All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Did anyone really thing JM dropped Nelson right out of the squad down to some tinkering with the team? FFS.

Plus he feels at Miller’s age he’s better coming off the bench and as he netted twice, albeit both adjudged offside marginally, he was perhaps vindicated.

No, nobody thought that, somebody got the wrong end of the stick in this thread. We were all aware that Nelson was injured. I'd say that based on Miller scoring 7 goals from 13 or 14 starts (most of those starts in a diabolically bad team) also proves that he knows where the net is when lining up at the centre circle to start a game as well. 

Him scoring two 'offside' goals last night with his head were still proof that he has tremendous quality around the goal (despite delivering the worst penalty of his life the other week). I am in no way suggesting that Miller should replace Nelson, but when the Admiral is injured then Kenny should be the OBVIOUS choice for the straight swap. 

It's just another decision by JM that makes me question whether he is the best long term plan for manager. Having said that it's pretty obvious that a long term plan really isn't what is needed right now, it's simply getting to tenth, and then re-assessing in the summer. And no matter what happens this season we can cross that bridge when we come to it! 

Edited by CanadianDee

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

What’s the chances Glen Kamara pops one in the top bin on Wednesday night after having gone 18 months without even having a shot for us?

Hasn't exactly hit the ground running for rangers but knowing our luck he will have a half time hat-trick.

Edit - found out he's been great and I know f**k all.

Edited by Crawford

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Hasn't exactly hit the ground d running for rangers but knowing our luck he will have a half time hat-trick.

Has he not? I've heard nothing but praise about him so far. Might be totally wrong though. Hopefully he doesn't come to life on Wednesday, but our old players usually do against us.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Has he not? I've heard nothing but praise about him so far. Might be totally wrong though. Hopefully he doesn't come to life on Wednesday, but our old players usually do against us.

I meant goals sorry.

Edit - So was he injured or were we just keeping him fresh for them?

Edited by Crawford

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I meant goals sorry.

Edit - So was he injured or were we just keeping him fresh for them?

Largely the latter, ever since he landed the PCA he wasn't paying at his best as his mind was elsewhere, so he wasn't getting played.

It says a lot about Kamara's endeavour and attitude that as much as we are missing a a great central midfielder right now, it's equally not as if there is a Kamara shaped hole in the midfield right now either.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

It says a lot about Kamara's endeavour and attitude that as much as we are missing a a great central midfielder right now, it's equally not as if there is a Kamara shaped hole in the midfield right now either.

Most players we have lost to PCA or sold, we have been almost in turmoil because of. I noticed we seem to be fine otherwise without Glen.

Either that says something about Kamara or how great a job McIntyre did with his signings.

Edited by Crawford

43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It says a lot about Kamara's endeavour and attitude that as much as we are missing a great central midfielder right now, it's equally not as if there is a Kamara shaped hole in the midfield right now either.

The shape of the team has changed, to be fair. He is being given a more offensive role and he's showing at Rangers exactly how good a player he is and can be. He will only improve too and in time will be seen as the massive loss that he is. 

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

The shape of the team has changed, to be fair. He is being given a more offensive role and he's showing at Rangers exactly how good a player he is and can be. He will only improve too and in time will be seen as the massive loss that he is. 

He should be a massive loss, but the player we had this season didn't look any better than Martin Woods or Paul McGowan at CM. Now, of course he's a million times more talented than they two put together, but he won't be missed for us because that's not the type of player McIntyre wants. He wants players that will run through brick walls to help the cause and this season Kamara wouldn't have run through a paper bag for us.

He won't be missed, regardless of how well he does at Rangers because he had the heart of a pea at us and his performances all season (Even before Rangers interest became public) reflected that.

Edited by Ludo*1

22 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

After the game last week JM said and I'm paraphrasing here ' I let them figure that out on the pitch' when asked if maybe Scott Wright should be taking more of the set pieces I just about blew my stack, wtf?? I bet you half our team including the goalies could deliver a better freekick than Woods.

Ian McShane has genuine quality from dead balls but had to watch as Woods pulled rank almost every time.  McShane scored a couple of FKs in what must have been half a dozen  attempts and Woods clipped the outside of the post once in two and a half seasons. 

He should be a massive loss, but the player we had this season didn't look any better than Martin Woods or Paul McGowan at CM. Now, of course he's a million times more talented than they two put together, but he won't be missed for us because that's not the type of player McIntyre wants. He wants players that will run through brick walls to help the cause and this season Kamara wouldn't have run through a paper bag for us.
He won't be missed, regardless of how well he does at Rangers because he had the heart of a pea at us and his performances all season (Even before Rangers interest became public) reflected that.
I genuinely think he's been criminally underappreciated and there was a completely false narrative constructed about him.

Without him, we were a much worse team, even if he was strolling around and not arsed. We've improved every area of the pitch and I think that's made things look a lot better in midfield as you've got forwards who actually have some sort of presence and can pressure up the pitch.

I think that McCann was very very fortunate to uncover him and he papered over a lot of cracks. I actually quite like Woods but it's a different calibre of player entirely.