All things Dundee FC

How anyone can watch Woods and think he's decent is beyond me. Every week, win lose or draw the opposition fans pick him out as our worst player. He tries to do fancy passes etc when a simple side foot is more than enough for the five yards it's to travel. You don't need to windmill your arm and hit it with the front of your foot, Martin. 

He's absolutely atrocious. 

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Hearing confirmed reports that Graeme Shinnie is ragdolling your team today.

Hes not really, no. Scored a cracker but the games been absolute dirt, a solid couple of minutes there with opposition centre halves just lumping the ball between each other.

Vile stuff.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes not really, no. Scored a cracker but the games been absolute dirt, a solid couple of minutes there with opposition centre halves just lumping the ball between each other.

Vile stuff.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just seen bits of this on a stream, what a brutal, brutal game of football.

We've absolutely nothing when Kennedy is being marked out the game.

I'm sure these 'bits' give you a completely informed opinion on the game as a whole IMO. Is this turning into a trend here, commenting on games you're not watching?!

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I'm sure these 'bits' give you a completely informed opinion on the game as a whole IMO. Is this turning into a trend here, commenting on games you're not watching?!

I've watched half an hour of a 45 minute half tbf.

So I've now watched the game.

Kunsunga was brutal.
Playing Jessie Curran thought was a bit mental
Paul McGowan goal however was very good.
Our midfield is still weak defensively and defence is of concern.
Was it a good game for a neutral? Very much so.
If we play like this every week and get relegated I'd not be pleased. ( I wouldn't be happy being relegated ).
Going forward is a huge improvement ( bigmouth you keep up with the red dots and disagreeing with all posts I do )

If we can tighten up at the back and midfield sorts itself out we should be alright.

However the fear is we are gonna be relying on Davies to save us from going down defensively?

The sprinklers coming on was quite funny however

I watched the game as a neutral - Dundee have fairly moved on from a few months ago - positively that is. The lad from Aberdeen was excellent too. It’s perhaps understandable if your a Dundee fan to be analysing every move of every player given it’s pretty knife-edge stuff being where you are in league and aside from Kunsunga ( the seagulls in Arbroath would have his chips away with less hassle than a 5 year old would give them) I thought your team played well - much better than 3/4 months ago. A bit harsh on the final score to be honest. Being in the bottom 3 it’s always gonna feel like your not getting much luck and I think it was a penalty right at the start of the match, if that had been 30/35 minutes in you might well have been given it. You pressed and attacked well throughout the game, players didn’t give up you just got undone at the back. That said if you manage to get the defence working right you’ll be fine. Hamilton who knows what they will do but St Mirren are there for the taking.

Give me a team of average players who bust their pan in every game over a team of skilful show ponies who don’t track back or leave their arses on the pitch, any day. Ideally you’d have a balanced mixture of those two types of players but Scottish football can’t afford that luxury unfortunately.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Watch the highlights of their match against Aberdeen, understand that's the best they've played, and you'll relax. They're absolute dirt.

Maybe you should phone Oran, he might be able to tell you how to get a point against Aberdeen.

22 hours ago, Daydream said:

Kusunga is brutal. Total ball watching kert horse.

Unfortunately the General just seems to be getting worse as time goes by. It would seem as though JM has no choice but to turn to O'Dea at this point, and then hope Davies is actually good whenever he is fit to play.

5 hours ago, Dele said:

How anyone can watch Woods and think he's decent is beyond me. Every week, win lose or draw the opposition fans pick him out as our worst player. He tries to do fancy passes etc when a simple side foot is more than enough for the five yards it's to travel. You don't need to windmill your arm and hit it with the front of your foot, Martin. 

He's absolutely atrocious. 

I agree, but the County fans say he will not be dropped under any circumstances so I'm going to have to be content with maybe just getting him taking less and less freekicks. 

After the game last week JM said and I'm paraphrasing here ' I let them figure that out on the pitch' when asked if maybe Scott Wright should be taking more of the set pieces I just about blew my stack, wtf?? I bet you half our team including the goalies could deliver a better freekick than Woods.

Then this week when Kenny Miller started on the bench with Nelson watching from the stands, again wtf? And no my questioning of McIntyre's decisions do not mean that I'm endorsing McCann. One can agree that NM deserved to be sacked, and that JM makes some real headscratchers in the decision dept. I'm not sold on JM, but just get us to tenth and I'll be happy at this point.

2 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

I agree, but the County fans say he will not be dropped under any circumstances so I'm going to have to be content with maybe just getting him taking less and less freekicks. 

After the game last week JM said and I'm paraphrasing here ' I let them figure that out on the pitch' when asked if maybe Scott Wright should be taking more of the set pieces I just about blew my stack, wtf?? I bet you half our team including the goalies could deliver a better freekick than Woods.

Then this week when Kenny Miller started on the bench with Nelson watching from the stands, again wtf? And no my questioning of McIntyre's decisions do not mean that I'm endorsing McCann. One can agree that NM deserved to be sacked, and that JM makes some real headscratchers in the decision dept. I'm not sold on JM, but just get us to tenth and I'll be happy at this point.

Nelson's injured.

Nelson's injured.

Did anyone really thing JM dropped Nelson right out of the squad down to some tinkering with the team? FFS.

Plus he feels at Miller’s age he’s better coming off the bench and as he netted twice, albeit both adjudged offside marginally, he was perhaps vindicated.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Maybe you should phone Oran, he might be able to tell you how to get a point against Aberdeen.

I mean, you realise we beat them at Pittodrie earlier this season don't you?

St Mirren fans getting all giddy off the back of two draws is just delightful.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I mean, you realise we beat them at Pittodrie earlier this season don't you?

St Mirren fans getting all giddy off the back of two draws is just delightful.

You’ve still to play St Mirren two more times this season.  Two chances to show them they are getting ahead of themselves!

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

You’ve still to play St Mirren two more times this season.  Two chances to show them they are getting ahead of themselves!

I'm sure Oran will inspire them to another glorious draw in at least one of them. Only falling two points behind everyone, instead of one, is a decent improvement I suppose.