All things Dundee FC

Can anyone remember any game where we actually physically dominated a team, rather than getting bullied off of every 50/50 challenge?? Totally fed up with getting pushed around by teams all the time...
Dundee FC. Where the wee shites get a game.

47 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Can anyone remember any game where we actually physically dominated a team, rather than getting bullied off of every 50/50 challenge?? Totally fed up with getting pushed around by teams all the time...

Disappointing ^_^

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

You rang...  

couple of weeks and we'll roll over for you.

I'm away on a bit of a rant here, but I think McIntyre's signings are coming up a wanting so far:

Scott Wright - Cracking signing. Exactly what we needed. Disappointing thing is we'll only have him short term. I'd absolutely love the lad to be a Dee.

Andrew Nelson - Best striker we've had in a long time. Injury prone, but he wouldn't be looking at us if he weren't.

Andreas Hadenius - Looked a bit pish but not had long enough to judge. Only on loan and already behind O'Sullivan, Robson, McGowan and Woods in the pecking order. Bit poor.

Ethan Robson - Looked anonymous every time he's played. He should have been the first one hooked today. Doesn't look to put in much effort.

Martin Woods - Think it says a lot about McIntyre's signings so far that he's probably the best CM at the club right now.

John O'Sullivan - Looks bright in the brief time he's been on the pitch, but not showed to be better than what we have which isn't much.

Andy Dales - Limited. Too limited for me. I'd have Calvin Miller on the wing before him if honest.

Ryan McGowan - He's basically a right footed Darren O'Dea. Our defence hasn't improved any with him at the back. Put it this way - I reckon Gadzhalov would be the best CH at the club if he was here now.

Andrew Davies - Yeah...

Craig Curran - I really like him. He's not gonna score goals and he'll frustrate the life out of us but at least makes games more interesting.

James Horsfield - Horseshit. He's not as good as Cammy Kerr IMO. Bit of a steady eddy.

Seny Dieng - He looks better than Jack Hamilton, indeed, he even looked to be our best keeper since Rab, but he's started to look a bit suspect the past 3-4 games. There was a point I'd want him signed up in a heart beat, now I'm not sure he's a million miles better than Parish. He likes to go for a glorious parry and doesn't clear the ball more often than not. I do like how he keeps chirping away at McIntyre to go up for corners when we're behind though.

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

In the words of David Robertson to his players about to play their first ever match in India’s top league against the previous season’s champions - ‘see their chairman, their manager and their players - we’re gonna fucking trample over those b*****ds’ - classic.

Did they win? I need to know if they won. 

Celtic at home

St.Mirren away

St.Johnstone away

Aberdeen at home

For the giggles as i could do with it, how many points will we get from a possible 12 thats left before the split?

Should be aiming for wins against the Saints - anything else would be a bonus.

It's absolutely vital that Nelson is fit for those and the post-split games.

Any new on when Davies will be fit?

He can't be worse than O'Dea.

Stinking game yesterday, not helped by the ref who had a nightmare and let it descend into scrap. Not sure who hearts number 6 - there was a moment where he blatantly threw himself on the ground with nobody near him and nothing was done. ..set the tone for the game with both teams allowed away with hundreds of niggling fouls. 

I still fancy us to stay up despite yesterday's result. 

Including Hearts I was hoping for a D W D against Hearts St M and St J.  I am worried now. We need some very unexpected wins and throughout the season have shown we aren't capable of holding a lead in crucial games. 

I echo this. Hearts were there for the taking and St Mirren are a point behind with a game in hand...

Not sure the squad was worse last season, tbh. There is certainly a couple of upgrades in a couple of positions but the squad as a whole is terribly thin compared like for like. 

I've never been less confident of staying up.

Dales and Robson were utterly useless yesterday. Says a lot when Woods isn’t the worst midfielder, although him getting Man of the Match was clearly a pisstake. 

Subs were counter productive again. 

Dieng cant kick to save himself, Horsfield is no better than Kerr, C Curran offered absolutely nothing yesterday. 

Saying the Hearts are the worst team to play against, not often you can combine thugs and divers so well. 

5 hours ago, mungo said:

Stinking game yesterday, not helped by the ref who had a nightmare and let it descend into scrap. Not sure who hearts number 6 - there was a moment where he blatantly threw himself on the ground with nobody near him and nothing was done. ..set the tone for the game with both teams allowed away with hundreds of niggling fouls. 

I still fancy us to stay up despite yesterday's result. 

My guess at the player throwing himself over would be Berra. No, wait, it’s experience.

I must be seeing things totally different from everyone else on here but I actually think Woods does a decent job in midfield.  He does the untidy, scruffy side of the game well - breaking up play, winning the second ball etc.  The problem we have is we don’t have a genuinely creative or box to box midfielder.  This is where the fault lies IMHO. 

Edited by Shadow Play