All things Dundee FC

Miller is fucking mince.

I have fully accepted that we will be relegated and go straight down with thankfully no chance of a play off against the DABs. 

I am not looking forward however to getting relegated by Mckinnon and Imrie at Dens in 2 weeks. 

McIntyre can get to f**k. The worst manager I have seen at my club, a lot worse than Kernaghan and McCann. The football on show is utter dog shite. How are we meant to encourage youngsters to support us when we have this dross on show every week? I love my club and will always support my club but I will not support the people that are clearly not right for my club. 

What an absolute shambles. 3 seasons of decline presided over by our own Nero Nelms. Asking people to part with hard earned cash to ruin their weekend week in week out.

Where has that business model proved successful?

Nelms is some boy though, he scoured the available useless to find someone who has made Dundee fans think that the worst manager in the league, after a season and a half of torture, wasn't actually that bad.

If there's no realistic scenario where Nelms goes then he needs to be kept the f**k away from pitch-related matters. Leave him to the business side of things. If we need some sort fo "Director of Football" in then fine, as long as it's someone who actually knows what he's doing.

As for a Manager, if McIntyre is still there come next season we certainly won't be coming up. Any of our younger fans who think we'll scoosh the Championship next season are probably too young to remember the few seasons after 2005. For a more recent example, look at Partick. They were relegated with better stats than us and face another drop into the third tier. Nelms' (assuming he's still involved) next managerial appointment is crucial. He's made a complete c**t of the last two. 

The playing squad is fucking horrific. I wouldn't back that lot to come up even with a decent manager. Pea-hearted shite throughout. 

We're probably keeping McIntyre for the final games.

We have him on a one year rolling contract. Get him through the final games, appoint someone else and ask them what they want.

Then send Him on gardening leave and cancel the contract before the start of the season. Will probably save a few pennies.

On the plus side though no other club should have to think about McIntyre again. He has well and truly fucked his career.

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

We have him on a one year rolling contract. Get him through the final games, appoint someone else and ask them what they want.

Then send Him on gardening leave and cancel the contract before the start of the season. Will probably save a few pennies.

On the plus side though no other club should have to think about McIntyre again. He has well and truly fucked his career.

McIntyre was desperate to get back into management.  

He was looked over by United who obviously didn’t think he was good enough for them but we still hand him a one year rolling contract!

He certainly seems to have. What should also definitely be in question is the suitability for a role of a man who's last two appointments have been such disasters that the men in question will be lucky to ever be offered a similar post again.

23 minutes ago, Crawford said:

We won't save anything. He's on a one year rolling deal. He has one year to run today the same as he had one year when he signed it. 

It'll cost the club more to keep him than it will to give him his £100,000 or whatever and get him on the scrapheap. 

For what it's worth, I think McIntyre might do okay in the Championship. He usually plays with wingers, and the standard of full back in the league below is downright awful.   It's likely that he'll resign if you go down - the guy's not a complete arsehole - but if he doesn't, there's an opportunity to release all the dross (he himself, I daresay, signed) that Dundee are currently lumbered with.  And if your chairman is willing to bring in new faces at the same time and get someone to score 15-20 goals per season, you'll be streets ahead of most teams in the division.  

Then again, whatever happens you'll have the chance to warn another team's fans about Martin Woods.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

For what it's worth, I think McIntyre might do okay in the Championship. He usually plays with wingers, and the standard of full back in the league below is downright awful.   It's likely that he'll resign if you go down - the guy's not a complete arsehole - but if he doesn't, there's an opportunity to release all the dross (he himself, I daresay, signed) that Dundee are currently lumbered with.  And if your chairman is willing to bring in new faces at the same time and get someone to score 15-20 goals per season, you'll be streets ahead of most teams in the division.  

Then again, whatever happens you'll have the chance to warn another team's fans about Martin Woods.

Tbf they've got Nelson, who seemed to score regularly for Falkirk down there.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf they've got Nelson, who seemed to score regularly for Falkirk down there.

