All things Dundee FC

Can’t be arsed having to scroll through the match thread full of fans of other Scottish clubs creaming themselves over a Celtic victory so will post on here instead.

Thought we defended really well today although Celtic made it really easy for us by doing absolutely nothing with the ball. With a bit more composure in the final third we could have easily won the game. A kick in the balls in the end but tbh not taking a pumping to the goal difference could be worth a point come the end. 2 weeks now to get ready for St Mirren game with them looking likely to have to play the wednesday before could work in our favour. We need Nelson back fit for that one.

Aye I'll post my thoughts here rather than the match thread. Don't get to so many games these days but thought we looked decent and organised though celtic never offered much.

Could have been different if Wright had taken his one on one but bain looked decent to come and smother it from where I was watching.

Be a long two weeks till the st mirren game now. I'll maybe make it my first away trip in a while. I think it did us a favour their game was postponed yesterday cause can't see st Johnston doing us a favour in that one.

They're about as dung as we are just now.

Defended well tody, Horsfield and Woods are weak links. Tad unlucky but we'll not be relegated on results against Celtic, we are where we are because we're shite, simple as!

True, but good defensive performances like that and against Sevco make you wonder how they can be so shite 90% of the time. Utterly infuriating being a Dundee fan.

We had 2 great chances one at the half and then just before Celtic scored. Missed both.  

I think the Accies are on their usual division saving roll of games that saves them each year. We have to focus on a play off scenario I think...So long as we deal with St Mirren.

I’m in a minority of 1 but I don’t think Jimbo has been that bad. But for a last minute equaliser conceded at Hamilton, a last minute penalty miss against Killie and a last minute winner for Celtic we’d be 5 points better off and I struggle to see how that’s JM’s fault. Nelson getting injured celebrating a goal, Davies, may be injury prone but breaking in a bounce game is bad luck, Curran - who looks a decent addition to me has a stomach issue - these are also unlucky turns. He hasn’t broken the bank rebuilding the team - loans mostly. Dieng is a better keeper than we had, Wright is excellent, Curran and Nelson miles better than we had. Most of us were creaming our pants when McCann was appointed ffs.

I’m buying a season ticket. I’m a Dundee fan 100% and that won’t change regardless of the league we are in.

We need to stop wetting our pants and get right behind JM and the players on the park. We can still finish 10th imo and that’s the way I’m rolling.

To be brutally honest, any team playing with Robson and Woods in central midfield doesn't deserve to be playing top flight football. There's not much in the way of better replacements, though, which is kind of why we are in this mess, I suppose.

23 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m in a minority of 1 but I don’t think Jimbo has been that bad. But for a last minute equaliser conceded at Hamilton, a last minute penalty miss against Killie and a last minute winner for Celtic we’d be 5 points better off and I struggle to see how that’s JM’s fault.

I'm making that a minority of 2.  

That said, no matter how unlucky we've been, and you've pointed out a few of the key moments, the table doesn't lie and we are 11th for a reason.  Not all down to Mcintyre though.   

I wasn’t keen on the McIntyre appointment at the time and if i’m honest i’m still not. That being said, I’ll judge whether or not he’s done a good job at the end of the season. If we stay up = success. Relegation and he’s failed. He’s had plenty time to avoid relegation.

42 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

To be brutally honest, any team playing with Robson and Woods in central midfield doesn't deserve to be playing top flight football. There's not much in the way of better replacements, though, which is kind of why we are in this mess, I suppose.

Who signed them?

29 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I wasn’t keen on the McIntyre appointment at the time and if i’m honest i’m still not. That being said, I’ll judge whether or not he’s done a good job at the end of the season. If we stay up = success. Relegation and he’s failed. He’s had plenty time to avoid relegation.

It's the nature of the business, but a last kick of the game goal in a play-off final could be the dividing line between success and failure.  That's a pretty fine line.  

How the f**k did we get into this?  I think we need to go a bit further back than the appointment of McIntyre but he's going to be the man in the seat when the music stops so them's the breaks.

It's the nature of the business, but a last kick of the game goal in a play-off final could be the dividing line between success and failure.  That's a pretty fine line.  
How the f**k did we get into this?  I think we need to go a bit further back than the appointment of McIntyre but he's going to be the man in the seat when the music stops so them's the breaks.

Might be a fine line, but he’s had plenty of time to steer us way clear of that scenario. I’m looking at it more that a playoff win would be more of a lifeline for McIntyre. Arguably he’s still failed if we end up in that position.

Robson had his best game for us yesterday. Granted, he didn't do very much but it was an improvement on being completely invisible throughout. Hopefully he's getting up to speed and we can have some sort of midfield for the final run in.