, it happened at Rangers, Livingstone and now at Dens, he seems more interested in sucking up to Rangers on the BBC, than actually trying to be a footballer. I think he will call it a day at the end of the season, either retire completely, or ask to be released from his contract and move on.

Curran however is a never has been, did you see his shot in the first half, the pass back from 20 yards? A strategically placed bottle of water on the line would have saved it, and thats the best effort he has had in his time at Dens. The fact that he has another two years on his contract is nothing short of a monumental fvck up, its an absolute disgrace. I despise non scoring strikers, it shouldnt be a thing. I can handle strikers who create chances, who set up other players often, but his only attribute seems to be running into defenders. 

McIntyres contracts for his old Ross County buddies should see him binned, let alone everything else.

Let me guess; Craig Curran runs about a lot and occasionally looks like he'll get sent off, which at least is something.  Initially he looks like a shot in the arm, but after a while his endeavour doesn't make up for the fact that he's only good for about six goals per season.  When you're down to ten men, he'll do a job wide on the right and it's worse than having nobody there at all.

The only thing missing from that is he hasn't been out for three months with another concussion yet.

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Let me guess; Craig Curran runs about a lot and occasionally looks like he'll get sent off, which at least is something.  Initially he looks like a shot in the arm, but after a while his endeavour doesn't make up for the fact that he's only good for about six goals per season.  When you're down to ten men, he'll do a job wide on the right and it's worse than having nobody there at all.

The only thing missing from that is he hasn't been out for three months with another concussion yet.

6 goals, you must have had him at his peak.

Want him back, please..

I'm beginning to think that our perpetual shiteness is some sort of super- infection which unless everyone involved including the management up to Nelms' level is binned will be passed on by and through any remaining nae-users.

30 minutes ago, srw said:

6 goals, you must have had him at his peak.

Want him back, please..

We had him with Liam Boyce.  

I'll take him back, certainly, but you're stuck with Curran for the next two years.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:04, Dee Man said:

Fucking hell.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:07, Yenitit said:

Jim fuckin McIntyre. Fair to say I’m no fuckin happy. That fat p***k Dodds better no be anywhere near our club. 

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:09, Louis Litt said:

The board meeting up today to look over candidates was clearly bullshit then. 

I'll support him, obviously, but it's not exactly inspiring.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:10, Fifespud said:

I’m quite pleased with that. I’ll give him a chance anyway.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:11, MarbellaDEE said:

Time to get behind the boy on Saturday and hope for the best. Strap in boys it’s going to be a bumpy ride 

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:13, rodallegabombs said:

Well my cautious optimism lasted a day....

I’ll support him and I do think he’ll keep us up. But it’s not inspiring.

Meh

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:13, K.T said:

ARAB b*****d

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:14, dd23 said:

Last I saw him mentioned was in not getting the job over the road.
How enormously uninspiring.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:15, RossBFaeDundee said:

And there was me hoping we wouldn't be the joke of the Premiership for even 24 hours lol..... fucking christ. I don't think Jim is the worst possible hire, but it is the most deflating and defeating one probably.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:15, Spikethedee said:

FFS

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:16, Crawford said:

We all wanted another manager and we got one. Stop bitching and get behind the man and the team. 

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:19, srw said:

Stupid fucking appointment, he is a boring twat who failed with a big budget.

Doods better not get a job, that c**t can f**k right off.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:25, Ludo*1 said:

If Dodds is anywhere near the club, I won't be back. I'll still follow from a far, but the club won't be receiving a single penny from me.

I'm unimpressed with Jim McIntyre as is.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:30, Dundee-FC92 said:

I will not be going back after this.

Until McIntyre leaves I will be signing out this site.

Thank you and farewell.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:31, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Awful fucking appointment.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:35, G_Man1985 said:

This is class. These owners are at the wind up.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 19:42, johnnydun said:

Yes he is a DAB

Yes he is pals with Dodds 

Yes he is meh

However, he is still an improvement on McCann.

Bored to tears in work today and couldn't remember exactly how we received the news of McIntyre's appointment.

Looks like the P&B Dees were more or less spot on about the decision and there were loads of posts warning us about him from County fans.

Very worrying if he gets the first few games in the Championship next season, the damage could be done early enough that we are in the same boat as this season with another new manager playing catch up.

Get him to f**k now.

I can only judge him against us, but he looks a Championship striker. Miscontrolled a few balls and, when he had a free unchallenged shot from 12 yards, missed the target by about 6 yards wide.
Probably has the pace to cause bother against centre halves who cant anticipate movement that well.
Tbf his biggest issue is not having enough game time - it's hard to be sharp if your manager keeps putting you on the bench.

When he has started games he has over the piece been our most dangerous player.

Bored to tears in work today and couldn't remember exactly how we received the news of McIntyre's appointment.

Looks like the P&B Dees were more or less spot on about the decision and there were loads of posts warning us about him from County fans.

Very worrying if he gets the first few games in the Championship next season, the damage could be done early enough that we are in the same boat as this season with another new manager playing catch up.

Get him to f**k now.
I hate being proved right here but it's clear we had more knowledge than Nelms regards this appointment.