All things Dundee FC

21 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

emoji413.png | The SPFL have released the post split fixtures this afternoon #thedee

April 20 - St. Johnstone, Away, 3pm
April 27 - Motherwell, Away, 3pm
May 4 - Hamilton Accies, Home, 3pm
May 11 - Livingston, Away, 3pm
May 18 - St. Mirren, Home, 12.30pm (Live on BT Sport)

Suppose the good news is you've got both your main rivals at home. Three away games against the 3 better teams is harsh though!

Quick prediction:
St J (a) - no points
Well (a) - no points
Accies (h) - no points
Livi (a) - no points
St M (h) - no points

Looking good....

Nah we’ll be down by the last two. Then we will find our form and pump Livi and The Maureen’s, leading to optimism in the ranks. This will lead to Nelms giving McIntyre free reign to cause havoc in the summer and lead to us meandering to a salty 6th place finish in the Championship under new player-manager Kenny Miller (appointed Nov. 28 2019).

Thank You.

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Suppose the good news is you've got both your main rivals at home. Three away games against the 3 better teams is harsh though!

Was probably the best run of fixtures we could’ve hoped for with only 2 home games left. Pretty shit we’ve had to play 2 of the bottom 6 away 3 times tho, although we’d probably lose them anyway!

25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Considering Dens is our bogey ground it gives us our best chance at some points.

No chance.

Thank you.

17 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

...........Angus Cook started the downfall imo, firstly selling John Brown in January '88 when we looked on course to qualify for the UEFA Cup - obviously we then had a total arse collapse and finished 7th or something.......

If I remember correctly Brown was sold to Rangers just before the derby.  If we won that game we were well clear of United.  There were at least a couple of free kicks on the edge of the box that game.  The type of free kick that Brown usually took.  I’m sure the younger fans on here can all work out the rest!

7 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I doubt they’re guaging the fans thoughts either. Mind you if they did McIntyre wouldn’t have ever been at the club, we would’ve avoided the Billy Dodds fiasco and we would actually have held on for a couple of weeks to see who’d applied for the manager’s job and go through an interview process. All to fuckin easy for our basket case of a club of course  

An absolute certainty that if and when Dim McIntyre gets punted he'll blame the results on not being able to bring in Dodds. 

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

An absolute certainty that if and when Dim McIntyre gets punted he'll blame the results on not being able to bring in Dodds. 

Even worse will be the media spin, who will say that Dundee fans' refusal of Dodds got them relegated, and will make out that you're all wee petty fannies who put spite over survival (as if Dodds is some sort of wildly successful and widely respected coach who would definitely have got you the points to stay up).

Nonsense of course, but that's how it will be reported.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Even worse will be the media spin, who will say that Dundee fans' refusal of Dodds got them relegated, and will make out that you're all wee petty fannies who put spite over survival (as if Dodds is some sort of wildly successful and widely respected coach who would definitely have got you the points to stay up).

Nonsense of course, but that's how it will be reported.

Is Doddsy a coach anywhere just now?

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

You watching? County look fucking dreadful. They're top of the league. How?

By the comments of some fans, it's been one of the worst Championships in terms of quality in a while. I also get the impression County are hamstrung by inept managers, and the squads overall quality is dragging them past that barrier.

Considering how dreadful you lot looked on Wednesday though, I wouldnt expect you to beat these teams. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

By the comments of some fans, it's been one of the worst Championships in terms of quality in a while. I also get the impression County are hamstrung by inept managers, and the squads overall quality is dragging them past that barrier.

Considering how dreadful you lot looked on Wednesday though, I wouldnt expect you to beat these teams. 

I wouldn't expect you to beat an egg.

We've been pish recently, that's a given, but it's the same squad nearly held Celtic for 96 minutes.

We needed those points but we face Hamilton and St Mirren again each. Were not massively adrift either.

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I wouldn't expect you to beat an egg.

We've been pish recently, that's a given, but it's the same squad nearly held Celtic for 96 minutes.

We needed those points but we face Hamilton and St Mirren again each. Were not massively adrift either.

You held Celtic by camping inside your own box, it's hardly as if it was some incredible quality that got you there, just basic shitfest tactics and poor finishing.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You held Celtic by camping inside your own box, it's hardly as if it was some incredible quality that got you there, just basic shitfest tactics and poor finishing.

Right? Ugly shitfest tactics that showed when it mattered we could defend.

I would rather draw ugly than bleed points to the teams in the bottoms six and those that are equally as desperate us.