All things Dundee FC

Was not at the game so cannot make any egregious comments at the mo - watching the game back on Alba as a Saturday night treat... just before I drown my sorrows.

Can anyone at the game tell me if the tactical lineup shown on Alba was the one employed in the game with Nelson in a midfield 3 ? Should be a sacking offence immediately if that's the case of McIntyre sticking our most potent threat in that quagmire of a midfield. 

Club close to melt down here. Relegation is never good but all the financing of new stadiums linked to a stable squad that stays up? Fucked right now barring a playoff win.
Implications far worse than just dropping down.

IMG_0765.jpg

21 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Club close to melt down here. Relegation is never good but all the financing of new stadiums linked to a stable squad that stays up? Fucked right now barring a playoff win.

Implications far worse than just dropping down.

Where are you getting that from?

Nelms has openly said that it doesn't matter which league we're in they'd still be pushing ahead with the stadium.

Just now, Dele said:

Where are you getting that from?

Nelms has openly said that it doesn't matter which league we're in they'd still be pushing ahead with the stadium.

Getting it from me to be honest. Nelms might say that but as a business man he has to keep a certain visible front.  Financially relegation cant be in his plan. He set McCann a challenge of a stable squad.  This squad is fucked.  If we spend more than 1 year down you really think he spends that money on a stadium for watching Morton and Dunfermline?

I don't.

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

I don't think they build it right now. The business plan is linked to the team. This is a sports business.  American sports business.

You want to LOL on you go.

Jesus Christ this is depressing lads.

Save your ire for the team rather than wasting it on such a pointless argument.

5 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

I don't think they build it right now. The business plan is linked to the team. This is a sports business.  American sports business.

You want to LOL on you go.

I will, yes. You're trying to scaremonger. The MD has repeatedly said the stadium goes ahead with or without Dundee being in the top flight. 

Its their building, we are just tenants. Same as now, only a fancier house. Oh, we can't fill it?* They'll find more folk to rent it to. Simple as that. 

Relegation has many repercussions, the club 'melting down' and many more implications? Bitch, plz.

Edited by Dele

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I will, yes. You're trying to scaremonger. The MD has repeatedly said the stadium goes ahead with or without Dundee being in the top flight. 

Its their building, we are just tenants. Same as now, only a fancier house. Oh, we can't fill it?* They'll find more folk to rent it to. Simple as that. 

Relegation has many repercussions, the club 'melting down' and many more implications? Bitch, plz.

If you think that there you go. I don't know about you but I am old enough to have witnessed serious melt downs. Real ones. The kind that leave a business holed below the waterline.  You want to go with statements from the boardroom on you go. I remember similar.  

Bitch.

Just now, Meeniedee said:

the new stadium will be of very little benefit to Dundee fc financially...….they hope to make money renting it out for gigs etc..

Absolutely. 

But no, we'll never do it because Morton and Dunfermline. What we need is Hamilton and Livi.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I couldn't give a flying f**k about a new stadium right now.

It seems clear to me that Nelms has the square root of f**k all knowledge about appointing a good football manager.

That's the real problem.

Exactly.  The business plan does not match the squad plan.  And the squad is what makes 'Dundee FC'. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I couldn't give a flying f**k about a new stadium right now.

It seems clear to me that Nelms has the square root of f**k all knowledge about appointing a good football manager.

That's the real problem.

Correct.  If Nelms is still around to appoint McIntyre’s replacement stand by for Niall McGinn being announced as our new player manager*

*with a press conference taking place about a week later for Nelms to state he had no idea McGinn wasn’t popular with the Dundee support.

Nelson was playing up front and was a rare bright spot. When he occasionally got on the ball he looked dangerous. That was the worst performance since Livi away at the start of the JM regime. It was like the early goal worked against us, we shat the bed and it galvanised St Mirren. Remarkably, and it would appear singularly, I’m not giving up hope.
However I do believe relegation could have further reaching, scarier consequences. No matter what any American says or has said. Oh and Martin Wood’s is a complete and utter c**t.

how grim is it that we now desperately need to take points in the next 2 games from 2 sides we are fucking rubbish against....st mirren beat Hamilton next week and by god we can be 5 away from the playoffs and 6 away from safety......fucking grim indeed.

10 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

how grim is it that we now desperately need to take points in the next 2 games from 2 sides we are fucking rubbish against....st mirren beat Hamilton next week and by god we can be 5 away from the playoffs and 6 away from safety......fucking grim indeed.

It would be a very strange fixture list if our next two games were against teams we were good against :lol:

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

It would be a very strange fixture list if our next two games were against teams we were good against :lol:

indeed....broty under 14s and Dundee united would be too much to ask for at this stage of the season

Where did you ever think we were gonna finish 10th so comfortably?
I sometimes wonder if I watch different games when it comes to Dundee.
Surely it wasnt because of January that you thought this managed has a clue in what's going on ?
Twice dundee have had a big support to paisley and twice we have left disappointed.
We have a week left to get season ticket money in for next season. ( cant remember what price they were offering).

Would love to know already how many have signed up to it.

Was hearing today that the paying up option is gone. ST sales will be dire.