All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

I genuinely think he's been criminally underappreciated and there was a completely false narrative constructed about him.

Without him, we were a much worse team, even if he was strolling around and not arsed. We've improved every area of the pitch and I think that's made things look a lot better in midfield as you've got forwards who actually have some sort of presence and can pressure up the pitch.

I think that McCann was very very fortunate to uncover him and he papered over a lot of cracks. I actually quite like Woods but it's a different calibre of player entirely.

Absolutely second that here.

Despite his obvious misgivings and a severe lack of effort at times this season,  the way we were actually deliver the ball to him and gain some respite was an absolute blessing ; anchoring things in the middle and allowing a sort of connection between the disparate defence and dismal attack at that time.

The first 50 mins or so in the Aberdeen game without him starting were absolutely dire.

Absolute sham that we sold him once again for pennies but again may not have paved the way for signing someone like Nelson.

Edited by FreddieDaquin

He should be a massive loss, but the player we had this season didn't look any better than Martin Woods or Paul McGowan at CM. Now, of course he's a million times more talented than they two put together, but he won't be missed for us because that's not the type of player McIntyre wants. He wants players that will run through brick walls to help the cause and this season Kamara wouldn't have run through a paper bag for us.
He won't be missed, regardless of how well he does at Rangers because he had the heart of a pea at us and his performances all season (Even before Rangers interest became public) reflected that.

Absolutely this.

I watched the Hamilton game yesterday and it was a typical Kamara performance. Lots of simple passes, mostly back to the guy who just passed to him, he gave the ball away several times and generally jogged about.

I think the classy way he moves and his Arsenal pedigree are actually bit of a smokescreen.

I’m glad he’s gone, funny how he gets remembered more fondly than Scott Bain (their both cuntos) and he’s a h*n now, end of.

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I watched the Hamilton game yesterday and it was a typical Kamara performance. Lots of simple passes, mostly back to the guy who just passed to him, he gave the ball away several times and generally jogged about.

I don't think you watched the game without your "grrrrr Kamara!" glasses on. Try watch it again without them. He was excellent and dictated the pace of the game.

56 minutes ago, Dele said:

I don't think you watched the game without your "grrrrr Kamara!" glasses on. Try watch it again without them. He was excellent and dictated the pace of the game.

You telling people to watch the game again just because they have a different opinion to you is wearing fucking thin.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Absolutely this.

I think the classy way he moves and his Arsenal pedigree are actually bit of a smokescreen.

I’m glad he’s gone, funny how he gets remembered more fondly than Scott Bain (their both cuntos) and he’s a h*n now, end of.

He was MoM against us, and had Gerrard and their fans raving about him.

I watched the game back and he doesn't complete a pass within twenty yards of our goal, and spends most of the time turning backwards with the ball and passing it a few yards. His ability to wriggle out of tight spots seems to influence people into thinking hes class, despite the fact he seems to do absolutely nothing once hes actually made that space for himself. He also got lucky as he let's Alston run off him for the chance when Alston hits the bar.

Wont take long for Rangers fans to start picking up on that.

I've mentioned it elsewhere but unless it's slipped my attention I don't remember Kamara ever going down easily for us yet within 2 games he's hitting the deck in the penalty box after zero contact. Says a lot about when they're getting taught at Ibrox. Hardly surprising right enough.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Seriously? They’ll literally believe anything they’re told. They still think they’re going to win the league this season.

They do eventually pick it up, but mainly because they don't even know what type of player they're getting. 

When they signed O'Halloran they thought they were getting a clinical centre forward, then realised he couldn't do anything up front unless defences gave him 30 yards of space behind them.

I've seen them describe Kamara as a "combative box to box midfielder who'll get goals", it wont take them too long of watching him do nothing in their own half before the realise hes contributing nothing.

Can’t agree with most on here.  I think Kamara is an excellent player.  He is generally very good at keeping possession of the ball, something that is especially beneficial if you are playing for a team that is in front by a goal or two.

To be blunt when Kamara was with us we were rarely in front by one goal, let alone two.

Oh dear.

It's all pretty straightforward to me.. Yes, he wasn't putting in much effort at the end, but it's ridiculous to say he 'contributes nothing'. When he was on form for us, particularly when he first came in, he was very, very good. Agree with the point that the shape of the team has changed under McIntyre (and he'd probably be even further adrift if he'd stayed given the new format), but this rewriting of history isn't fair or accurate IMO. He made a fucking atrocious team look decent at times and his composure helped the headless chickens that made up the numbers.

Remember he was surrounded by the likes of Deacon and Inness and had clowns like Moussa in-front on him.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Rangers lose every game from now until their next liquidation, but I think Kamara is a decent buy for them.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Its weird how we all look at it.

Some think we are playing great despite being third bottom and still struggling, some even dont care if we get relegated if we carry on playing the same way we do.
Then we have some who think McIntyre still isn't the man to lead us forward.
Then we have some who think we will be nowhere near finishing second bottom
Then we have the me camp who has no idea still how this is going to pan out.

Only thing I do know regardless of what happens and where we finish it's a big rebuild once again in the summer.

Never a dull moment being a Dundee fan.

However project building a new stadium must be on the agenda soon surely ?

Don't think it's related but there is a long stone path leading from the subway at the Mormon church into camperdown park.

Off it in both sides are two large fields. The field on the right (according to the original plans) would be partly were training pitches 3 & 4.

These fields never see any activity and have been cut twice in about 4 years. It was cut again last week and fresh soil dumped in places where it had small craters. Leveling for development? Albeit maybe ages away - progress right?

17 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Is this you suggesting this is start of it ?
Not even a mention in the media about it... or anything towards the stadium... unless their has been and I've totally missed it.

Was such a huge deal this getting a new stadium and then their was silence. I get their is always gonna be stumbling blocks but all of a sudden their is nothing.
Was good last season when Dundee fans on here were saying this n that was happening and their uncles, pals, brothers best mate was saying it is definitely happening.

You're so tedious! 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, thommohawk said:
You're so tedious! 

True. Still dont believe its happening....

I went to the planning day and it was far to elaborate to be nothing. Wasn't saying they started but I have not seen any movement there in years. That's where I take my girls to fly their drone.

Be that as it may, the stall in news on developing I believe to be  largely down to where we are in the league. That and Keyes may be getting the hump with us.

Said it a million times but business men only say "part of the family" when they are about to rob you of your last penny and leave.

He was bemoaning recouping of cash taking longer than expected. That's never good.

Relegation = Fucked

Staying up = Stadium 

That's what I think anyway.

Edited by Crawford

He was MoM against us, and had Gerrard and their fans raving about him.

I watched the game back and he doesn't complete a pass within twenty yards of our goal, and spends most of the time turning backwards with the ball and passing it a few yards. His ability to wriggle out of tight spots seems to influence people into thinking hes class, despite the fact he seems to do absolutely nothing once hes actually made that space for himself. He also got lucky as he let's Alston run off him for the chance when Alston hits the bar.

Wont take long for Rangers fans to start picking up on that.

ETA - I agree with you and that is a very typical Kamara performance.

If you watch the BBC highlights - so basically the goals - it’s like Kamara isn’t on the park. I conclude from that he contributes very little in the offensive department. He undoubtedly has attributes but he needs to do more.