All things Dundee FC

I'll not be getting one but.. We're hardly paying for their mistakes. We simply wouldn't be where we are without them and add to that, they're writing off every loss thus far. Sure, some of it is due to their decisions but a vast majority is being incurred by decisions made by fan ownership.

The way we’re going we’re heading back to where we were before they came in. 2 years ago they said they wanted 1,000 extra fans in the door yet all they’ve done is put prices up and drive fans away. Explain that because I don’t get it. Some of it? It’s all been their decisions. The last 2 managers are solely down to them and they’ve been complete disasters. Ticket prices should surely reflect the product on offer. That would make sense anyway from a business point of view. Therefore our owners appear to think that our performances on the park are improving. Head scratcher.

Edited to add I’m talking about McCann and McIntyre, not Hartley.

Can't remember if I posted this last year or not, but I would love to see the club being a bit more creative with season tickets. (Just using rough figures to give you the general idea)

For example:

PATG is £27 on average, and season ticket works out at about £22 per match. Not every one gets a season ticket due to work/family commitments, so offer a 10 match ticket at say, £25 per game. You can use your tickets for any ten games you wish, but have to let the club know in advance if it's for an all-ticket game, so they can reserve the seat and not sell it to someone else.

Secondly, you can pay an extra, say £30-£40 on your season ticket price and you get entrance to all cup games at Dens. If we don't get drawn at home in the cup, or only get the group games in the LC, then you're probably losing out, but we could get home draws all the way to both quarter finals (:lol:) and be quids in.

I would just love us to be a bit more innovative and try and encourage more than just the diehard fans...

Can't remember if I posted this last year or not, but I would love to see the club being a bit more creative with season tickets. (Just using rough figures to give you the general idea)
For example:
PATG is £27 on average, and season ticket works out at about £22 per match. Not every one gets a season ticket due to work/family commitments, so offer a 10 match ticket at say, £25 per game. You can use your tickets for any ten games you wish, but have to let the club know in advance if it's for an all-ticket game, so they can reserve the seat and not sell it to someone else.
Secondly, you can pay an extra, say £30-£40 on your season ticket price and you get entrance to all cup games at Dens. If we don't get drawn at home in the cup, or only get the group games in the LC, then you're probably losing out, but we could get home draws all the way to both quarter finals (:lol:) and be quids in.

I would just love us to be a bit more innovative and try and encourage more than just the diehard fans...

I agree with this, great ideas.

I’ll defo get one even although I miss a few games. Especially this season with my fooked hip making me immobile but I’m derried oot ma nut and there seems no known cure.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

Some of it? It’s all been their decisions. 

They had no say in the terms of what is a preposterous rental contract. 

The decisions for operating losses is all on them, granted. Live in hope they replace the current manager with a better fitting one and there is no need to rinse and replace the squad every window anymore. 

Any fans on here who dont have a season ticket thinking about getting one ?

I am. But for more personal reasons. My Auntie (actually was a Dons fan) passed away last year and was generous enough to leave me a wee bit of cash. She used to take me to the football a lot at Dens when I was wee, would sit in with me even if we were playing Aberdeen. The first win I ever saw was a 2-0 win over the sheep with Tom Cowan scoring a belter. Anyway, I’ve never had a season ticket and when I found out about the money I decided that it would be good to get one to honour that time we had together. Football is about more than just the matches and the time we spent at Dens or on away trips and chatting about it I’ll always cherish so that’s why I’m getting one. Seems fitting.

If this wasn’t the case though there’s not a chance I’d be getting one!

There seems to be a sort of disconnect between the board and the fans. It still feels like Nelms in particular hasn't clocked that Scotland is nothing like America and that folk won't buy tickets in spite of whatever shite you serve them. 

It's the first time in donkeys when we should be viewed as the better team in the city and we're driving fans away instead of building upon that. It's criminal.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

They had no say in the terms of what is a preposterous rental contract. 

The decisions for operating losses is all on them, granted. Live in hope they replace the current manager with a better fitting one and there is no need to rinse and replace the squad every window anymore. 

Is it preposterous? They said they'd buy him out when they came in. That was a pledge of the fans selling the club to the Americans.

They've appointed 2 managers (McCann and McIntyre) and made a complete arse of both. (It was Colvin that appointed Hartley).

They've ramped ticket prices up since they've came to the club.  They promised fan engagement yet have cut all official contact with not only DFCSS, but our fans rep and indeed the fans in general as they don't have an AGM anymore.

Yes, they back the manager to the hilt which is absolutely massive, but other than a promise of a new stadium of which there's not even been an official comment on in almost a year - they've failed in every regard since coming to the club based on what their original vision was.

I think Nelms is a top guy, he talks the talk and he has a chance to make a difference now he's on the SPFL board but his footballing decisions are consistently naieve at best, atrocious at worst. His off the field decisions has led to the home support being on a downward trend since they've financed the club with there being occasions where an opposition team has outnumbered the home support. And we are talking ordinary league games not games where we are purposefully cashing in on the OF coin when they have the chance to win the league.