Didn't realise that.  Decent signing for a Championship team.  Not entirely convinced he'd do much a division up, though.  That's what the team coming down has to do though - sign the best of the rest from the Championship to supplement the squad which is minus the overpaid dross. 

18 minutes ago, Dele said:

We won't save anything. He's on a one year rolling deal. He has one year to run today the same as he had one year when he signed it. 

It'll cost the club more to keep him than it will to give him his £100,000 or whatever and get him on the scrapheap. 

Surely it's 1 year from when he signed the deal, until the date it is up for renewal?

I don't know his exact contract other than it was reported as a one year rolling.

If what you say is the case then sure bin him now, but I've never heard of a deal that would always have one year to run.

Why anyone would sign that is beyond me. It could also be dismissed as an unfair term I'd imagine.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Didn't realise that.  Decent signing for a Championship team.  Not entirely convinced he'd do much a division up, though.  That's what the team coming down has to do though - sign the best of the rest from the Championship to supplement the squad which is minus the overpaid dross. 

I can only judge him against us, but he looks a Championship striker. Miscontrolled a few balls and, when he had a free unchallenged shot from 12 yards, missed the target by about 6 yards wide.

Probably has the pace to cause bother against centre halves who cant anticipate movement that well.

12 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Surely it's 1 year from when he signed the deal, until the date it is up for renewal?

I don't know his exact contract other than it was reported as a one year rolling.

If what you say is the case then sure bin him now, but I've never heard of a deal that would always have one year to run.

Why anyone would sign that is beyond me. It could also be dismissed as an unfair term I'd imagine.

Most managers are on rolling contracts, given the fleeting nature of the game.  From the manager's point of view, it's the most secure contract they could sign.  From a club's point of view, they're in a position to offer job security while cutting down on year-on-year salary increases.  Win-win.  If you think about it, if you had a rolling contract at your work, you'd most likely be delighted.  There's nothing unfair about it as both parties have agreed to it and the exact amount of notice required has been stipulated.

A rolling contract basically means that every morning he wakes up, he's got a year left on his contract.  Or a year's notice of it not being renewed. 

There has to be something up with Nelson fitness wise. There's no way he would be 3rd choice striker behind Kenny Miller and the non-scoring striker that is Craig Curran if he was fully fit. He's only getting half an hour for a reason.

I just hope the arthritis rumour is a load of shite. 

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Most managers are on rolling contracts, given the fleeting nature of the game.  From the manager's point of view, it's the most secure contract they could sign.  From a club's point of view, they're in a position to offer job security while cutting down on year-on-year salary increases.  Win-win.  If you think about it, if you had a rolling contract at your work, you'd most likely be delighted.  There's nothing unfair about it as both parties have agreed to it and the exact amount of notice required has been stipulated.

A rolling contract basically means that every morning he wakes up, he's got a year left on his contract.  Or a year's notice of it not being renewed. 

Ah okay. Cheers for that. The more you know :lol:

I think we have following signed for next year?

• Hamilton
  • Ralph, Davies, Meekings
  • Todd
  • Nelson, Miller, Curran

Theres only two there that Id want to keep, Ralph & Nelson, summer is going to to be massive.

Can a new manager push for promotion, or will McIntyre relegate us twice FFS. Without a doubt the worse period supporting us.

Todd's a good signing tbh.

It's easy to say with hindsight but the decision to drop Kenny Miller for Curran has been a disaster.

Kenny Miller was scoring regularly - Hibs away, Rangers at home and a Hatrick versus Hamilton around the same time come to mind.

He was then sent out of the first team for a player who has contributed 0 goals. We all knew C.Curran was up there to do Donkey work but a striker is there to score at the end of the day.

Yesterday's substituion of Nelson for K.Miller was the final straw in the Craig Curran Clusterfuck. If we need a goal you simply have to keep Miller on ahead of Curran and I'd be expecting stevie wonder to beable to see that.

As it is C.Curran will probably be more effective in the championship against the cloggers. That's what we need to do now - build a team of cloggers to get us out that division.

Don't bring in a manager who wants us to play like Barcelona - bring in someone who can get a filthy arsehole squad together and drop the reputation of the joke club we rightly own.

Thank you.