All things Dundee FC

Wee Dundee quiz I found I'd made on my computer several year ago (Probably shared it on here at the time). Added a couple of questions to it this morning. Have a bash:

1. When Jim Lauchlan was on trial at the club, who was the other trialist vying for a deal in the same position?

2. Which Trinidadian goalkeeper did Ivano Bonetti bring to the club on a loan deal?

3. Which English centre half did we sign up in 2006 and had previously played in Scotland for Livingston and Motherwell?

4. Which now-former Brechin City manager were we denied permission to speak to before we appointed Jocky Scott as manager for the third time?

5. In David Farrell's short stint as caretaker manager, what was the name of the Italian striker he brought in on trial?

6. Which two former Dundee players did Alex Rae turn down after having them on trial?

7.  Which French midfield maestro formerly of Hearts was also turned down by Alex Rae during this period?

8.  Which 6'6 goalkeeper that played in a World Cup and was later sentenced to a 5 and a half year prison sentence for match fixing (2012) had a failed trial with us in the Bonetti era?

9. Who is the trialist in the photo below?

kitambala-e1472047099801.jpg

10. Which Croatian trialist threw a hissy fit on Twitter about Neil McCann's decision not to sign him?

11. Who is the following trialist?

Crescendo-van-Berkel-728x575.jpg

12. Finally, who is the following trialist?

Kieron+Cadogan+Morecambe+v+Dundee+Pre+Se

2. Kelvin Jack

3. Michael O'Neil

6. One of them was Kiki Torres

12. Cardogan? 

Very difficult quiz...some names on the tip of my tounge. Been trying to remember the name of that ex hearts French winger- driving me nuts !

6 minutes ago, mungo said:

2. Kelvin Jack

3. Michael O'Neil

6. One of them was Kiki Torres

12. Cardogan? 

Very difficult quiz...some names on the tip of my tounge. Been trying to remember the name of that ex hearts French winger- driving me nuts !

3 is correct. 6 is partially correct with Kiko Torres and 12 is also correct, Kieron Cadogan.

Jack was signed by Duffy.

I'll let others have a go and if it hasn't been finished off, I'll post the rest of the answers up later on tonight.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

The 'keeper was Clayton Ince. 

The Italian question comes up every Dundee quiz and I can never remember his name. 

Croatian was Stipe Plazibat. What a guy he was. 

Other than those three, I was stumped. 

Spot on with those two.

Scot Gardiner once told me at hospitality that we had a top class striker lined up to sign the day before but the manager of the club he was at had pulled the plug at the last minute. It might have been a half decent story if he was prepared to tell me the name of the player or the club. The fact that it was almost certainly a lie didn't help matters either. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

3 is correct. 6 is partially correct with Kiko Torres and 12 is also correct, Kieron Cadogan.

Jack was signed by Duffy.

I'll let others have a go and if it hasn't been finished off, I'll post the rest of the answers up later on tonight.

Should I set my alarm for November?

20 minutes ago, punk_dfc said:

French ex-Hearts player was Valois

Cracking shout. I kept saying Aguiar in my head for some reason. 

Only he's not French. 

Nor could we ever afford him. *

*When did that ever stop us, lulz. 

Right lads, answers are:

1. George Santos

2. Clayton Ince

3. Greg Strong.

4. Michael O'Neil.

5. Fabio Vignaroli 

6. Brent Sancho & Kiko Torres.

7. Jean Lois Valois.

8. Jiang Jang