All things Dundee FC

I much prefer this one is one thing you cannot say about major honours won by your club.

I mean this is the Dundee thread, so maybe you should move this inane drivel out of here, but Jesus in a sea of thick United posters you’ve managed to catapult yourself to damn well near the top. You’ve gone full Lorraine....

Anyway, Dundee fans, the parallels with Archibald’s Partick Thistle are quite startling, if you do go down, what’s the plan? McIntyre sounds like he’s staying so do you trust him with cash (can’t say with any confidence he can be trusted) or do you cut the budget and hope you’ve got some decent youngsters to pull you back up? Or in the event United stay down (more than likely) will you’re owners be relishing this as extra money to fund the new stadium?

As has been said before, hindsight is a great thing, but, if McIntyre had a brain cell, he would have played five at the back from day 1, and shit-fested every single game (same as against the celtic) he brought in players with pace that could hit teams on the counter attack, but no, let's play formation tombola every fucking week. Now, or the end of the season, this clown needs binned.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

I mean this is the Dundee thread, so maybe you should move this inane drivel out of here, but Jesus in a sea of thick United posters you’ve managed to catapult yourself to damn well near the top. You’ve gone full Lorraine....

Anyway, Dundee fans, the parallels with Archibald’s Partick Thistle are quite startling, if you do go down, what’s the plan? McIntyre sounds like he’s staying so do you trust him with cash (can’t say with any confidence he can be trusted) or do you cut the budget and hope you’ve got some decent youngsters to pull you back up? Or in the event United stay down (more than likely) will you’re owners be relishing this as extra money to fund the new stadium?

McIntyre In = Me Out.

If he stays beyond the end of the season once were relegated I won’t attend another game until he’s binned. If he goes, I will seriously consider getting a season ticket regardless of what league we’re in.

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

McIntyre In = Me Out.

If he stays beyond the end of the season once were relegated I won’t attend another game until he’s binned. If he goes, I will seriously consider getting a season ticket regardless of what league we’re in.

I said that about McCann.

Didn't renew my season ticket and attended individual games here and there with the kids.

Getting one for next year though. I imagine the war chest could do with a few quid wether we stay up or go down.

If we are in the championship, at least it won't be a survival fight. Could even be exciting.

I said that about McCann.
Didn't renew my season ticket and attended individual games here and there with the kids.
Getting one for next year though. I imagine the war chest could do with a few quid wether we stay up or go down.
If we are in the championship, at least it won't be a survival fight. Could even be exciting.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that final paragraph - especially if McIndire is still in charge.

There's a lot of negativity on here, which I understand, but as a Saints fan I'm still nervous. You looked ok and decent going forward from the highlights of Saturday, but seemed to collapse a bit after Aberdeen scored. But - the next lot of games are against poorer sides than Aberdeen, three of whom have nothing to play for. Its far from over. Just hope we don't need anything from our trip to Dens on the last day!

Just now, RossDee01 said:

At least you could see McCann had an idea - it maybe didn’t work too well but at least you could see what he was trying. McIndire’s only idea is no idea.

I’m afraid McCann was arrogant and deluded.  I believe he said on Sky Sports recently that the keeper rolling the ball out to the full back is just inviting pressure onto the defence!

5 hours ago, NEFarab said:

Think you lot should be more worried about the magic money tree you’ll need to bankroll the ground than any access to the site. 

the ground is nothing to do with Dundee fc or any money invoved with Dundee fc....

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

At least you could see McCann had an idea - it maybe didn’t work too well but at least you could see what he was trying. McIndire’s only idea is no idea.

Still not sure what he was trying to achieve with those last 2 starting 11’s. 

Gut wrenching when I read his appointment on our twitter account. Gutted it’s played out how I feared. 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

There's a lot of negativity on here, which I understand, but as a Saints fan I'm still nervous. You looked ok and decent going forward from the highlights of Saturday, but seemed to collapse a bit after Aberdeen scored. But - the next lot of games are against poorer sides than Aberdeen, three of whom have nothing to play for. Its far from over. Just hope we don't need anything from our trip to Dens on the last day!

Have you factored in McIntyre to your thoughts?

59 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Sent the email to Nelms three days ago, still no reply.

Here’s the reply I got when I e mailed the board advising them that if Dodds signed I wouldn’t be back at Dens until after he had left.  After a run of 7 defeats in a row which, has included playing the then bottom team, the board don’t seem willing to even consider McIntyre’s position.  Frightening!

Dear xxxxxxxx

John has asked me to reply to your email on his behalf.  He has taken note of your comments and can assure you that these will be taken into account in any decision the Board makes.

Thank you for your continued support.

Kind regards

Pam

Pam Rodgers

PA to Managing Director & Management Team

Edited by Shadow Play

You looked ok and decent going forward from the highlights of Saturday, but seemed to collapse a bit after Aberdeen scored.

At this point we cant score in a barrel of fannies, also 95% of our matches going behind first we have collapsed with livi and hibs being the only exception that I’ve seen.