They try to purchase the only safeguards we have over the club with little way of explanation until DFCSS reveal why and they hit back with passive aggressive statements.

This ticket price is an absolute slap in the face to the average fan. Why are we selling season tickets in March with 9 games to go?!? Are they struggling financially?! 

They seem to be getting shadier by the month.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is it preposterous?

They said they'd buy him out when they came in. That was a pledge of the fans selling the club to the Americans.

Of course it is. 

Yes, one of the pledges. Things change and they're now (correctly, IMO) looking to build a new stadium to suit both their own interests and ours. The revisionism that the club was only sold to them - not by you - due to them saying they'd look to buy the ground back, is mental. 

The fact is, without them doing what they have we wouldn't be in this league. We might not have even survived at all. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Without their money we would be fucked. Agreed
What else have they done ?

I've said this for ages. Struggle to think of any improvements that have been made on or off the pitch. We've got the highest budget out of our peers and Nelmsy is apparently taking £120k salary out of the club.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Without their money we would be fucked. Agreed
What else have they done ?

I'm not sure we can ask much more of them other than to bankroll our ongoing failure to get a foothold in this league 

52 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Its them who hired our last two managers..

I want them to stop hiring idiots. If money dosnt seem to be an issue surely we can potentially get a better manager than the last two?

I can also ask them to lower the season ticket prices..

2 weeks to pay and most get paid at end of the month.?

Harsh to say Hartley was an idiot, or maybe you meant McIntyre?  Also harsh to say he's an idiot,  I'll not argue with you on McCann though!

Our losses are continuing year-on-year so I'm not sure they would look favourably at reducing income but I agree the price of tickets is out of order for the product being served up but,  I think football itself is overpriced and we are no different to other clubs of our size.   I find it hard to criticise FPS on the financial side given their ongoing support.

The new stadium is a worry given the lack of communication though.  

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

They didn't hire Hartley..

Our losses are that bad we are still paying silly wages. Aren't we like 6th highest or so in the league?
Let's not go on about the stadium. The lads in the know on here said it's a definite .

Potentially 395 pound for a season ticket next season in maybe the championship.
Good one

I know they didn't hire Hartley but I couldn't imagine you were saying Mcintyre is an idiot given he has given us at least a shot at surviving after McCann's abysmal efforts.

Stadium - who knows

As for season ticket prices.  Well, presumably total income would plummet if we were relegated, whilst some costs wouldn't so unless we want to make even more losses we need to look at maximising season ticket revenue as well as other revenue streams.  

Do you wish we had never gotten involved with FPS?  How would you rate them out of 10? 

I know they didn't hire Hartley but I couldn't imagine you were saying Mcintyre is an idiot given he has given us at least a shot at surviving after McCann's abysmal efforts.
Stadium - who knows
As for season ticket prices.  Well, presumably total income would plummet if we were relegated, whilst some costs wouldn't so unless we want to make even more losses we need to look at maximising season ticket revenue as well as other revenue streams.  
Do you wish we had never gotten involved with FPS?  How would you rate them out of 10? 

Pretty sure McIntyre has the worst win % of any Dundee manager ever.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

McIntyre has brought in his own team.
He is given his mates contracts. Curran a long contract.
He has had plenty time to get us out of this mess. He has made plenty errors and if we finish either 11th or 12th he has failed us.

With season ticket prices do you honestly believe we will attract more fans ?

I can's say I was over the moon when we appointed McIntyre, but I could see why the BoD chose him and, to be fair, he is not doing a bad job in my opinion.  Let's not forget he had to sort some shite out before he could begin to move forward.  When McCann was in charge, we would have bitten our own hands off for 11th.  He isn't a long-term proposition in my opinion,  but he's not doing such a bad job that we can say he's an idiot. IMO.

No, I don't think the season ticket prices will attract more fans - I don't understand the BoD's thinking in releasing season tickets for next season before we even know which league we're playing in. 

11 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Pretty sure McIntyre has the worst win % of any Dundee manager ever.

I don't think so but could be.  

Let's not go down that road though - you know there are too many variables to make that anything like conclusive.  Tommy Gemmell would rank as our best manager ever if we used that criteria.  

1 hour ago, Dele said:

I see Nelms has got another wage rise. Up to £120k. That's 'apparently' a £70k wage increase since the bleating what he was on whilst we were in the Championship. 

You have to applaud that. 

Would expect him to be on that sort of wage for running a top flight team tbh. Tim Keyes has covered all the losses so far which will include this wage so doesn’t impact on the playing budgets. 

I’d give FPS a 6.5 or a 7 out of 10 so far. 2 major issues have stopped that being higher. Their managerial appointments and the season ticket/ gate money pricing and incentive schemes. Keep reading about them going back on their decision to buy Dens but if I recall correctly there was a meeting at Dens with the supporters society before FPS bought in and they said they had no intentions of buying back Dens, although it had previously been stated in the local press that it was their intentions. 

Edited by Yenitit