All things Dundee FC

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's not as if McIntyre is known for his team's defensive capabilities either. Whether we survive or not, I'd hope we are looking at better options come the summer.

Given Nelms was quoted as saying that "7th or 8th is where we'd like to be" when McIntyre got the job is there not an argument that even if he keeps you up there's evidence he's fallen well short?

"Seventh or eighth is where we'd like to be," Nelms told BBC Scotland.

"We're not far off it as we speak. We are lucky in that respect. But his ultimate goal would be top six - fifth or sixth is where we'd like to be, if not even higher."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45905094

Looking at that team that started yesterday 6 of the starting 11 were loans so while he's been backed to bring these guys in there's still a clean slate option for a new manager in the summer.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's not as if McIntyre is known for his team's defensive capabilities either. Whether we survive or not, I'd hope we are looking at better options come the summer.

As underwhelmed as I was by his appt and as underwhelmed/bewildered as I continue to be by our team and some of JM`s weird decisions and statements I think with McIntyre handing out PCA`s the die is already cast, and he will be staying on.

I`m just hoping against hope that we finish in 10th and that a full re-assessment will be made. I just have a sneaking suspicion that JM is going to be allowed to attempt our re-build no matter what happens.

Edited by CanadianDee

Watching the goal on the BBC, jesus, what shocking defending.

Ive accepted that we will almost certainly be relegated, McIntyre doesnt seem any better than McCann, and his favouritism towards certain players is baffling. 

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

McCann's last 23 games:

7 wins, 2 draws and 14 defeats.

McIntyre has the worst win percentage in our history, standing at only 13.04%.

Can't say that though. It's all McCann's fault. Even though McIntyre has spent a fortune building a new squad (again, chequebook always) yet fails miserably. That's because it's January window though. Boys had the easiest ride of a Dundee manager I've ever seen. 

Get him in the fucking bin. 

10 hours ago, crispy said:

My guess at the player throwing himself over would be Berra. No, wait, it’s experience.

Not only that, Berra has also taught his successor Souttar the art of falling to the ground anytime a forward brushes against him. 

If some fans can't see the difference in our performance between McCann's and McIntyre's players then I'm at a loss. 

6 minutes ago, doogster said:

If some fans can't see the difference in our performance between McCann's and McIntyre's players then I'm at a loss. 

Everyone can see possession based to hoof all but a lot of fans seen to be mislead by one half of decent football. Despite getting hammered at the end of the game. A whole new squad and its arguable only Wright is an improvement. 

Ridiculous. 

• Dieng - started well, but the last handful of games havent been good.
  • Horsfield - ok player, no better than Kerr IMO.
  • McGowan - looks ok, but we have started conceding more goals, so whats the point.
  • Davies - old injury prone defender, gets injured before he kicks a ball, such a Dundee signing.
  • Woods - blah blah blah.
  • Hadenius - midfield enforcer, dropped after a couple of poor games.
  • Robson - passenger at the weekend, no heart for a midfield battle.
  • Wright - promising player, cant do it all on his own.
  • O'Sullivan - actually quite like the look of him, better than most.
  • Dales - the white Deacon, despite numerous chances to assist or score, he just cant manage it.
  • Curran - runs about a lot, never looks like scoring, absolute waste of a 2.5 year contract
  • Nelson - best of the signings, but fitness concerns already, we badly need him.

Of the four permanent signings, Davies and Nelson are crocked, Curran isnt fit for purpose, and Woods is shite.

But yeah, we have looked better in some of the defeats, so chin up.

Edited by srw

I'm a bit surprised at some of the negativity on here. From the highlights, I thought Dundee had better chances than Hearts and on another day would have taken something, though agree that the defending for the goal was comical.

You look a lot more competitive than Accies did though.

McIntyre is pish.
McCann was pish.
Hartley was good then went pish.
Bomber was pish (but reasonably effective for a while).

I reckon the blame has to be laid at Nelms door, if the recruitment has been bad (it has) then he has to carry the can.

Judging by the fixture list we’ll be bottom come the split. We should have been out of sight by now but we’ve only got ourselves to blame. Absolutely praying Nelson is back for the St Mirren game. Wouldn’t even play him against Celtic if he’s fit.

53 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Is there an outline of how many home and away against whom we get in the split?

Think we’ve only got 2 home games after the split with us going to 2 from 4 of St Mirren, Hamilton, St Johnstone or Livingston for a 3rd time if the current bottom 6 stays as it is. It hasn’t been the greatest of fixture lists for us before the split this year. 

Edited by Yenitit

Think we’ve only got 2 home games after the split with us going to 2 from 4 of St Mirren, Hamilton, St Johnstone or Livingston for a 3rd time if the current bottom 6 stays as it is. It hasn’t been the greatest of fixture lists for us before the split this year. 
To be honest we've been even worse at home than away.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

To be honest we've been even worse at home than away.

Agreed but that’s because we’ve played the easier teams at home once and twice away. 

Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts Hibs etc home twice. St Mirren, Hamilton, Livingston, St Johnstone away twice. 

Edited by Yenitit