All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Nelson apparently back in full training and will be available for the game against St Mirren at the weekend.

A boring Alan Shearer, hand in the air type celebration after each goal will do fine this time.  Thank you. 

Awright guys, I'm stopping in Dundee for a couple of nights for a wedding at the end of next month. Could do with a food recommendation for the Friday night. We're stopping at the Hotel Indigo, so somewhere walkable from there would be ideal.
Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated. Cheers!

Head up the Perth Road and go for the Agacan. Best place for food in Dundee without a doubt. Must have around 20 seats but some of the best Turkish food I’ve had anywhere. West End staple as well!

8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Awright guys, I'm stopping in Dundee for a couple of nights for a wedding at the end of next month. Could do with a food recommendation for the Friday night. We're stopping at the Hotel Indigo, so somewhere walkable from there would be ideal.

7 hours ago, kevthedee said:
8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:
Awright guys, I'm stopping in Dundee for a couple of nights for a wedding at the end of next month. Could do with a food recommendation for the Friday night. 

Your close to city centre so a few pubs the market or tickety boos/nicols are decent or a Jimmy chungs Tony macaroni are fairly close as well

My only suggestion is don't go anywhere Kev has offered up. 

On 24/03/2019 at 12:03, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Anyone who thinks it would be positive to go down clearly can't remember all the previous stints we had down in the second tier.

All those times where we just had to get rid of the dead wood, bring in new blood and come straight back up.

All of those times we didn't - just like many of the clubs that go down.

Not that I disagree with the main point you’re making, but we came straight back up the last time we were relegated. 

14 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Just pick a place you like the look of and go and fucking eat.

For fucksake man.

If you win on Saturday you better stay clear of this city aswell.

Thank you.

We're not getting in till 8, so didn't want to spend too much time dicking around. Thought I'd impress the wife (first time for everything) with some vague local knowledge.

If we do win, it's fine: I'll be in heavy disguise as a guy with an English accent so I'm sure I'll be fine... :unsure2:

Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

Edited by Coventry Saint

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

We're not getting in till 8, so didn't want to spend too much time dicking around. Thought I'd impress the wife (first time for everything) with some vague local knowledge.

If we do win, it's fine: I'll be in heavy disguise as a guy with an English accent so I'm sure I'll be fine... :unsure2:

All the recommendations have been wrong of course because not one person has mentioned Taza.

4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I’d recommend Porters in the City Quay. Good food and only a 5 minute walk downhill from your hotel. It’s near the Apex hotel so is easy to find. 

If you want to be a cheapskate there’s usually a voucher from itison for some deals in there. 

21 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

If your a fan of Shameless make sure you get yourself along to the lochee sports club for a pint.

Thats about as close a pub you'll ever see to the Jockey. 

Some crowd in there. 

17 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

If your a fan of Shameless make sure you get yourself along to the lochee sports club for a pint.

Thats about as close a pub you'll ever see to the Jockey. 

Some crowd in there. 

Think that's been shut for quite a while now. 

On 3/23/2019 at 16:19, Raise High The Roof Beams said:

To echo some of the chat on The Dark Blues, is there anyone out there who will be relieved with a return to the Championship next season ? Not part of that crowd myself but just interested to see if there is anyone out there ?

For the record, NO.

Buuuuuut..... it would be nice to actually see some wins in a season. I'm convinced Nelson would be like Shankland and Dobbie, slotting goals past every keeper in that league. But again, I don't particularly wish to have to find out if that would be true or not.

It's annoying that we (I feel) ask for so little and don't even receive that. I would be just fine with coming 8th in the Premiership almost every year, but we pay higher than most and still underperform. This is (imo) 100% Nelms' fault, as I'm convinced he has no idea what he is doing in terms of managing spending, and just convinced Keyes to throw money at whatever guy McCann pointed at. I hope this changes after a successful saving of the season, but I have low expectations.

25 minutes ago, Dele said:

Think that's been shut for quite a while now. 

Aw has it,  we were drinking in there for a few months when we were in Dundee working,  last we were in was November there. It was some place,  dodgy sky box,  wires hanging everywhere,  packets of fags getting punted from behind the bar. 

The owner Davy reckoned he was good friends with Tony Fitzpatrick, he told me the week before we sacked stubbs that he would be gone within the week.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

For the record, NO.

Buuuuuut..... it would be nice to actually see some wins in a season. I'm convinced Nelson would be like Shankland and Dobbie, slotting goals past every keeper in that league. But again, I don't particularly wish to have to find out if that would be true or not.

It's annoying that we (I feel) ask for so little and don't even receive that. I would be just fine with coming 8th in the Premiership almost every year, but we pay higher than most and still underperform. This is (imo) 100% Nelms' fault, as I'm convinced he has no idea what he is doing in terms of managing spending, and just convinced Keyes to throw money at whatever guy McCann pointed at. I hope this changes after a successful saving of the season, but I have low expectations.

Agree with the jist of your point. We desperately need some sort of guy with an understanding of football between the manager and the money guys. It's entirely correct that the money should be given to a manager and his judgement on footballing matters trusted implicitly, but the problem is our non-footballing money men keep appointing utter wallopers, and then flinging money at them.

D.O.F. or somesuch desperately required.

Paging Jocky....

Edited by Boo Khaki

9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Piccolo is a classy, Italian restaurant, but tiny. Book in advance. 

If it's an Indian meal you're after, I'd suggest the Balaka (Which looks like it has been lost in time to the 60s) or Jahangir (Which looks like it has been lost in time to the 80s and has a Koi Carp stream running through the restaurant) but both deliver up great Indian food. Much better than your more modern places like Rishis or Dil Se but they do look like shite tips.

If it's just pub grub with drinks then you've got the Market (Which is just like a spoons) and the old bank bar (which is a spoons).

There's Tonic if you like your burgers and there's a Japanese place on the Perth road but I've never been so can't comment.

I would suggest avoiding the likes of Frankie and Benny's and the two Mexican restaurants on the Perth Road as a priority though.

10 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Not got the heart to give you a torrent of abuse.

Seem like a lovely old man. Just want to pat your head.

Thank you.

Just dropping in with some #facts.

I have kindly put them in a spoiler so that you don't need to scroll through numerous #facts if you don't wish to.  This considerate nature of posting is exactly why I was voted the best Kilmarnock poster of 2018 by you guys.

Spoiler

Dundee are shite.

#facts

Edited by Dindeleux